[Csnd-dev] Csound Journal refs in the Manual

Date2021-10-20 22:59
FromPete Goodeve <000009c4b9faa5f6-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject[Csnd-dev] Csound Journal refs in the Manual
AttachmentsNone

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Csound Journal refs in the Manual
Good idea.

> On 20 Oct 2021, at 22:59, Pete Goodeve <000009c4b9faa5f6-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> Hi,
> There are a large number of references in the manual to "https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.csoundjournal.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7C62ae45fa000c4bfe4d7408d99414e408%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C1%7C1%7C637703639709156955%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=CGDmcqczr5OpIKC1LJb5DUOPhWdKKjh2P7AaJ5RQ87Y%3D&reserved=0",
> which doesn't seem to exist, though "csoundjournal,com" still does.
>
> Rather than changing all those links, it would probably be simpler to restore
> the missing URL.
>
>        -- Pete --

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Csound Journal refs in the Manual
Thanks for mentioning Pete. I switched servers over the summer and I
missed some configuration. www.csoundjournal.com should now work (may
take a a little time for DNS to refresh).

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 5:59 PM Pete Goodeve
<000009c4b9faa5f6-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:

> Hi,
> There are a large number of references in the manual to "www.csoundjournal.com",
> which doesn't seem to exist, though "csoundjournal,com" still does.
>
> Rather than changing all those links, it would probably be simpler to restore
> the missing URL.
>
>         -- Pete --

Date2021-10-21 20:25
FromPete Goodeve <000009c4b9faa5f6-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Csound Journal refs in the Manual
AttachmentsNone

Date2021-10-22 20:51
FromEric Nassen
Subject[Csnd-dev] Stop an already scheduled score

I have tried different methods from the API to stop a scheduled score.

Although csoundRewindScore() does the job, it also kills alwayson instruments.

(The same applies to cSoundSetScoreOffsetSeconds())

I could reinstantiate those alwayson instruments, but the buffers get lost.

(p.e. reverberation tails etc…)

I thought I had found the solution by using cSoundSetScorePending(), but this function doesn’t  actually do anything.

Anybody any idea how to stop a running score through API calls without reinstantiating alwayson instruments?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Nassen

Date2021-10-22 20:55
Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Stop an already scheduled score
Haveyoutried turnoff3 ?

You do nit sa wichcsond you areusing (versio, platform) so I cannot tel if
you have thus opcode

==John ff

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021, Eric Nassen wrote:

> I have tried different methods from the API to stop a scheduled score.
>
> Although csoundRewindScore() does the job, it also kills alwayson instruments.
>
> (The same applies to cSoundSetScoreOffsetSeconds())
>

> I could reinstantiate those alwayson instruments, but the buffers get lost.
>
> (p.e. reverberation tails etc…)
>

> I thought I had found the solution by using cSoundSetScorePending(), but this
> function doesn’t  actually do anything.
>

> Anybody any idea how to stop a running score through API calls without
> reinstantiating alwayson instruments?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Eric Nassen

Date2021-10-22 21:25
FromEric Nassen
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Stop an already scheduled score

I am using 6.16. (Win10)

I am looking for an API solution.

If I instantiate an instrument containing turnoff3, it doesn’t remove scheduled events for other instruments.

You do nit sa wichcsond you areusing (versio, platform) so I cannot tel if

you have thus opcode

==John ff

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021, Eric Nassen wrote:

> I have tried different methods from the API to stop a scheduled score.

> Although csoundRewindScore() does the job, it also kills alwayson instruments.

> (The same applies to cSoundSetScoreOffsetSeconds())

> I could reinstantiate those alwayson instruments, but the buffers get lost.

> (p.e. reverberation tails etc…)

> I thought I had found the solution by using cSoundSetScorePending(), but this

> function doesn’t  actually do anything.

> Anybody any idea how to stop a running score through API calls without

> reinstantiating alwayson instruments?

> Thanks in advance,

> Eric Nassen

Date2021-10-22 21:48
FromEric Nassen
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Stop an already scheduled score

Oh wait…

Looks like turnoff3 is indeed a good alternative!

Thanks!

But, what is cSoundSetScorePending() supposed to do?

And why is csoundRewindScore() killing alwayson instances?