[Csnd-dev] Weird problem

Date2017-06-19 17:35
FromFrancois PINOT
Subject[Csnd-dev] Weird problem
Hello,

I've built Csound on a new installed Ubuntu 16.04 linux, and the command csound -z returns 1571 opcodes though it should return 2183 opcodes.

I built Csound on another machine with the same configuration and it returns 2183 opcodes.

I then completely uninstalled  Csound from the first machine, and I copied the bin and lib files from the second machine to the first one. But the command csound -z still returns 1571 opcodes!

What could lead csound -z to display a wrong result?

François

Date2017-06-19 17:43
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
The question is which opcodes are missing.-z reads the internal table of
opcodes and can hardly be wrong.

A diff on the two lists should help  to isolate; I think you sent the two
outputs earlier but it was a busy weekend......

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, Francois PINOT wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've built Csound on a new installed Ubuntu 16.04 linux, and the command
> csound -z returns 1571 opcodes though it should return 2183 opcodes.
>
> I built Csound on another machine with the same configuration and it returns
> 2183 opcodes.
>
> I then completely uninstalled  Csound from the first machine, and I copied
> the bin and lib files from the second machine to the first one. But the
> command csound -z still returns 1571 opcodes!
>
> What could lead csound -z to display a wrong result?
>
> François

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
Can you check if the .sos are built? Maybe it’s a question of not loading the opcode libs?

best regards
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:43, jpff  wrote:
>
> The question is which opcodes are missing.-z reads the internal table of opcodes and can hardly be wrong.
>
> A diff on the two lists should help  to isolate; I think you sent the two outputs earlier but it was a busy weekend......
>
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, Francois PINOT wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I've built Csound on a new installed Ubuntu 16.04 linux, and the command
>> csound -z returns 1571 opcodes though it should return 2183 opcodes.
>> I built Csound on another machine with the same configuration and it returns
>> 2183 opcodes.
>> I then completely uninstalled  Csound from the first machine, and I copied
>> the bin and lib files from the second machine to the first one. But the
>> command csound -z still returns 1571 opcodes!
>> What could lead csound -z to display a wrong result?
>> Franç

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
another thing: can you copy here the output of the cmake configuration?
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:43, jpff  wrote:
>
> The question is which opcodes are missing.-z reads the internal table of opcodes and can hardly be wrong.
>
> A diff on the two lists should help  to isolate; I think you sent the two outputs earlier but it was a busy weekend......
>
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, Francois PINOT wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I've built Csound on a new installed Ubuntu 16.04 linux, and the command
>> csound -z returns 1571 opcodes though it should return 2183 opcodes.
>> I built Csound on another machine with the same configuration and it returns
>> 2183 opcodes.
>> I then completely uninstalled  Csound from the first machine, and I copied
>> the bin and lib files from the second machine to the first one. But the
>> command csound -z still returns 1571 opcodes!
>> What could lead csound -z to display a wron

Date2017-06-19 17:56
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
Among the opcodes that are missing: Fl..., Jacko..., Mixer..., OSCinit, OSCinitM, OSClisten, OSCsendA, OSCsend_lo (but OSCraw and OSCsend are there), STK..., py..., la...

If I build with the sources of the 6.09.00 release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz) I get all the opcodes. Then I uninstall everything and build from git and the opcodes are missing. If I copy the binaries and sos of the second machine, the opcodes are still missing though they were correctly displayed on the other machine...

Can you check if the .sos are built? Maybe it’s a question of not loading the opcode libs?

best regards
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:43, jpff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
>
> The question is which opcodes are missing.-z reads the internal table of opcodes and can hardly be wrong.
>
> A diff on the two lists should help  to isolate; I think you sent the two outputs earlier but it was a busy weekend......
>
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, Francois PINOT wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I've built Csound on a new installed Ubuntu 16.04 linux, and the command
>> csound -z returns 1571 opcodes though it should return 2183 opcodes.
>> I built Csound on another machine with the same configuration and it returns
>> 2183 opcodes.
>> I then completely uninstalled  Csound from the first machine, and I copied
>> the bin and lib files from the second machine to the first one. But the
>> command csound -z still returns 1571 opcodes!
>> What could lead csound -z to display a wrong result?
>> François

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
Are the libXXX.so files anywhere in the machine? Or they have not been built at all?
It could be an OPCODE6DIR64 issue. The opcode directory is not set; if you make install
then the libs should go to the correct places. Did you do that?

Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:56, Francois PINOT  wrote:
>
> Among the opcodes that are missing: Fl..., Jacko..., Mixer..., OSCinit, OSCinitM, OSClisten, OSCsendA, OSCsend_lo (but OSCraw and OSCsend are there), STK..., py..., la...
>
> If I build with the sources of the 6.09.00 release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz) I get all the opcodes. Then I uninstall everything and build from git and the opcodes are missing. If I copy the binaries and sos of the second machine, the opcodes are still missing though they were correctly displayed on the other machine...

> Can you check if the .sos are built? Maybe it’s a question of not loading the opcode libs?
>
> best regards
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:43, jpff  wrote:
> >
> > The question is which opcodes are missing.-z reads the internal table of opcodes and can hardly be wrong.
> >
> > A diff on the two lists should help  to isolate; I think you sent the two outputs earlier but it was a busy weekend......
> >
> > On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, Francois PINOT wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> I've built Csound on a new installed Ubuntu 16.04 linux, and the command
> >> csound -z returns 1571 opcodes though it should return 2183 opcodes.
> >> I built Csound on another machine with the same configuration and it returns
> >> 2183 opcodes.
> >> I then completely uninstalled  Csound from the first machine, and I copied
> >> the bin and lib files from the second machine to the first one. But the
> >> command csound -z still returns 1571 opcodes!
> >> What could lead csound -z to display a wrong result?
> >> François

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
Again, the cmake messages will tell you if the opcodes are going to be built or not.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:56, Francois PINOT  wrote:
>
> Among the opcodes that are missing: Fl..., Jacko..., Mixer..., OSCinit, OSCinitM, OSClisten, OSCsendA, OSCsend_lo (but OSCraw and OSCsend are there), STK..., py..., la...
>
> If I build with the sources of the 6.09.00 release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz) I get all the opcodes. Then I uninstall everything and build from git and the opcodes are missing. If I copy the binaries and sos of the second machine, the opcodes are still missing though they were correctly displayed on the other machine...

> Can you check if the .sos are built? Maybe it’s a question of not loading the opcode libs?
>
> best regards
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:43, jpff  wrote:
> >
> > The question is which opcodes are missing.-z reads the internal table of opcodes and can hardly be wrong.
> >
> > A diff on the two lists should help  to isolate; I think you sent the two outputs earlier but it was a busy weekend......
> >
> > On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, Francois PINOT wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> I've built Csound on a new installed Ubuntu 16.04 linux, and the command
> >> csound -z returns 1571 opcodes though it should return 2183 opcodes.
> >> I built Csound on another machine with the same configuration and it returns
> >> 2183 opcodes.
> >> I then completely uninstalled  Csound from the first machine, and I copied
> >> the bin and lib files from the second machine to the first one. But the
> >> command csound -z still returns 1571 opcodes!
> >> What could lead csound -z to display a wrong result?
> >> Fra

Date2017-06-19 18:05
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
The cmake output tells me that the python opcodes will be built and I don't see them...

Again, the cmake messages will tell you if the opcodes are going to be built or not.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:56, Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Among the opcodes that are missing: Fl..., Jacko..., Mixer..., OSCinit, OSCinitM, OSClisten, OSCsendA, OSCsend_lo (but OSCraw and OSCsend are there), STK..., py..., la...
>
> If I build with the sources of the 6.09.00 release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz) I get all the opcodes. Then I uninstall everything and build from git and the opcodes are missing. If I copy the binaries and sos of the second machine, the opcodes are still missing though they were correctly displayed on the other machine...

> Can you check if the .sos are built? Maybe it’s a question of not loading the opcode libs?
>
> best regards
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:43, jpff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > The question is which opcodes are missing.-z reads the internal table of opcodes and can hardly be wrong.
> >
> > A diff on the two lists should help  to isolate; I think you sent the two outputs earlier but it was a busy weekend......
> >
> > On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, Francois PINOT wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> I've built Csound on a new installed Ubuntu 16.04 linux, and the command
> >> csound -z returns 1571 opcodes though it should return 2183 opcodes.
> >> I built Csound on another machine with the same configuration and it returns
> >> 2183 opcodes.
> >> I then completely uninstalled  Csound from the first machine, and I copied
> >> the bin and lib files from the second machine to the first one. But the
> >> command csound -z still returns 1571 opcodes!
> >> What could lead csound -z to display a wrong result?
> >> François

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
do you have libpy.so in your build directory after a build?
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:05, Francois PINOT  wrote:
>
> The cmake output tells me that the python opcodes will be built and I don't see them...

