[Csnd-dev] csoundInputMessage and windows file path

Date2018-01-03 14:55
FromSigurd Saue
Subject[Csnd-dev] csoundInputMessage and windows file path
Has the string handling in csoundInputMessage changed the last year or so? After a recent update of the Hadron VST source code it seems to behave differently.

The VST interface sends a file path to csound with the message "i 1 0 1 \"C:\\Program Files\\Hadron/\"". Previously the string argument was interpreted by the csound engine as "C:\Program Files\Hadron/". Now the result is " C:Program FilesHadron/". The double backslashes are simply removed. Is this intended? Should the string message be formatted differently now?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csoundInputMessage and windows file path
yes, that has changed. There was some problem with escaping, which we tried to fix,
but maybe it has caused other problems?

https://github.com/csound/csound/issues/861

If there are problems, let us know.

Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 3 Jan 2018, at 14:55, Sigurd Saue  wrote:
>
> Has the string handling in csoundInputMessage changed the last year or so? After a recent update of the Hadron VST source code it seems to behave differently.
>
> The VST interface sends a file path to csound with the message "i 1 0 1 \"C:\\Program Files\\Hadron/\"". Previously the string argument was interpreted by the csound engine as "C:\Program Files\Hadron/". Now the result is " C:Program FilesHadron/". The double backslashes are simply removed. Is this intended? Should the string message be formatted differently now?

Date2018-01-03 15:43
FromSigurd Saue
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csoundInputMessage and windows file path
Unless there is another way I should format the message "i 1 0 1 \"C:\\Program Files\\Hadron/\"", there definitely is a problem. I can submit an issue instead. I suspect the problem could be an attempt to allow multiline strings (line 340 in linevent.c).

Sigurd

Did you try  {{ i 1 0 1 "C:\Program Files\Hadron” }}
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 3 Jan 2018, at 15:43, Sigurd Saue  wrote:
>
> Unless there is another way I should format the message "i 1 0 1 \"C:\\Program Files\\Hadron/\"", there definitely is a problem. I can submit an issue instead. I suspect the problem could be an attempt to allow multiline strings (line 340 in linevent.c).
>
> Sigurd

Date2018-01-03 16:38
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csoundInputMessage and windows file path
If there are double interpretation each \ needs to be \\\

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Jan 3, 2018, 15:59, at 15:59, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>Did you try  {{ i 1 0 1 "C:\Program Files\Hadron” }}
>========================
>Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>Maynooth University,
>Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>Tel: 00 353 7086936
>Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 3 Jan 2018, at 15:43, Sigurd Saue  wrote:
>>
>> Unless there is another way I should format the message "i 1 0 1
>\"C:\\Program Files\\Hadron/\"", there definitely is a problem. I can
>submit an issue instead. I suspect the problem could be an attempt to
>allow multiline strings (line 340 in linevent.c).
>>
>> Sigurd

Date2018-01-03 16:39
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csoundInputMessage and windows file path
Sorry \\\\

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Jan 3, 2018, 16:38, at 16:38, John ff  wrote:
>If there are double interpretation each \ needs to be \\\
>

>⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>
>On Jan 3, 2018, 15:59, at 15:59, Victor Lazzarini
> wrote:
>>Did you try  {{ i 1 0 1 "C:\Program Files\Hadron” }}
>>========================
>>Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>Maynooth University,
>>Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 3 Jan 2018, at 15:43, Sigurd Saue  wrote:
>>>
>>> Unless there is another way I should format the message "i 1 0 1
>>\"C:\\Program Files\\Hadron/\"", there definitely is a problem. I can
>>submit an issue instead. I suspect the problem could be an attempt to
>>allow multiline strings (line 340 in linevent.c).
>>>
>>> Sigurd

Date2018-01-04 15:37
FromSigurd Saue
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csoundInputMessage and windows file path
Thanks for the fix, Victor. It works now!

I did not try your suggestion below since the double backslashes are passed on from file handling methods of the framework I use. And I still need to encapsulate the entire string in string quotes.

Sigurd

Good. I think it is fair to keep the behaviour as before.

Victor Lazzarini