Re: [Csnd-dev] CsoundObj.js performKsmps

Date2017-11-02 22:03
FromJames Hearon
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] CsoundObj.js performKsmps
Hi,
Thank you.  That's all good and very, very helpful.  I have been looking at all the wasm examples.  I know my approach is taking a different tack, but how would you suggest going about program control without using client side interactivity on the webpage other than perhaps a start and stop button?  In other words at the moment I'm not so keen on sliders, knobs, dials etc. with action listeners, but just seeking a code based approach for control, much like performksmps can be used in c, c++, or python.  Is this perhaps then the wrong api to be using for that approach?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] CsoundObj.js performKsmps
The API is suitable for that. If you're using control channels just be sure to send some values from JavaScript after csound starts. You can do that either interactively or from code.

Regards,
Mike

On Nov 2, 2017 6:03 PM, "James Hearon" <j_hearon@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Thank you.  That's all good and very, very helpful.  I have been looking at all the wasm examples.  I know my approach is taking a different tack, but how would you suggest going about program control without using client side interactivity on the webpage other than perhaps a start and stop button?  In other words at the moment I'm not so keen on sliders, knobs, dials etc. with action listeners, but just seeking a code based approach for control, much like performksmps can be used in c, c++, or python.  Is this perhaps then the wrong api to be using for that approach?
Jim

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] CsoundObj.js performKsmps
Just to be crystal clear, in JavaScript, immediately after
csound.start() is called, the Csound performance begins. At the same
time, any user interface elements remain active, and can run any
JavaScript code they like while the Csound performance proceeds. It is
very much analogous to using CsoundPerformanceThread.

Also, of course, Csound can send itself control channel messages
during performance.

What is it exactly that you are trying to do?

Regards,