[Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?

Date2023-10-24 16:30
FromIain Duncan
Subject[Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
Hi devs, is there a page anywhere where one can read about the planned and existing csound7 features? The only thing I have found so far is Steven's PhD dissertation, but as that is from 2016, presumably things have changed!

thanks
iain

Date2023-10-24 16:37
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
Hey.... We all would like a copy of Steven's PhD Dissertation.  Is there a link you can share!

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 11:30 AM Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi devs, is there a page anywhere where one can read about the planned and existing csound7 features? The only thing I have found so far is Steven's PhD dissertation, but as that is from 2016, presumably things have changed!

thanks
iain

Date2023-10-24 16:58
FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
This is where I found it, googling for Csound7. Hopefully it's *supposed* to be a publicly accessible file!

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 8:38 AM Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:
Hey.... We all would like a copy of Steven's PhD Dissertation.  Is there a link you can share!

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 11:30 AM Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi devs, is there a page anywhere where one can read about the planned and existing csound7 features? The only thing I have found so far is Steven's PhD dissertation, but as that is from 2016, presumably things have changed!

thanks
iain

Date2023-10-24 17:12
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
Thanks!  This is going to be a great read.

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 11:58 AM Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
Hi Iain,

we’re hoping to have a meeting on Wed 1/11 at 3pm GMT. If you’d like to join to get an idea of what
direction we’re going you’re welcome.

The API will change, so that will have an effect on your work with Csound~. However we want to keep everyone
informed so these changes can be made easily by frontend developers.

best

> On 24 Oct 2023, at 16:30, Iain Duncan  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi devs, is there a page anywhere where one can read about the planned and existing csound7 features? The only thing I have found so far is Steven's PhD dissertation, but as that is from 2016, presumably things have changed!
>
> thanks
> iain

Date2023-10-25 13:30
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
Hi Victor,

I'd like to attend that meeting too, if I may. Zoom, I presume?

- Dave

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 6:59 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Iain,

we’re hoping to have a meeting on Wed 1/11 at 3pm GMT. If you’d like to join to get an idea of what
direction we’re going you’re welcome.

The API will change, so that will have an effect on your work with Csound~. However we want to keep everyone
informed so these changes can be made easily by frontend developers.

best

> On 24 Oct 2023, at 16:30, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi devs, is there a page anywhere where one can read about the planned and existing csound7 features? The only thing I have found so far is Steven's PhD dissertation, but as that is from 2016, presumably things have changed!
>
> thanks
> iain

Date2023-10-25 13:43
FromGiovanni Bedetti
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
Hi all,
I cannot attend but I'm interested, can the meeting be recorded and shared somewhere maybe?

Il giorno mer 25 ott 2023 alle ore 13:32 Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Hi Victor,

I'd like to attend that meeting too, if I may. Zoom, I presume?

- Dave

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 6:59 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Iain,

we’re hoping to have a meeting on Wed 1/11 at 3pm GMT. If you’d like to join to get an idea of what
direction we’re going you’re welcome.

The API will change, so that will have an effect on your work with Csound~. However we want to keep everyone
informed so these changes can be made easily by frontend developers.

best

> On 24 Oct 2023, at 16:30, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi devs, is there a page anywhere where one can read about the planned and existing csound7 features? The only thing I have found so far is Steven's PhD dissertation, but as that is from 2016, presumably things have changed!
>
> thanks
> iain

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
Excellent. I'll confirm the time/date. Zoom, yes.

On 25 Oct 2023, at 13:32, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Victor,

I'd like to attend that meeting too, if I may. Zoom, I presume?

- Dave

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 6:59 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Iain,

we’re hoping to have a meeting on Wed 1/11 at 3pm GMT. If you’d like to join to get an idea of what
direction we’re going you’re welcome.

The API will change, so that will have an effect on your work with Csound~. However we want to keep everyone
informed so these changes can be made easily by frontend developers.

best

> On 24 Oct 2023, at 16:30, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi devs, is there a page anywhere where one can read about the planned and existing csound7 features? The only thing I have found so far is Steven's PhD dissertation, but as that is from 2016, presumably things have changed!
>
> thanks
> iain

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
yes, I'll try to record. I'll confirm the time later anyway.

On 25 Oct 2023, at 13:43, Giovanni Bedetti <giovanni.bedetti@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I cannot attend but I'm interested, can the meeting be recorded and shared somewhere maybe?

Il giorno mer 25 ott 2023 alle ore 13:32 Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Hi Victor,

I'd like to attend that meeting too, if I may. Zoom, I presume?

- Dave

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 6:59 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Iain,

we’re hoping to have a meeting on Wed 1/11 at 3pm GMT. If you’d like to join to get an idea of what
direction we’re going you’re welcome.

The API will change, so that will have an effect on your work with Csound~. However we want to keep everyone
informed so these changes can be made easily by frontend developers.

best

> On 24 Oct 2023, at 16:30, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi devs, is there a page anywhere where one can read about the planned and existing csound7 features? The only thing I have found so far is Steven's PhD dissertation, but as that is from 2016, presumably things have changed!
>
> thanks
> iain

Date2023-10-25 16:33
FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
Thanks Victor. I'm in pacific time, so I would like to second the request to record it if possible!

iain

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 5:49 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
yes, I'll try to record. I'll confirm the time later anyway.

On 25 Oct 2023, at 13:43, Giovanni Bedetti <giovanni.bedetti@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I cannot attend but I'm interested, can the meeting be recorded and shared somewhere maybe?

Il giorno mer 25 ott 2023 alle ore 13:32 Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Hi Victor,

I'd like to attend that meeting too, if I may. Zoom, I presume?

- Dave

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 6:59 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Iain,

we’re hoping to have a meeting on Wed 1/11 at 3pm GMT. If you’d like to join to get an idea of what
direction we’re going you’re welcome.

The API will change, so that will have an effect on your work with Csound~. However we want to keep everyone
informed so these changes can be made easily by frontend developers.

best

> On 24 Oct 2023, at 16:30, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi devs, is there a page anywhere where one can read about the planned and existing csound7 features? The only thing I have found so far is Steven's PhD dissertation, but as that is from 2016, presumably things have changed!
>
> thanks
> iain

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Learning about Csound 7?
Pacific time, eh? Lucky you ;)

I think recording will be ok.