[Csnd-dev] more server commands.

Subject[Csnd-dev] more server commands.
I have added and tested commands to request channel values on UDP.

:@[channel] [address] [port]

sends the value of a control channel as a string to an address/port
The msg is formatted channel::value

:%[channel] [address] [port]

same for string channels.

I have documented these in a new manual section.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936

Date2017-10-16 17:50
FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] more server commands.
It is very good to have the back-connection.
It means that client must have a UDP server listening on that port.
I will add that to my test app later and try out from my side as well.

One thing I did not test yet, how are the quotes handled, if you send for
example

$i "sound" 0 1

Have you tested it? I guess if the quote marks are escaped in the client that
sends UDP like

sendUDP("$i \"sound\" 0 1 ")

it should work?

tarmo

On Monday, October 16, 2017 7:36:24 PM EEST you wrote:
> I have added and tested commands to request channel values on UDP.
>
> :@[channel] [address] [port]
>
> sends the value of a control channel as a string to an address/port
> The msg is formatted channel::value
>
> :%[channel] [address] [port]
>
> same for string channels.
>
> I have documented these in a new manual section.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] more server commands.
yes, it wasn’t working at first, Steven found, but I fixed it. Quotes are handled as in the score.

Note that string channels do not need quotes.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952