[Csnd-dev] midi 2.0

Subject[Csnd-dev] midi 2.0
I wonder if we should consider adding midi 2.0 support for 7.0. Looks like it's in CoreMIDI already.

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] midi 2.0
absolutely.

and the drunk and perlin opcodes too
is the brownian noise in fractal compatible with the drunk external in max and pd?
- students are always trying to 'clone' their patches and generative algorithms - and I would love them to just find a compatible set of opcodes (in Csound)

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 5:16 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
I wonder if we should consider adding midi 2.0 support for 7.0. Looks like it's in CoreMIDI already.

FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] midi 2.0
What would that look like in terms of implementation?

https://github.com/PortMidi/portmidi/issues/59 I see that portmidi has no plans to implement it.

It seems Windows support is still in preview stages: https://github.com/microsoft/MIDI

Stephen