Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] CS7 script for testing

Date2023-11-12 19:13
FromSteven Yi
Subject[Csnd-dev] CS7 script for testing
Hi All,

Perhaps a bit simple, but I've got Csound 6 as my main csound on my system but want to have easy access to CS7 for testing and experimenting. I wrote a small script for this:

#!/bin/sh

export CS7DIR=~/work/csound/cs7/build/

export OPCODE7DIR64=$CS7DIR

$CS7DIR/csound $@ 

I saved this as "cs7" in a folder on my path (e.g., could put it in /usr/local/bin; I have it in ~/bin which is on my PATH). If you use this you'll have to edit the CS7DIR variable and also make sure the file is executable (i.e., 'chmod +x ./cs7'). 

Cheers!

Steven 

Date2023-11-12 19:22
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] CS7 script for testing
Nice :) 

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 at 19:14, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Perhaps a bit simple, but I've got Csound 6 as my main csound on my system but want to have easy access to CS7 for testing and experimenting. I wrote a small script for this:

#!/bin/sh

$CS7DIR/csound $@ 

I saved this as "cs7" in a folder on my path (e.g., could put it in /usr/local/bin; I have it in ~/bin which is on my PATH). If you use this you'll have to edit the CS7DIR variable and also make sure the file is executable (i.e., 'chmod +x ./cs7'). 

Cheers!

Steven 

Date2023-11-12 21:30
FromVictor Lazzarini
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] CS7 script for testing
On my MacOS, I have csound6 installed in /usr/local/bin and Csound 7 builds going into
$HOME/bin. That seems to keep things well separated (I also have had to set the rpath for the 7 build).

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 12 Nov 2023, at 19:14, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi All,

#!/bin/sh

$CS7DIR/csound $@ 

Cheers!

Steven