[Csnd-dev] Github Issues and Milestones

Subject[Csnd-dev] Github Issues and Milestones
Hi All,

FYI I am going through the github issues and doing some organization. I am closing stale issues that look like they did not end up moving forward; if you're on one of those tickets and feel the ticket still needs to be addressed, feel free to reopen or file an updated ticket.

For other tickets, I am sorting them into the following milestones:

6.x - issues that should target the csound6 branch. These really should only be bugfixes at this point.

7.0.0 - Issues that should be in the initial CS7 release.

7.x - Issues that should be done in the CS7 release train but are not necessary for the initial 7.0.0 release. We can discuss regularly to see if there are stories to move between 7.0.0 and 7.x.

Issues that are not in a milestone require further vetting and scheduling.

Finally, there was an interesting story that captured notes from ICSC 2015:

I will be closing it out to tidy up the issue tracker, but I'd request people here to go through and see if there's anything there that could be made into separate issue tickets and to file them.

Thanks!
Steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Github Issues and Milestones
Excellent, thanks

On 4 Nov 2023, at 21:49, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Github Issues and Milestones
thanks steven!

may i suggest to put this issue in the 7.0.0 milestone?
https://github.com/csound/csound/issues/1697

i just wanted to check whether it has been fixed already, but i cannot
build cs7 develop currently.

cheers -
	joachim

On 04/11/2023 22:49, Steven Yi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> FYI I am going through the github issues and doing some organization. I
> am closing stale issues that look like they did not end up moving
> forward; if you're on one of those tickets and feel the ticket still
> needs to be addressed, feel free to reopen or file an updated ticket.
>
> For other tickets, I am sorting them into the following milestones:
>
> 6.x - issues that should target the csound6 branch. These really should
> only be bugfixes at this point.
>
> 7.0.0 - Issues that should be in the initial CS7 release.
>
> 7.x - Issues that should be done in the CS7 release train but are not
> necessary for the initial 7.0.0 release. We can discuss regularly to see
> if there are stories to move between 7.0.0 and 7.x.
>
> Issues that are not in a milestone require further vetting and scheduling.
>
> Finally, there was an interesting story that captured notes from ICSC 2015:
>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues/533
>

> I will be closing it out to tidy up the issue tracker, but I'd request
> people here to go through and see if there's anything there that could
> be made into separate issue tickets and to file them.
>
> Thanks!
> Steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Github Issues and Milestones
I moved to 7.0.0. FYI: I'm maybe 1/4 of the way through looking through the tickets and am going from oldest to newest (it's slow and not exactly the most enjoyable work ;) ).