[Csnd-dev] Windows package

Subject[Csnd-dev] Windows package
I'm wondering whether the best thing would be to finish the release, update master, then take the artefacts from the CI for the Windows release from that branch. I don't think any  builds were triggered by the release branch.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Windows package
I think using CI for the release builds is a very good idea, especially if the releases are downloaded and tested on each platform. I don't think extensive tests are needed for this particular purpose.

Best,

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 5:44 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
I'm wondering whether the best thing would be to finish the release, update master, then take the artefacts from the CI for the Windows release from that branch. I don't think any  builds were triggered by the release branch.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Victor

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] Windows package
yes we have been using the CI artefacts for windows for a number of releases, from Appveyor. This will be the first time using github actions for that.

On 1 Feb 2022, at 17:48, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

I think using CI for the release builds is a very good idea, especially if the releases are downloaded and tested on each platform. I don't think extensive tests are needed for this particular purpose.

Best,

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 5:44 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
I'm wondering whether the best thing would be to finish the release, update master, then take the artefacts from the CI for the Windows release from that branch. I don't think any  builds were triggered by the release branch.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Victor

Date2022-02-02 00:03
FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] Windows package
It should be fine I think. I had an issue with the plugins built in the csound/plugins repo on Windows but the core Csound seems to work just fine.

Stephen

[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Windows package
This seems to have worked OK. I have the Windows packages produced by the commit on the master after finishing the release with git flow.
I should perhaps document this somewhere.