[Csnd-dev] Is this true?

Date2020-01-06 17:13
FromJohn
Subject[Csnd-dev] Is this true?
Just looking at the manual I read in the MIDI description
"When csound runs, it will process the score and then quit. If there
are no events in the score, Csound will exit immediately."
Is this true  I think if tee is no score then it runs forever.  Which
id correct?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Is this true?
 I guess it's only half true. If there is nothing in the score or no score  it will be open forever. If there are ftables but no i-statements, it will exit.

I think that is the current situation.

> On 6 Jan 2020, at 17:14, John  wrote:
>
> Just looking at the manual I read in the MIDI description
> "When csound runs, it will process the score and then quit. If there
> are no events in the score, Csound will exit immediately."
> Is this true  I think if tee is no score then it runs forever.  Which
> id correct?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Is this true?
yes it runs forever (or some thousand years i heard -- i will test
soon).  this is certainly an old statement and should be changed.