> Again, the cmake messages will tell you if the opcodes are going to be built or not.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:56, Francois PINOT  wrote:
> >
> > Among the opcodes that are missing: Fl..., Jacko..., Mixer..., OSCinit, OSCinitM, OSClisten, OSCsendA, OSCsend_lo (but OSCraw and OSCsend are there), STK..., py..., la...
> >
> > If I build with the sources of the 6.09.00 release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz) I get all the opcodes. Then I uninstall everything and build from git and the opcodes are missing. If I copy the binaries and sos of the second machine, the opcodes are still missing though they were correctly displayed on the other machine...

> > Can you check if the .sos are built? Maybe it’s a question of not loading the opcode libs?
> >
> > best regards
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> > > On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:43, jpff  wrote:
> > >
> > > The question is which opcodes are missing.-z reads the internal table of opcodes and can hardly be wrong.
> > >
> > > A diff on the two lists should help  to isolate; I think you sent the two outputs earlier but it was a busy weekend......

Date2017-06-19 18:48
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
Yes and libstkops.so and libmixer.so, all opcodes I don't see. These sos are copied by the install script into /usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0

do you have libpy.so in your build directory after a build?
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:05, Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The cmake output tells me that the python opcodes will be built and I don't see them...

> Again, the cmake messages will tell you if the opcodes are going to be built or not.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:56, Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Among the opcodes that are missing: Fl..., Jacko..., Mixer..., OSCinit, OSCinitM, OSClisten, OSCsendA, OSCsend_lo (but OSCraw and OSCsend are there), STK..., py..., la...
> >
> > If I build with the sources of the 6.09.00 release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz) I get all the opcodes. Then I uninstall everything and build from git and the opcodes are missing. If I copy the binaries and sos of the second machine, the opcodes are still missing though they were correctly displayed on the other machine...

> > Can you check if the .sos are built? Maybe it’s a question of not loading the opcode libs?
> >
> > best regards
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> > > On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:43, jpff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > The question is which opcodes are missing.-z reads the internal table of opcodes and can hardly be wrong.
> > >
> > > A diff on the two lists should help  to isolate; I think you sent the two outputs earlier but it was a busy weekend......

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
so the problem seems to be that OPCODE6DIR64 (assuming a doubles build) needs to be set. Try

export OPCODE6DIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0

and then run Csound
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:48, Francois PINOT  wrote:
>
> Yes and libstkops.so and libmixer.so, all opcodes I don't see. These sos are copied by the install script into /usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0

> do you have libpy.so in your build directory after a build?
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:05, Francois PINOT  wrote:
> >
> > The cmake output tells me that the python opcodes will be built and I don't see them...

> > Again, the cmake messages will tell you if the opcodes are going to be built or not.
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> > > On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:56, Francois PINOT  wrote:
> > >
> > > Among the opcodes that are missing: Fl..., Jacko..., Mixer..., OSCinit, OSCinitM, OSClisten, OSCsendA, OSCsend_lo (but OSCraw and OSCsend are there), STK..., py..., la...
> > >
> > > If I build with the sources of the 6.09.00 release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz) I get all the opcodes. Then I uninstall everything and build from git and the opcodes are missing. If I copy the binaries and sos of the second machine, the opcodes are still missing though they were correctly displayed on the other machine...

> > > Can you check if the .sos are built? Maybe it’s a question of not loading the opcode libs?
> > >
> > > best regards
> > > ========================
> > > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > > Maynooth University,
> > > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Date2017-06-19 19:02
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
Congratulations! You got it Victor: 2183 opcodes.

