[Csnd-dev] question regarding fractional instrument numbers

Date2018-10-21 14:54
FromDave Seidel
Subject[Csnd-dev] question regarding fractional instrument numbers
Given instrument 99, does Csound consider instances called 99.1 and 99.10 to be the same, or are they distinct? In other words, are trailing zeroes significant in fractional instrument numbers?

Thanks,
Dave

Date2018-10-21 15:21
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] question regarding fractional instrument numbers
Not checke but I think it follows the usual rules of gdecimal fractions as
it is read with the same oe as other score arguments

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018, Dave Seidel wrote:

> Given instrument 99, does Csound consider instances called 99.1 and 99.10 to
> be the same, or are they distinct? In other words, are trailing
> zeroes significant in fractional instrument numbers?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Date2018-10-21 15:33
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] question regarding fractional instrument numbers
So that means that trailing zeroes are not significant, correct? This is what I'd expect, but did not want to make assumptions given that a Csound score is not C code.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 10:21 AM jpff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
Not checke but I think it follows the usual rules of gdecimal fractions as
it is read with the same oe as other score arguments

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018, Dave Seidel wrote:

> Given instrument 99, does Csound consider instances called 99.1 and 99.10 to
> be the same, or are they distinct? In other words, are trailing
> zeroes significant in fractional instrument numbers?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] question regarding fractional instrument numbers
yes I just checked te code.  It isa decimal fraction not a code