[Csnd-dev] Building csound for 32bit Debian

Date2018-06-11 17:20
FromJohn
Subject[Csnd-dev] Building csound for 32bit Debian
I have a newly installed Debian on a 32bit laptop; I was hoping to get
csound on it as it used to have but I have hit a number of issues,
currently stuck on two

1:  flex has version 2.6.2 (and I build 2.6.4) which gives errors on
the lexing code due to the -Werror and mixing signed and unsigned
arithmetic.  Oddly on my 64bit Jessie Debian computer there is flex
2.5.2 and that is OK.  I can  hack the -Werror out but I would have
thought more recent flex versions would have kept this fix.

2:  After the -Werror hack it fails to build dssi4cs code as
 is missing.  I do not know how to identify the package
that includes it -- I hae tried various alsa-ish packages with o
success.  Of course on the 64bit Jesse these files are present.  On
other distros I would use rpm -qif to get the package.   Is there a
Debian equivalent?

Date2018-06-11 18:37
FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Building csound for 32bit Debian
Hi John,

You could use apt-file, like "apt-file search /usr/include/alsa/seq.h".
You might need to install it first.

The package you are missing should be libasound2-dev.

Cheers.

On 11/06/18 13:20, John wrote:
> I have a newly installed Debian on a 32bit laptop; I was hoping to get
> csound on it as it used to have but I have hit a number of issues,
> currently stuck on two
>
> 1:  flex has version 2.6.2 (and I build 2.6.4) which gives errors on
> the lexing code due to the -Werror and mixing signed and unsigned
> arithmetic.  Oddly on my 64bit Jessie Debian computer there is flex
> 2.5.2 and that is OK.  I can  hack the -Werror out but I would have
> thought more recent flex versions would have kept this fix.
>
> 2:  After the -Werror hack it fails to build dssi4cs code as
>  is missing.  I do not know how to identify the package
> that includes it -- I hae tried various alsa-ish packages with o
> success.  Of course on the 64bit Jesse these files are present.  On
> other distros I would use rpm -qif to get the package.   Is there a
> Debian equivalent?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Building csound for 32bit Debian
If you use a Release build, -Werror goes. Do you intend to use the laptop for debugging/development? Also -Wno-error would cancel it.

The package should be libasound-dev or
libasound2-dev

Victor Lazzarini

> On 11 Jun 2018, at 17:21, John  wrote:
>
> I have a newly installed Debian on a 32bit laptop; I was hoping to get
> csound on it as it used to have but I have hit a number of issues,
> currently stuck on two
>
> 1:  flex has version 2.6.2 (and I build 2.6.4) which gives errors on
> the lexing code due to the -Werror and mixing signed and unsigned
> arithmetic.  Oddly on my 64bit Jessie Debian computer there is flex
> 2.5.2 and that is OK.  I can  hack the -Werror out but I would have
> thought more recent flex versions would have kept this fix.
>
> 2:  After the -Werror hack it fails to build dssi4cs code as
>  is missing.  I do not know how to identify the package
> that includes it -- I hae tried various alsa-ish packages with o
> success.  Of course on the 64bit Jesse these files are present.  On
> other distros I would use rpm -qif to get the package.   Is there a
> Debian equivalent?

Date2018-06-13 16:59
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Building csound for 32bit Debian
Thank yopu both for your resonse.  I have it buit now.

Yes I hope to use this sometime to debbug -- it is the bedroom computer so
gets used first thing (Fitch time)