[Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?

Date2017-09-04 19:05
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
Subject[Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?
This is probably an old debate, but would it be possible in the future versions of Csound to allow rational numbers in the Score? What I'd like to be able to achieve is for example to see 4th/8th and 16th part notes as 1/4 1/8 1/16 in p3 parameters. Not important but would be handy and visually helpful feature.

Best,
Hlöðver

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?
You can do it: just use expression syntax.

[1/4] etc

Victor Lazzarini

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 19:05, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>
> This is probably an old debate, but would it be possible in the future versions of Csound to allow rational numbers in the Score? What I'd like to be able to achieve is for example to see 4th/8th and 16th part notes as 1/4 1/8 1/16 in p3 parameters. Not important but would be handy and visually helpful feature.
>
> Best,
> Hlö

Date2017-09-04 19:17
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?
Ok, I had ruled the expression syntax out as its illeagal rt scoreline

illegal RT scoreline:
i 1 0 [1/16] 6.00

but for non-realtime the expression syntax works.

The expression syntax is two extra keystrokes, I can live with that. In general I write very little CsScore so I think it would bother me more if I were to write long scores.

Anyway just thinking out loud.

On 4 September 2017 at 20:08, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
You can do it: just use expression syntax.

[1/4] etc

Victor Lazzarini

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 19:05, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> This is probably an old debate, but would it be possible in the future versions of Csound to allow rational numbers in the Score? What I'd like to be able to achieve is for example to see 4th/8th and 16th part notes as 1/4 1/8 1/16 in p3 parameters. Not important but would be handy and visually helpful feature.
>
> Best,
> Hlöðver

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?
It should work with ReadScore, as far as I can remember. I introduced ReadScore to
cater for that (as opposed to InputMessage),
but I can't recall what works and what doesn't.

Victor Lazzarini

On 4 Sep 2017, at 19:17, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

Ok, I had ruled the expression syntax out as its illeagal rt scoreline

illegal RT scoreline:
i 1 0 [1/16] 6.00

but for non-realtime the expression syntax works.

The expression syntax is two extra keystrokes, I can live with that. In general I write very little CsScore so I think it would bother me more if I were to write long scores.

Anyway just thinking out loud.

On 4 September 2017 at 20:08, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
You can do it: just use expression syntax.

[1/4] etc

Victor Lazzarini

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 19:05, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> This is probably an old debate, but would it be possible in the future versions of Csound to allow rational numbers in the Score? What I'd like to be able to achieve is for example to see 4th/8th and 16th part notes as 1/4 1/8 1/16 in p3 parameters. Not important but would be handy and visually helpful feature.
>
> Best,
> Hlöðver

Date2017-09-04 23:33
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Rational numbers within the score section?
Ok now the difference between readScore and inputMessage make more sense. Thanks for the info!