[Csnd-dev] New beta release of the Csound for Android app

Subject[Csnd-dev] New beta release of the Csound for Android app
  1. Implements new permissions required to function on Android 11 and higher.
  2. Ups the number of buttons and sliders to 12 each.
  3. Updates Csound to version 6.18.1.
  4. Updates the User Guide with help for running the app on desktops by using an Android emulator.

I am trying to get this on the Google Play store, but they have made this harder. Csound has a lot of requirements for reading and writing files that Google is trying to corral.

As always, please enter bugs, issues, and suggestions at https://github.com/gogins/csound-android/issues.

Regards,

FromArthur Hunkins <000001e1d761dea2-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] New beta release of the Csound for Android app
Michael -

Thanks very much for this new release. I especially value the 12 sliders and buttons. (As a matter of fact, I'm in the middle of writing a piece with Android version for precisely 12 sliders!)

I'm assuming that: 1) all previous Csound for Android live performance pieces will play on the new version; and 2) that the new version should still install on Android 5.1+. Right?

Art H.

abhunkin@uncg.edu
http://www.arthunkins.com

  1. Implements new permissions required to function on Android 11 and higher.
  2. Ups the number of buttons and sliders to 12 each.
  3. Updates Csound to version 6.18.1.
  4. Updates the User Guide with help for running the app on desktops by using an Android emulator.

I am trying to get this on the Google Play store, but they have made this harder. Csound has a lot of requirements for reading and writing files that Google is trying to corral.

As always, please enter bugs, issues, and suggestions at https://github.com/gogins/csound-android/issues.

Regards,

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] New beta release of the Csound for Android app
Should, yes. Will, we'll find out.

Best,
Mike

On Sun, Aug 27, 2023, 19:27 Arthur Hunkins <000001e1d761dea2-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:
[...]

FromST Music
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New beta release of the Csound for Android app
Nice, seems to be working great so far. A seemless transition, all previous settings were still intact. A very much appreciated update, thx again.

Best,
Scott