[Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku

Date2019-03-26 02:14
FromPete Goodeve
Subject[Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku
AttachmentsNone

Date2019-03-26 06:49
FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku
AttachmentsNone

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku
PR is the best way, thank you very much for this, it’s greatly appreciated.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 26 Mar 2019, at 02:14, Pete Goodeve  wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've managed to complete the port of the current Csound
> to Haiku.  I'm hoping the code can be integrated into the
> master, as was done with 5.19.
>
> Aside from the added Haiku modules in InOut and H, the
> additions are minor and all protected by conditionals, so
> there should be no effect on other OSs.
>
> I've forked the Github master, and added my stuff in my
> own account, so I suppose the simplest thing is to make
> a pull request from there?
>
> It's at  https://github.com/PeteCA/csound   if you want to
> look

Date2019-03-26 21:15
FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku
AttachmentsNone

Date2019-03-31 03:07
FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku
AttachmentsNone

Date2019-04-01 12:47
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku
I wish I knew!  I was hoping that Filipe could advise.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Mar 31, 2019, 03:07, at 03:07, Pete Goodeve  wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm wondering about the status of my PR (#1123) and Felipe's
>parallel Cmake update (#1126)?  I'm not quite sure how to proceed,
>because I assume they are not quite compatible.
>
>I hoped I could just grab Felipe's patch and try to apply it on my
>version to see what needs to be adjusted, but I can't find any
>way to download the diff.  Is it possible?
>
>In any case, I've found a similar issue which should perhaps be
>fixed the same way (though it only affects me in one place right
>now).  Haiku has pthreads bundled in the root library, so it
>doesn't need libpthread. I found that the build had skipped
>the OSC lib, and when I built it I had to remove the pthread
>requirement in Cmake.
>
>Advice appreciated.

Date2019-04-02 01:15
FromFelipe Sateler
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku
Please just merge and I'll rebase my branch

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler

Date2019-04-03 21:39
FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku
AttachmentsNone

Date2019-04-03 23:28
FromFelipe Sateler
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Port of 6.13 to Haiku
Since I don't contribute very often, I prefer someone else push the green button. But AFAICT there have been no objections other than mine and those are already fixed.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 5:39 PM Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org> wrote:
Not sure what github comments are sent to whom, so I'll
report here.

I pulled Felipe's merge of my code and his (when I figured out how!)
and built it without problems in Haiku.

So -- if I understand right -- Felipe's PR can now just be merged,
and I can close mine(?)

Thanks,

        -- Pete --

--