Re: [Csnd-dev] cs4vst reintroduced in tree

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cs4vst reintroduced in tree
BTW this could happen with other developers.

The reason this happened with me is that I use the csound repository
as a submodule in the csound-extended repository. My build script does
a pull from the csound repository. That failed with a merge conflict
so I tried to merge preferring always the csound head. That failed
because I also merged .gitignore.

Regards,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 8:18 AM Michael Gogins  wrote:

> I'll do that.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 8:16 AM Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> >
> > you might need to apply git filter-branch again as described in the github doc to
> > remove it from the branch and history
> >
> > Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> >
> > > On 15 Jun 2018, at 13:14, Michael Gogins  wrote:
> > >
> > > I reverted this but I still see vst4cs/src. Now what?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Mike

> > > Michael Gogins
> > > Irreducible Productions
> > > http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> > > Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cs4vst reintroduced in tree
maybe we should close the access to all but a small number of devs and operate solely on pull requests

Victor Lazzarini

> On 15 Jun 2018, at 13:21, Michael Gogins  wrote:
>
> BTW this could happen with other developers.
>
> The reason this happened with me is that I use the csound repository
> as a submodule in the csound-extended repository. My build script does
> a pull from the csound repository. That failed with a merge conflict
> so I tried to merge preferring always the csound head. That failed
> because I also merged .gitignore.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>
>> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 8:18 AM Michael Gogins  wrote:
>>
>> I'll do that.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike

>> Michael Gogins
>> Irreducible Productions
>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>>
>>> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 8:16 AM Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>>
>>> you might need to apply git filter-branch again as described in the github doc to
>>> remove it from the branch and history
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cs4vst reintroduced in tree
I am running the filter now. Pull requests would be the most secure
option, but another is to require developers to rebase. This was my
mistake -- to merge rather than rebase.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 8:23 AM Victor Lazzarini  wrote:

> maybe we should close the access to all but a small number of devs and operate solely on pull requests
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
> > On 15 Jun 2018, at 13:21, Michael Gogins  wrote:
> >
> > BTW this could happen with other developers.
> >
> > The reason this happened with me is that I use the csound repository
> > as a submodule in the csound-extended repository. My build script does
> > a pull from the csound repository. That failed with a merge conflict
> > so I tried to merge preferring always the csound head. That failed
> > because I also merged .gitignore.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mike

> > Michael Gogins
> > Irreducible Productions
> > http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> > Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
> >
> >> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 8:18 AM Michael Gogins  wrote:
> >>
> >> I'll do that.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Mike

> >> Michael Gogins
> >> Irreducible Productions
> >> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> >> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cs4vst reintroduced in tree
This is done now. Looks OK to me, check it yourself.

Regards,