[Csnd-dev] Good news

Subject[Csnd-dev] Good news
Hello everyone,

I have some good news. I was able to enlist a new developer to join the team and help with the effort to get 7.0
completed. Aman Jagwani is getting onboard.

He is a skilled Csound user from Rick’s Berkeley programme and also has C and C++ programming chops as he just completed our MSc with a thesis on FPGAs. He was awarded a scholarship to do a PhD here and so we will be working closely.

At some point maybe we need to organise a developer meeting between everyone who can help with the 7.0 tickets in github to see if we can have a plan towards a release. We may need to go through these issues and see what needs to be done now and what can be pushed to a subsequent iteration.

At this point, it would also be good to see if we can enlist more help, and basically determine who is onboard to contribute writing the code. We  may also need to decide whether we need someone to take up a project management role.

We can use this list as the standard means of communicating decisions and reporting if everyone is happy with it.

best regards

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Good news
Great news!

On Sat, Oct 14, 2023, 06:43 Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
[...]

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Good news
This is Wonderful news.

Even before the developer meeting, if there is any chance that you (or he) could compile/release a version of the currently released Davis Pyon-Matt Ingalls csound~ 1.1.3 for the M1 that would be huge.

- it still runs (all the Csound for Live Collection) with MaxMSP in Rosetta, but I fear that this will no longer be supported at some point and when students try it out
(and their updated and latest version of MaxMSP is installed it does not run at all, until they know to Get Info and check the Run in Rosetta box.

Thanks for everything.

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Sat, Oct 14, 2023 at 6:43 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
[...]

Fantastic news, welcome Aman!

Happy to do a meetup online to do an assessment of tickets and planning. I could probably help out on project management and start ramping up coding soon.

[...]

really glad to hear this!
and happy to test if you could look into the issues.
(for now, i went back to cs6 on my compter because of
https://github.com/csound/csound/issues/1697)

	joachim