[Csnd-dev] named instrument starting with a number

Subject[Csnd-dev] named instrument starting with a number
sometimes i would like to use named instruments like "5a" or similar.
currently this returns a parser failure: "invalid input"

would it be possible to allow this, i.e. to identify any instrument
number containing non-numerical characters as name?

or is there any problem, maybe by calling a specific instance via
fractional numbers?

thanks -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] named instrument starting with a number
I think the rule should be like variables, first character must not be
a number, but can be afterwards.  This makes sense as originally named
instruments could be called as opcodes. you should be able to do
instruments "instr5", no?

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 6:04 AM, joachim heintz  wrote:
> sometimes i would like to use named instruments like "5a" or similar.
> currently this returns a parser failure: "invalid input"
>
> would it be possible to allow this, i.e. to identify any instrument number
> containing non-numerical characters as name?
>
> or is there any problem, maybe by calling a specific instance via fractional
> numbers?
>
> thanks -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] named instrument starting with a number
yes i can find a way if it leads to the problem you describe.  thanks
for the explanation -
	joachim