Re: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] meeting to finish up 6.17

Date2022-01-06 01:20
From"Worrall, David"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] meeting to finish up 6.17

Thanks Victor

I’ve raised the issue at https://github.com/csound/ctcsound/issues/20

Apologies for ‘noisifying’ this thread.

~drw

---

Dr David Worrall

Professor, Audio Arts and Acoustics

Columbia College Chicago

33 E. Ida B. Wells Drive Room 601A

Chicago, ILLINOIS, USA 60605

Tel: (1)312.369.8821 Fax: (1)312.369.8427

Wikipedia    Facebook    Soundcloud     Youtube

Personal research/creative practice website: avatar.com.au

Organised Sound issue (25/1): Computation in the Sonic Arts

Book: Sonification Design: From data to intelligible soundfields (Springer)

From: Csound-developers <CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>
Date: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 13:51
To: "CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject: Re: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] meeting to finish up 6.17

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Columbia College Chicago. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

As far as I can tell, ctcsound.py as released in 6.16 works on MacOS. The release date is

ls -l /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Resources/Python/Current/ctcsound.py

-rwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel  122322 23 Aug 11:20 /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Resources/Python/Current/ctcsound.py

So the Aug 10 date file you have is the latest release (6.16) (the Aug 23 package was created due to an unrelated packaging error), so it’s not old at all.

I can’t reproduce any exceptions here. If you are seeing these, then we need a ticket to deal with it, describing the issue as accurately as possible with all the software versions involved. François then can advise and we can try a solution.

On 5 Jan 2022, at 19:12, Worrall, David <dworrall@COLUM.EDU> wrote:

WARNING THIS EMAIL ORIGINATED FROM OUTSIDE OF MAYNOOTH UNIVERSITY'S MAIL SYSTEM. DO NOT REPLY, CLICK LINKS OR OPEN ATTACHMENTS UNLESS YOU RECOGNISE THE SENDER AND KNOW THE CONTENT IS SAFE.

Happy New Year to y’all.

I wanted to follow-up/update the ctcsound.py issue on the latest install which I raised a couple of months ago.

Namely:

       • >>> import ctcsound exceptions on OSX but not Windows10

       • We’ve successfully been using an older-version of ctcsound for OSX.

It has been working across a number of OS versions and HW.

I can’t see any obvious indication of what version is in the file, but my ctcsound.py file data is:

-rwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel   121745 Aug 10  2020 ctcsound.py

Hope that helps,

~drw

---

From: Csound-developers <CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>

Date: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 12:25

Subject: [Csnd-dev] meeting to finish up 6.17

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Columbia College Chicago. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi all,

As suggested by Steven, we should meet up to clear some outstanding discussion items before 6.17 is concluded. In the agenda, I have

- autogenerated headers

- roadmap towards 7, post 6.17

plus any other items that may be proposed.

We could try set a time next week that would work for both sides of the Atlantic. I am generally ok up until 4:30 Irish Time, except on Wednesday.

I can set it up on Microsloth Teams, which is what we use here, as long as it works for everyone. Or we can use Google meets if it doesn't.