Many thanks

François

so the problem seems to be that OPCODE6DIR64 (assuming a doubles build) needs to be set. Try

export OPCODE6DIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0

and then run Csound
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:48, Francois PINOT <fggpinot@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> Yes and libstkops.so and libmixer.so, all opcodes I don't see. These sos are copied by the install script into /usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0

> do you have libpy.so in your build directory after a build?
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:05, Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The cmake output tells me that the python opcodes will be built and I don't see them...

> > Again, the cmake messages will tell you if the opcodes are going to be built or not.
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> > > On 19 Jun 2017, at 17:56, Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Among the opcodes that are missing: Fl..., Jacko..., Mixer..., OSCinit, OSCinitM, OSClisten, OSCsendA, OSCsend_lo (but OSCraw and OSCsend are there), STK..., py..., la...
> > >
> > > If I build with the sources of the 6.09.00 release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz) I get all the opcodes. Then I uninstall everything and build from git and the opcodes are missing. If I copy the binaries and sos of the second machine, the opcodes are still missing though they were correctly displayed on the other machine...

> > > Can you check if the .sos are built? Maybe it’s a question of not loading the opcode libs?
> > >
> > > best regards
> > > ========================
> > > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > > Maynooth University,
> > > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
I am puzzled because an installed Csound should find the opcode dir automatically in linux.
But maybe it doesn’t.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 19:02, Francois PINOT  wrote:
>
> Congratulations! You got it Victor: 2183 opcodes.
>
> Many thanks
>
> François

> so the problem seems to be that OPCODE6DIR64 (assuming a doubles build) needs to be set. Try
>
> export OPCODE6DIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0
>
> and then run Csound
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:48, Francois PINOT  wrote:
> >
> > Yes and libstkops.so and libmixer.so, all opcodes I don't see. These sos are copied by the install script into /usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0

> > do you have libpy.so in your build directory after a build?
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> > > On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:05, Francois PINOT  wrote:
> > >
> > > The cmake output tells me that the python opcodes will be built and I don't see them...

> > > Again, the cmake messages will tell you if the opcodes are going to be built or not.
> > > ========================
> > > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > > Maynooth University,
> > > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Date2017-06-20 07:05
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
That was the case with the sources distributed in the last release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz).  So something has changed since then.

I am puzzled because an installed Csound should find the opcode dir automatically in linux.
But maybe it doesn’t.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 19:02, Francois PINOT <fggpinot@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> Congratulations! You got it Victor: 2183 opcodes.
>
> Many thanks
>
> François

> so the problem seems to be that OPCODE6DIR64 (assuming a doubles build) needs to be set. Try
>
> export OPCODE6DIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0
>
> and then run Csound
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:48, Francois PINOT <fggpinot@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
> >
> > Yes and libstkops.so and libmixer.so, all opcodes I don't see. These sos are copied by the install script into /usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0

> > do you have libpy.so in your build directory after a build?
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> > > On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:05, Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The cmake output tells me that the python opcodes will be built and I don't see them...

> > > Again, the cmake messages will tell you if the opcodes are going to be built or not.
> > > ========================
> > > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > > Maynooth University,
> > > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
Ok, it could have been a change in CMakeLists.txt (I think this is set by a token). Could a Linux
person check this? Unfortunately I can’t do it right now.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 20 Jun 2017, at 07:05, Francois PINOT  wrote:
>
> That was the case with the sources distributed in the last release (https://github.com/csound/csound/archive/6.09.0.tar.gz).  So something has changed since then.

> I am puzzled because an installed Csound should find the opcode dir automatically in linux.
> But maybe it doesn’t.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 19:02, Francois PINOT  wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations! You got it Victor: 2183 opcodes.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > François

> > so the problem seems to be that OPCODE6DIR64 (assuming a doubles build) needs to be set. Try
> >
> > export OPCODE6DIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0
> >
> > and then run Csound
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> > > On 19 Jun 2017, at 18:48, Francois PINOT  wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes and libstkops.so and libmixer.so, all opcodes I don't see. These sos are copied by the install script into /usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0

> > > do you have libpy.so in your build directory after a build?
> > > ========================
> > > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > > Maynooth University,
> > > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Weird problem
We had a look and _CSOUND_RELEASE_ needs to be defined for the default Csound opcodedir to be
set. Maybe that is difference between builds? The 6.09 was building for release and the one from git develop for debug,
maybe?

This is all set in top/csmodule.c if you want to take a look.