[Csnd-dev] Build Dependencies?

Date2019-03-13 21:54
FromPete Goodeve
Subject[Csnd-dev] Build Dependencies?
AttachmentsNone

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Build Dependencies?
Csound should only need libsndfile to build,
just install the dev package.

If you want realtime audio, then you can
install one or more of the dev packages
for alsa, jack, portaudio

For midi, two of the above will give you
midi, but you can also have it using
 portmidi, just install the portmidi
dev package.

That should give you enough to get
going.

Victor Lazzarini

> On 13 Mar 2019, at 21:54, Pete Goodeve  wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I decided it was time to get Csound building on my Linux (Mint)
> machine, and I followed the instructions in BUILD.md on github.
>
> The only step that doesn't work for me is "sudo apt-get build-dep csound".
> =>"E: Unable to find a source package for csound"
>
> All I have in /etc/apt/sources.list is:
>
> #deb cdrom:[Linux Mint 18.2 _Sonya_ - Release amd64 20170628]/ xenial contrib main non-free
> deb http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org/ stretch main
> deb-src http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org/ stretch main
>
> so what do I need as well?
>
> (At the cmake stage, I'm told I'm missing libsndfile)
>
> Thanks,

Date2019-03-13 22:09
FromPete Goodeve