[Csnd-dev] build problem in Debian

Date2017-12-17 14:42
FromDave Seidel
Subject[Csnd-dev] build problem in Debian
I just upgraded a system from Debian 8 to 9. Now getting this error when I run cmake (this is after deleting the cs6make directory and recreating it, but it was happening before I recreated it):

-- SWIG_USE_FILE:
CMake Error at interfaces/CMakeLists.txt:92 (include):
  include called with wrong number of arguments.  include() only takes one
  file.

CMake Error at interfaces/CMakeLists.txt:112 (swig_add_module):
  Unknown CMake command "swig_add_module".

I tried removing and reinstalling swig, but it made no difference.

Thanks,
Dave

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build problem in Debian
Try commenting that line out. Looks like it is not needed in your case. Not sure but it looks like the cmake version you
have is different from the one we are using.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 17 Dec 2017, at 14:42, Dave Seidel  wrote:
>
> I just upgraded a system from Debian 8 to 9. Now getting this error when I run cmake (this is after deleting the cs6make directory and recreating it, but it was happening before I recreated it):
>
> -- SWIG_USE_FILE:
> CMake Error at interfaces/CMakeLists.txt:92 (include):
>   include called with wrong number of arguments.  include() only takes one
>   file.
>

> CMake Error at interfaces/CMakeLists.txt:112 (swig_add_module):
>   Unknown CMake command "swig_add_module".

> I tried removing and reinstalling swig, but it made no difference.
>
> Thanks,

Date2017-12-17 22:24
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build problem in Debian
Thanks. I apparently have cmake 3.7.2 now. I commented out both lines with errors, which just led to more errors. Kept commenting things out, kept getting new errors. Any other ideas? I also re-ran "apt-get build-dep csound" but it didn't bring anything new or updated in.

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Try commenting that line out. Looks like it is not needed in your case. Not sure but it looks like the cmake version you
have is different from the one we are using.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 17 Dec 2017, at 14:42, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just upgraded a system from Debian 8 to 9. Now getting this error when I run cmake (this is after deleting the cs6make directory and recreating it, but it was happening before I recreated it):
>
> -- SWIG_USE_FILE:
> CMake Error at interfaces/CMakeLists.txt:92 (include):
>   include called with wrong number of arguments.  include() only takes one
>   file.
>

> CMake Error at interfaces/CMakeLists.txt:112 (swig_add_module):
>   Unknown CMake command "swig_add_module".

> I tried removing and reinstalling swig, but it made no difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build problem in Debian
This may be a clue -- it was earlier in the cmake output but I missed it before.

-- Command "/usr/bin/swig2.0 -swiglib" failed with output:

-- Building C++ interface library.
-- Command "/usr/bin/swig2.0 -swiglib" failed with output:

-- Found SWIG: /usr/bin/swig2.0 (found suitable version "2.0.12", minimum required is "2.0")

Interestingly, "/usr/bin/swig2.0" does not actually exist on my system. When I reinstalled swig, apt installed swig3.

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks. I apparently have cmake 3.7.2 now. I commented out both lines with errors, which just led to more errors. Kept commenting things out, kept getting new errors. Any other ideas? I also re-ran "apt-get build-dep csound" but it didn't bring anything new or updated in.

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Try commenting that line out. Looks like it is not needed in your case. Not sure but it looks like the cmake version you
have is different from the one we are using.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 17 Dec 2017, at 14:42, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just upgraded a system from Debian 8 to 9. Now getting this error when I run cmake (this is after deleting the cs6make directory and recreating it, but it was happening before I recreated it):
>
> -- SWIG_USE_FILE:
> CMake Error at interfaces/CMakeLists.txt:92 (include):
>   include called with wrong number of arguments.  include() only takes one
>   file.
>

> CMake Error at interfaces/CMakeLists.txt:112 (swig_add_module):
>   Unknown CMake command "swig_add_module".

> I tried removing and reinstalling swig, but it made no difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build problem in Debian
Solved! I had to delete CMakeCache.txt.