[Csnd-dev] flac output

Date2017-05-22 21:32
Fromjpff
Subject[Csnd-dev] flac output
output in flac format is broken. I added extra tracing and for

csound tapped.csd --format=flac -o test.flac

i get

sfinit: cannot open test.flac, Not a valid SNDFILE* pointer.

In file InOut/libsnd.c function sf_openout line about 788
No idea yet

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] flac output
did you try testing libsndfile separately using its utility programs?

Victor Lazzarini

> On 22 May 2017, at 21:32, jpff  wrote:
>
> output in flac format is broken. I added extra tracing and for
>
> csound tapped.csd --format=flac -o test.flac
>
> i get
>
> sfinit: cannot open test.flac, Not a valid SNDFILE* pointer.
>
> In file InOut/libsnd.c function sf_openout line about 788
> No idea yet

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] flac output
It’s working here OK on OSX. I can produce a correct FLAC file with your command line.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 22 May 2017, at 22:44, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>
> did you try testing libsndfile separately using its utility programs?
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
>> On 22 May 2017, at 21:32, jpff  wrote:
>>
>> output in flac format is broken. I added extra tracing and for
>>
>> csound tapped.csd --format=flac -o test.flac
>>
>> i get
>>
>> sfinit: cannot open test.flac, Not a valid SNDFILE* pointer.
>>
>> In file InOut/libsnd.c function sf_openout line about 788
>> No idea yet

Date2017-05-23 13:57
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] flac output
I had multiple versions of libsndfile.  Cleaed up and only one copy now
but still a probem:

sfinit: cannot open test.flac, Internal error : SF_INFO struct incomplete.

Still cnfused!

On Mon, 22 May 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> did you try testing libsndfile separately using its utility programs?
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
>> On 22 May 2017, at 21:32, jpff  wrote:
>>
>> output in flac format is broken. I added extra tracing and for
>>
>> csound tapped.csd --format=flac -o test.flac
>>
>> i get
>>
>> sfinit: cannot open test.flac, Not a valid SNDFILE* pointer.
>>
>> In file InOut/libsnd.c function sf_openout line about 788
>> No idea yet
>>
>> ==John ffitch

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] flac output
it is pointing to libsndfile not supporting flac in your system.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 23 May 2017, at 13:57, jpff  wrote:
>
> I had multiple versions of libsndfile.  Cleaed up and only one copy now but still a probem:
>
> sfinit: cannot open test.flac, Internal error : SF_INFO struct incomplete.
>
> Still cnfused!
>

> On Mon, 22 May 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>
>> did you try testing libsndfile separately using its utility programs?
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 22 May 2017, at 21:32, jpff  wrote:
>>>
>>> output in flac format is broken. I added extra tracing and for
>>>
>>> csound tapped.csd --format=flac -o test.flac
>>>
>>> i get
>>>
>>> sfinit: cannot open test.flac, Not a valid SNDFILE* pointer.
>>>
>>> In file InOut/libsnd.c function sf_openout line about 788
>>> No idea yet
>>>
>>> ==John ffitch

Date2017-05-23 15:52
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] flac output
I definitely have it built with flac/ogg/vorbis support.  It seems to me
that v25 is OK  (just tried on a different Linux computer) but v29 fails

On Tue, 23 May 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> it is pointing to libsndfile not supporting flac in your system.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 23 May 2017, at 13:57, jpff  wrote:
>>
>> I had multiple versions of libsndfile.  Cleaed up and only one copy now but still a probem:
>>
>> sfinit: cannot open test.flac, Internal error : SF_INFO struct incomplete.
>>
>> Still cnfused!

Date2017-05-23 16:09
FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] flac output

Hi,

tested on OpenSuse 42.1, Csound 6.09 (built on 4.05, thus not the newest), libsndfile1-1.0.25-27.1
and flac file output is created correctly. I guess it is not Csound's problem but of that particular sndfile version.

tarmo

On teisipäev, 23. mai 2017 15:52.39 EEST you wrote:

> I definitely have it built with flac/ogg/vorbis support. It seems to me

> that v25 is OK (just tried on a different Linux computer) but v29 fails

> On Tue, 23 May 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> > it is pointing to libsndfile not supporting flac in your system.

> > ========================

> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini

> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,

> > Maynooth University,

> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland

> > Tel: 00 353 7086936

> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> >> On 23 May 2017, at 13:57, jpff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:

> >> I had multiple versions of libsndfile. Cleaed up and only one copy now

> >> but still a probem:

> >> sfinit: cannot open test.flac, Internal error : SF_INFO struct

> >> incomplete.

> >> Still cnfused!

Date2017-05-23 16:54
Fromjpff