Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] Question about "e" statement and API

Date2022-03-05 17:20
FromIain Duncan
Subject[Csnd-dev] Question about "e" statement and API
hi devs, I'm not quite sure what the "right" behaviour is for my csound6~ Max object and "e" messages. At the moment, if I just tell csound to handle the e message, all stops as desired, but if one then restarts csound (with the "start" message, aka "run" in Pd), playback starts from where it left off. Is this expected or should I additionally have the score rewind to zero?

iain

Date2022-03-10 10:07
FromVictor Lazzarini
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Question about "e" statement and API
Actually, I don't know the answer, but I guess there's something not being reset with "e", so I'd say since 6.x is end-of-line that you should just leave it as is.

On 5 Mar 2022, at 17:20, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
hi devs, I'm not quite sure what the "right" behaviour is for my csound6~ Max object and "e" messages. At the moment, if I just tell csound to handle the e message, all stops as desired, but if one then restarts csound (with the "start" message, aka "run" in Pd), playback starts from where it left off. Is this expected or should I additionally have the score rewind to zero?

iain

Date2022-03-10 14:39
FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Question about "e" statement and API
Makes sense. I look forward to building csound7~!

iain

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 2:07 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Actually, I don't know the answer, but I guess there's something not being reset with "e", so I'd say since 6.x is end-of-line that you should just leave it as is.

On 5 Mar 2022, at 17:20, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

iain