[Csnd-dev] Plugins for cs7

Date2023-12-30 17:51
FromJohn ff
Subject[Csnd-dev] Plugins for cs7
I would really like it to be possible to build the plugin opcodes for
cs7.     have been looking at the CMakeLists.txt file in the plugin
directory but it is so different from previous CMake files that I
cannot see where it does anything.  I just get complaints that csdl.h
cannot be found but it is where it always has been in the csoundX
tree.
Until I can overcome this hurdle I cannot contribute to the development
operation.

So what with 2FA and inability to build enough of cs7 I am just wasting
time.

==John ffitch

Date2023-12-30 18:08
FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Plugins for cs7
There is a FindCSOUND.cmake file that is trying to find the installed Csound version. It looks for "csound.h" and then uses that directory for csound includes i.e. csdl.h. If this module can't find Csound, you'll have problems building the rest. You can add a hint manually in this file to a location of where your csound version is.

find_path(CSOUND_INCLUDE_DIR csound.h
        PATH_SUFFIXES csound
        HINTS ${CSOUND_INCLUDE_DIR_HINT}
 )

It's probably easier to have a version of Csound installed and on the path so it does all this automatically.

Stephen

I would really like it to be possible to build the plugin opcodes for
cs7.     have been looking at the CMakeLists.txt file in the plugin
directory but it is so different from previous CMake files that I
cannot see where it does anything.  I just get complaints that csdl.h
cannot be found but it is where it always has been in the csoundX
tree.
Until I can overcome this hurdle I cannot contribute to the development
operation.

So what with 2FA and inability to build enough of cs7 I am just wasting
time.

==John ffitch

Date2023-12-30 19:46
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Plugins for cs7
Install 6 or 7?

I need both

________________________________
I would really like it to be possible to build the plugin opcodes for
cs7.     have been looking at the CMakeLists.txt file in the plugin
directory but it is so different from previous CMake files that I
cannot see where it does anything.  I just get complaints that csdl.h
cannot be found but it is where it always has been in the csoundX
tree.
Until I can overcome this hurdle I cannot contribute to the development
operation.

So what with 2FA and inability to build enough of cs7 I am just wasting
time.

==John ffitch

Date2023-12-31 01:12
FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Plugins for cs7
Well I imagine all the opcodes are built for 6? Is there a difference between the API for 6 and 7?

If not then there is probably no difference as long as it finds one.

Stephen

I would really like it to be possible to build the plugin opcodes for
cs7.     have been looking at the CMakeLists.txt file in the plugin
directory but it is so different from previous CMake files that I
cannot see where it does anything.  I just get complaints that csdl.h
cannot be found but it is where it always has been in the csoundX
tree.
Until I can overcome this hurdle I cannot contribute to the development
operation.

So what with 2FA and inability to build enough of cs7 I am just wasting
time.

==John ffitch

Date2023-12-31 11:42
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Plugins for cs7
I understand that the API is open for revision in cs7
I would like to revise the csound structure
⁣​to remove elements of the old parser.

Not everyone can install csound.

Still cannot build the plugins