[Csnd-dev] older releases

Subject[Csnd-dev] older releases
i cannot find 6.10 installers here:
http://dream.cs.bath.ac.uk/Csound-archive/OldReleases/csound6/

is it anywhere else?  i have also looked in
https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/ but can only find the
sources, not the installers.

best -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] older releases
Here?

https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/tag/6.10.0

Victor Lazzarini

On 16 May 2018, at 07:46, joachim heintz <jh@JOACHIMHEINTZ.DE> wrote:

i cannot find 6.10 installers here:
http://dream.cs.bath.ac.uk/Csound-archive/OldReleases/csound6/

is it anywhere else?  i have also looked in https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/ but can only find the sources, not the installers.

best -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] older releases
ah yes, thanks. but weren't there some bug fixes with new (6.10.1)
installers?

On 16/05/18 09:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Here?
>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/tag/6.10.0
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
> On 16 May 2018, at 07:46, joachim heintz  > wrote:
>
>> i cannot find 6.10 installers here:
>> http://dream.cs.bath.ac.uk/Csound-archive/OldReleases/csound6/
>>
>> is it anywhere else?  i have also looked in
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/ but can only find the
>> sources, not the installers.
>>
>> best -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] older releases
I think all the 6.10 correct installers are there. There was no 6.10.1 afaicr
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 16 May 2018, at 09:06, joachim heintz  wrote:
>
> ah yes, thanks. but weren't there some bug fixes with new (6.10.1) installers?
>

> On 16/05/18 09:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> Here?
>>
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/tag/6.10.0
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>> On 16 May 2018, at 07:46, joachim heintz > > wrote:
>>
>>> i cannot find 6.10 installers here:
>>> http://dream.cs.bath.ac.uk/Csound-archive/OldReleases/csound6/
>>>
>>> is it anywhere else?  i have also looked in
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/ but can only find the
>>> sources, not the installers.
>>>
>>> best -

Date2018-05-16 10:19
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] older releases
The windows installers for that release was updated a few times. But considering the Csound system itself hadn't changed, there was no need to do a new point release.

On 16 May 2018 at 09:18, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
I think all the 6.10 correct installers are there. There was no 6.10.1 afaicr
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 16 May 2018, at 09:06, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
>
> ah yes, thanks. but weren't there some bug fixes with new (6.10.1) installers?
>

> On 16/05/18 09:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> Here?
>>
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/tag/6.10.0
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>> On 16 May 2018, at 07:46, joachim heintz <jh@JOACHIMHEINTZ.DE
>> <mailto:jh@JOACHIMHEINTZ.DE>> wrote:
>>
>>> i cannot find 6.10 installers here:
>>> http://dream.cs.bath.ac.uk/Csound-archive/OldReleases/csound6/
>>>
>>> is it anywhere else?  i have also looked in
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/ but can only find the
>>> sources, not the installers.
>>>
>>> best -
>>>   joachim

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] older releases
just to explain the reason for my question: depending on the os people
use, having the latest working installer for osx and windows anywhere
available is very helpful.  i gave a workshop in december at tehran
university for 15 participants.  half of them using osx, half windows.
in particular for the windows users it was good that i had different
installers with me on a usb stick.  sometimes only 6.07 helped ...

i will try to make a small page for the "older releases" link on the
download page, with links for the 6.08 - 6.10 releases, and a link to
john's "older releases".

On 16/05/18 11:19, Rory Walsh wrote:
> The windows installers for that release was updated a few times. But
> considering the Csound system itself hadn't changed, there was no need
> to do a new point release.
>
> On 16 May 2018 at 09:18, Victor Lazzarini  > wrote:
>
>     I think all the 6.10 correct installers are there. There was no
>     6.10.1 afaicr
>     ========================
>     Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>     Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>     Maynooth University,
>     Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>     Tel: 00 353 7086936
>     Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>     > On 16 May 2018, at 09:06, joachim heintz      > wrote:
>     >
>     > ah yes, thanks. but weren't there some bug fixes with new (6.10.1)
>     installers?
>     >
>     >
>     > On 16/05/18 09:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>     >> Here?
>     >>
>     >> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/tag/6.10.0
>
>     >>
>     >> Victor Lazzarini
>     >> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>     >> Maynooth University
>     >> Ireland
>     >>
>     >> On 16 May 2018, at 07:46, joachim heintz
>     >> >> wrote:
>     >>
>     >>> i cannot find 6.10 installers here:
>     >>> http://dream.cs.bath.ac.uk/Csound-archive/OldReleases/csound6/
>
>     >>>
>     >>> is it anywhere else?  i have also looked in
>     >>> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/
>      but can only find the
>     >>> sources, not the installers.
>     >>>
>     >>> best -
>     >>>   joachim

Date2018-05-16 11:13
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] older releases
That's a good idea, especially now that the windows releases are 64bit only.

<mailto:Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie>> wrote:

    I think all the 6.10 correct installers are there. There was no
    6.10.1 afaicr
    Maynooth University,
    Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
    Tel: 00 353 7086936
    Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

    > On 16 May 2018, at 09:06, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de
    <mailto:jh@joachimheintz.de>> wrote:

    > ah yes, thanks. but weren't there some bug fixes with new (6.10.1)
    installers?

    > On 16/05/18 09:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
    >> Here?
    >>
    >> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/tag/6.10.0
    <https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/tag/6.10.0>

    >> Victor Lazzarini
    >> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
    >> Maynooth University
    >> Ireland
    >>
    >> On 16 May 2018, at 07:46, joachim heintz <jh@JOACHIMHEINTZ.DE
    <mailto:jh@JOACHIMHEINTZ.DE>
    >> <mailto:jh@JOACHIMHEINTZ.DE <mailto:jh@JOACHIMHEINTZ.DE>>> wrote:
    >>
    >>> i cannot find 6.10 installers here:
    >>> http://dream.cs.bath.ac.uk/Csound-archive/OldReleases/csound6/
    <http://dream.cs.bath.ac.uk/Csound-archive/OldReleases/csound6/>

    >>> is it anywhere else?  i have also looked in
    >>> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/
    <https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/> but can only find the
    >>> sources, not the installers.
    >>>
    >>> best -
    >>>   joachim

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] older releases
i have done this now and linked as "Older Releases" on the download page:
https://csound.com/olderversions.html

suggestions welcome, or simply change it.

i was not sure whether this should now be removed from download.yml as
it is now on the other page:

archives:
   link: http://dream.cs.bath.ac.uk/Csound-archive/OldReleases

i think so but did not dare to do it ...