[Csnd-dev] Csound Android app on ChromeOS?

Date2018-11-14 00:00
FromDave Seidel
Subject[Csnd-dev] Csound Android app on ChromeOS?
Has anyone had a chance to try running the Csound app on a ChomeOS device? Apparent;y Android apps can now run in that environment. I'm eyeing the new Google Pixel Slate tablet with interest, but I won't consider it unless I know it can run Csound.

- Dave

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Csound Android app on ChromeOS?
According to the Google Play Developer Console, the Csound app runs on
the following Google devices:

Pixel 3
Chromebook Pixel (2015)
Pixel
Pixel 2
Pixel XL
Pixel 3 XL
Pixel C
Chromebook
Pixel 2 XL
Pixelbook

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM Dave Seidel  wrote:

> Has anyone had a chance to try running the Csound app on a ChomeOS device? Apparent;y Android apps can now run in that environment. I'm eyeing the new Google Pixel Slate tablet with interest, but I won't consider it unless I know it can run Csound.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Csound Android app on ChromeOS?
I should add, as long as the device runs Android SDK versions 22 to 26
inclusive, and uses the armeabi-v7a or arm64-v8a application binary
interface, the Csound app should run.

The idea of running the app on a Chromebook or fancy tablet appeals to
me as well. I am considering adding Embeddable Common Lisp along with
Common Music version 2 for Lisp with Drew Krause's extensions to
Common Music to the app as well, especially because I can no longer
support the LuaJIT opcodes on Android.

Best,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 8:50 PM Michael Gogins  wrote:

> According to the Google Play Developer Console, the Csound app runs on
> the following Google devices:
>
> Pixel 3
> Chromebook Pixel (2015)
> Pixel
> Pixel 2
> Pixel XL
> Pixel 3 XL
> Pixel C
> Chromebook
> Pixel 2 XL
> Pixelbook

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM Dave Seidel  wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone had a chance to try running the Csound app on a ChomeOS device? Apparent;y Android apps can now run in that environment. I'm eyeing the new Google Pixel Slate tablet with interest, but I won't consider it unless I know it can run Csound.

Date2018-11-14 17:27
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Csound Android app on ChromeOS?
Thanks, Mike. The other thing that gives me pause with the Pixel Slate is that it's yet another device without a headphone jack. OTOH, probably best to use an external USB sound card anyway, and they can be quite small.

I like the idea of adding Common Lisp/Common Music. I'm not a Lisp coder, but I've enjoyed the little bit I've done working with Clojure, and having these tools available could be a compelling reason to finally get into Lisp.

Of course, what I'm really waiting for is Forth integration (joking).

- Dave