[Csnd-dev] 6.09.1 outs2 broken?

Date2017-11-09 04:25
Fromrasmus ekman
Subject[Csnd-dev] 6.09.1 outs2 broken?
Hi,

I think I managed to build whatever I got from csounds.com/download, the csound-6.09.1.zip file.

Most of my orcs work fine (and also Trapped in convert),
BUT
when I use outs1 and outs2 together, they both write to the left channel.
Or rather, it seems that IF outs1 exists, outs2 will write to left channel.

This happens also if I feed silence to outs1 - eg  a(0).

I tried to look at the code in /OOps/aout.c, but wouldn't understand it without a lot more digging.

I also tried to the latest aops version from
https://github.com/csound/csound/tree/develop/OOps
This version of aout.c was last changed on September 25.
No change, I get exactly the same results.

CASES THAT WORK:
    outs a1, a2
- stereo output

    outs1 a1  ; no outs2
- sound in left channel

    outs2 a2  ; no outs1
- sound in right channel

    outs1 a1
    outs2 a(0)
- sound only in left channel

THE ONES THAT DO NOT WORK:

    outs1 a1
    outs2 a2
- both write to left channel

    outs1 a(0)
    outs2 a2
- sound in left channel (instead of right)

    outs1 aout
    outs2 -aout * 0.9
- very quiet sound in left channel

Is this my imagination or did I somehow crash my build in a very specific way?

Sorry for not trying to help here really,

    /rasmus

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] 6.09.1 outs2 broken?
There were some changes in these opcodes to make them more efficient and it could be that one of the less used opcodes got broken. Can you file a ticket in github?
Thanks for the report.

Victor Lazzarini

On 9 Nov 2017, at 04:26, rasmus ekman <re@ABC.SE> wrote:

[...]

Date2017-11-09 16:12
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] 6.09.1 outs2 broken?
Bug in outs2 when spout active.  I think i have fixed -- just need a few
more tests

==John ff