Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] Windows package

Date2022-02-01 16:43
FromVictor Lazzarini
Subject[Csnd-dev] Windows package
I'm wondering whether the best thing would be to finish the release, update master, then take the artefacts from the CI for the Windows release from that branch. I don't think any  builds were triggered by the release branch.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Date2022-02-01 17:46
FromMichael Gogins
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Windows package
I think using CI for the release builds is a very good idea, especially if the releases are downloaded and tested on each platform. I don't think extensive tests are needed for this particular purpose.

Best,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------
Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 5:44 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
I'm wondering whether the best thing would be to finish the release, update master, then take the artefacts from the CI for the Windows release from that branch. I don't think any  builds were triggered by the release branch.

Victor

Date2022-02-01 20:51
FromVictor Lazzarini
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] Windows package
yes we have been using the CI artefacts for windows for a number of releases, from Appveyor. This will be the first time using github actions for that.

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 1 Feb 2022, at 17:48, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

I think using CI for the release builds is a very good idea, especially if the releases are downloaded and tested on each platform. I don't think extensive tests are needed for this particular purpose.

Best,
Mike

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

I'm wondering whether the best thing would be to finish the release, update master, then take the artefacts from the CI for the Windows release from that branch. I don't think any  builds were triggered by the release branch.

Victor

Date2022-02-02 00:03
FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] Windows package
It should be fine I think. I had an issue with the plugins built in the csound/plugins repo on Windows but the core Csound seems to work just fine.

Stephen

From: Csound-developers <CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>
Sent: Tuesday 1 February 2022 20:51
To: CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE <CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject: Re: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] Windows package

yes we have been using the CI artefacts for windows for a number of releases, from Appveyor. This will be the first time using github actions for that.

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 1 Feb 2022, at 17:48, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Best,
Mike

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

Victor

Date2022-02-02 09:48
FromVictor Lazzarini
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Windows package
This seems to have worked OK. I have the Windows packages produced by the commit on the master after finishing the release with git flow.
I should perhaps document this somewhere.

> On 1 Feb 2022, at 16:43, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> 
> *Warning*
> 
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> 
> I'm wondering whether the best thing would be to finish the release, update master, then take the artefacts from the CI for the Windows release from that branch. I don't think any  builds were triggered by the release branch.
> 
> Does anyone have a suggestion?
>