[Csnd-dev] Opcode Plugin stopped working

Date2019-01-22 10:40
FromSebastian Schmutzhard
Subject[Csnd-dev] Opcode Plugin stopped working
Dear all,
based on csound, we are developing a hybrid physical-computational instrument,  the Half-Phsyler - https://github.com/ketchupok/half-physler. We are following the guidelines according to the "Csound Plugin Opcode Framework" by Victor Lazzarini.

I just realized that with the latest commit in the develop branch, the aperf functions are not called, so no output is produced. However the init functions are called.

Further I observed that with the version from commit 183ab693e891977cfb33f742a477d49c86300d9e - Sat Jan 5 20:16:34 2019, our plugin still worked.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.

I am not sure if this is a bug, or it comes from the restriction of number of arguments introduced recently (if I am interpreting the commit messages correctly).
Could anyone please shed some light on my confusion?
Best wishes,

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Opcode Plugin stopped working
What exactly happened? Is it still building? Or just won’t work after it’s built.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:40, Sebastian Schmutzhard  wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> based on csound, we are developing a hybrid physical-computational instrument,  the Half-Phsyler - https://github.com/ketchupok/half-physler. We are following the guidelines according to the "Csound Plugin Opcode Framework" by Victor Lazzarini.
>
> I just realized that with the latest commit in the develop branch, the aperf functions are not called, so no output is produced. However the init functions are called.
>
> Further I observed that with the version from commit 183ab693e891977cfb33f742a477d49c86300d9e - Sat Jan 5 20:16:34 2019, our plugin still worked.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.
>
> I am not sure if this is a bug, or it comes from the restriction of number of arguments introduced recently (if I am interpreting the commit messages correctly).
> Could anyone please shed some light on my confusion?
> Best wishes,
> Seb

Date2019-01-22 11:46
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Opcode Plugin stopped working
Is this the removal of thread4?

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Jan 22, 2019, 10:57, at 10:57, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>What exactly happened? Is it still building? Or just won’t work after
>it’s built.
>========================
>Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>Maynooth University,
>Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>Tel: 00 353 7086936
>Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:40, Sebastian Schmutzhard
> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>> based on csound, we are developing a hybrid physical-computational
>instrument,  the Half-Phsyler -
>https://github.com/ketchupok/half-physler. We are following the
>guidelines according to the "Csound Plugin Opcode Framework" by Victor
>Lazzarini.
>>
>> I just realized that with the latest commit in the develop branch,
>the aperf functions are not called, so no output is produced. However
>the init functions are called.
>>
>> Further I observed that with the version from commit
>183ab693e891977cfb33f742a477d49c86300d9e - Sat Jan 5 20:16:34 2019, our
>plugin still worked.
>>
>> I am using Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.
>>
>> I am not sure if this is a bug, or it comes from the restriction of
>number of arguments introduced recently (if I am interpreting the
>commit messages correctly).
>> Could anyone please shed some light on my confusion?
>> Best wishes,

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Opcode Plugin stopped working
yes, that is it.

I think some of the opcodes in our codebase that use csound->AppendOpcode() might also be broken,
unless you have changed them (I am thinking of the C++ ones that use Mike’s opcode.hpp header).