[Csnd-dev] Errant 6.13 tag and Release Process

Subject[Csnd-dev] Errant 6.13 tag and Release Process
Hi All,

It looks like a 6.13 tag was pushed to Csound repo. I have deleted it
as it is not yet time to tag. Please also delete the local version if
you have pulled using:

git tag --delete 6.13

For this release, we will follow the usual git-flow release branch
process. We need to clarify a few things though since the Csound
installers need things in place to be reproducible and correct. So, it
should go:

1. Manual release first: Manual should be tagged, generated, uploaded
to the 6.13.0 draft release on Github.
2. CsoundQt final release posted: Csound installers will need those in
place to pull and include into the installer.
3. Csound release/6.13.0 branch created using git-flow.
4. In release branch, update versions for installer and builds to
6.13.0. Generate builds, test, post to draft release in github.
5. Finish release branch using git-flow, which merges back to develop
and master.
6. Publish release on Github.
7. Update version numbers in develop branch to 6.x.x-dev or something
like that to ensure any builds from that point on are clearly 6.x
branch code.

Any issues/questions please reply here.

Thanks,

Date2019-07-08 13:19
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Errant 6.13 tag and Release Process
The first step has just been completed.

Regards

François

Le dim. 7 juil. 2019 à 20:07, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> a écrit :
[...]

Steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Errant 6.13 tag and Release Process
Thanks Francois,

I've merged the appveyor_win_build_update branch back to develop and
then updated the build to use the 6.13.0 manual release.  Not sure if
it will work with the draft release links for non-authenticated users
but we'll see after appveyor tries to build it.

I think now we'll wait for the green light from Tarmo for CsoundQt and
see about a couple last minute dev changes.

Thanks!
steven

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 8:19 AM Francois PINOT  wrote:

> The first step has just been completed.
>
> Regards
>
> François
>
> Le dim. 7 juil. 2019 à 20:07, Steven Yi  a écrit :
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> It looks like a 6.13 tag was pushed to Csound repo. I have deleted it
>> as it is not yet time to tag. Please also delete the local version if
>> you have pulled using:
>>
>> git tag --delete 6.13
>>
>> For this release, we will follow the usual git-flow release branch
>> process. We need to clarify a few things though since the Csound
>> installers need things in place to be reproducible and correct. So, it
>> should go:
>>
>> 1. Manual release first: Manual should be tagged, generated, uploaded
>> to the 6.13.0 draft release on Github.
>> 2. CsoundQt final release posted: Csound installers will need those in
>> place to pull and include into the installer.
>> 3. Csound release/6.13.0 branch created using git-flow.
>> 4. In release branch, update versions for installer and builds to
>> 6.13.0. Generate builds, test, post to draft release in github.
>> 5. Finish release branch using git-flow, which merges back to develop
>> and master.
>> 6. Publish release on Github.
>> 7. Update version numbers in develop branch to 6.x.x-dev or something
>> like that to ensure any builds from that point on are clearly 6.x
>> branch code.
>>
>> Any issues/questions please reply here.
>>
>> Thanks,

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Errant 6.13 tag and Release Process
So there's a bit of a chicken and egg problem. The appveyor build can
not pull from the untagged (draft) release for the manual. However, we
shouldn't tag until the release is done.  Would it be much work to
make a release in the csound/manual repository with the same artifacts
so that the appveyor build could pull from there?  Any other
suggestions welcome.