[Csnd-dev] csound-extensions build issue

Date2018-11-14 22:04
FromDave Seidel
Subject[Csnd-dev] csound-extensions build issue
For Mike:

I did a fresh clone of the csound-extended project, but am getting the following error from the build-linux.sh script (update-dependencies.sh seemed to run OK):

-- Building CsoundAC Lua interface.
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
/home/dave/src/csound-extended/CsoundAC/LUA_H_PATH
   used as include directory in directory /home/dave/src/csound-extended/CsoundAC

I don't use Lua/LuaJIT, but I don't mind building that extension. How should I fix this?

- Dave

P.S. Is there a better list to use for csound-extensions support?

Date2018-11-14 22:06
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csound-extensions build issue
Here's my environment setup:

CSOUND_SRC_ROOT=/home/dave/src/csound-extended/dependencies/csound
CSOUND_EXTENDED_VERSION=0.1.2
NODE_PATH=/home/dave/src/csound/csound/frontends/nwjs/build/Release
OPCODE6DIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0
RAWWAVE_PATH=/home/dave/stk/rawwaves

I'm not sure if NODE_PATH is correct, but I'm not concerned with building Node stuff at this point. The csound-extended project is located at /home/dave/src/csound-extended.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 5:04 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
For Mike:

I did a fresh clone of the csound-extended project, but am getting the following error from the build-linux.sh script (update-dependencies.sh seemed to run OK):

-- Building CsoundAC Lua interface.
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
/home/dave/src/csound-extended/CsoundAC/LUA_H_PATH
   used as include directory in directory /home/dave/src/csound-extended/CsoundAC

I don't use Lua/LuaJIT, but I don't mind building that extension. How should I fix this?

- Dave

P.S. Is there a better list to use for csound-extensions support?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csound-extensions build issue
Thanks for trying this! I will look into this issue. I may drop the luajit support.

Best,
Mike

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 17:06 Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

P.s. I don't have a list. You can enter an issue.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 19:05 Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Mike.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 7:06 PM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

Regarding LuaJIT, I find that I have an installation of LuaJIT in
/usr/local that I created by following the download and installation
instructions at http://luajit.org/index.html. I also installed LuaJIT
as an Ubuntu system package, so I have two installations. This is not
good.

You could try doing a local build from the download and installing to
/usr/local.

The LuaJIT features are no longer supported for Android, so this all
comes down to Linux.

If you plan to use the LuaJIT features, I will remove my /usr/local
stuff and try to get things building.

If you don't plan to use the LuaJIT features, I will at a minimum
change my build system so it won't try to use it unless it has been
installed as a system package. Or, I may remove the LuaJIT features
altogether. I used to use them quite a bit for composing, but I now
tend to use JavaScript and HTML, or plain old C++, or Common Lisp.

You could also try just editing the CMakeLIsts.txt files to not build
the LuaJIT stuff.

Whatever it is, let me know.

Best,

>>> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>>> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo0--3uN5ycq_aupZXskBgA

Date2018-11-15 13:11
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csound-extensions build issue
I tried mucking with CMakeLists.txt, but it started to turn into a rabbit hole, so I reverted that and will look at the option of building LuaJIT. However, I have no plans to use the LuaJIT features.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 7:16 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Mike.
>
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 7:06 PM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for trying this! I will look into this issue. I may drop the luajit support.
>>
>> Best,
>> Mike
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 17:06 Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Here's my environment setup:
>>>
>>> CSOUND_SRC_ROOT=/home/dave/src/csound-extended/dependencies/csound
>>> CSOUND_EXTENDED_VERSION=0.1.2
>>> NODE_PATH=/home/dave/src/csound/csound/frontends/nwjs/build/Release
>>> OPCODE6DIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0
>>> RAWWAVE_PATH=/home/dave/stk/rawwaves
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if NODE_PATH is correct, but I'm not concerned with building Node stuff at this point. The csound-extended project is located at /home/dave/src/csound-extended.

>>> --
>>> http://mysterybear.net
>>> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>>> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo0--3uN5ycq_aupZXskBgA
>>>
>>> http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csound-extensions build issue
I built and installed LuaJIT to /usr/local, but the build still isn't finding the Lua header path (I did delete build-linux/CMakeCache.txt). I don't know cmake well enough to guess what to try next. But I'll be away for a few days, and this is not pressing anyway.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 8:11 AM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried mucking with CMakeLists.txt, but it started to turn into a rabbit hole, so I reverted that and will look at the option of building LuaJIT. However, I have no plans to use the LuaJIT features.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 8:31 PM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
Regarding LuaJIT, I find that I have an installation of LuaJIT in
/usr/local that I created by following the download and installation
instructions at http://luajit.org/index.html. I also installed LuaJIT
as an Ubuntu system package, so I have two installations. This is not
good.

You could try doing a local build from the download and installing to
/usr/local.

The LuaJIT features are no longer supported for Android, so this all
comes down to Linux.

If you plan to use the LuaJIT features, I will remove my /usr/local
stuff and try to get things building.

If you don't plan to use the LuaJIT features, I will at a minimum
change my build system so it won't try to use it unless it has been
installed as a system package. Or, I may remove the LuaJIT features
altogether. I used to use them quite a bit for composing, but I now
tend to use JavaScript and HTML, or plain old C++, or Common Lisp.

You could also try just editing the CMakeLIsts.txt files to not build
the LuaJIT stuff.

Whatever it is, let me know.

Best,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 7:16 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Mike.
>
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 7:06 PM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for trying this! I will look into this issue. I may drop the luajit support.
>>
>> Best,
>> Mike
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 17:06 Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Here's my environment setup:
>>>
>>> CSOUND_SRC_ROOT=/home/dave/src/csound-extended/dependencies/csound
>>> CSOUND_EXTENDED_VERSION=0.1.2
>>> NODE_PATH=/home/dave/src/csound/csound/frontends/nwjs/build/Release
>>> OPCODE6DIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0
>>> RAWWAVE_PATH=/home/dave/stk/rawwaves
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if NODE_PATH is correct, but I'm not concerned with building Node stuff at this point. The csound-extended project is located at /home/dave/src/csound-extended.

>>> --
>>> http://mysterybear.net
>>> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>>> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo0--3uN5ycq_aupZXskBgA
>>>
>>> http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csound-extensions build issue
OK. As I said I will delete my /usr/local installation and simplify
the build configuration. That should be done by the time you get back.

Best,