[Csnd-dev] Build failure for develop

Date2023-07-29 16:23
FromJohn ff
Subject[Csnd-dev] Build failure for develop
Just did a pull and make and it failed as portmidi.h is not  defined.  It
worked not long ago (this week i seem to remember).  I tried
installing portmidi packages but hey do not define libportmidi.a and
the version I had on disk is 32bit  think.

What changed?
More importantly how do I get a running system?

=John ffitch

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Build failure for develop
You might try deleting your CMakeCache.txt and regenerating that with cmake. Also you could turn off using portmidi with -DUSE_PORTMIDI=0.

That said, I just pulled, deleted CmakeCache.txt, and got an error on macOS, where it seems to be trying to build ALSA:

[ 73%] Building C object InOut/CMakeFiles/rtalsa.dir/rtalsa.c.o

/Users/stevenyi/work/csound/cs7/InOut/rtalsa.c:51:10: fatal error: 'alsa/asoundlib.h' file not found

#include <alsa/asoundlib.h>

         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think Stephen Kyne merged some work related to CI builds and vcpkg and I'm guessing some things have gone off there. I had to use -DUSE_ALSA=0 to get around it here.

On Sat, Jul 29, 2023 at 11:23 AM John ff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
Just did a pull and make and it failed as portmidi.h is not  defined.  It
worked not long ago (this week i seem to remember).  I tried
installing portmidi packages but hey do not define libportmidi.a and
the version I had on disk is 32bit  think.

What changed?
More importantly how do I get a running system?

=John ffitch

Date2023-07-29 22:10
FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Build failure for develop
Ok let me take a look again. It should be having the same unless you add the USE_VCPKG flag.

I'll check now.

Stephen

[...]

Date2023-07-30 23:31
FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Build failure for develop
I've pushed some changes to develop. All the CI is passing and finding the necessary dependencies.

Can you guys pull develop and see if it works? Should be working fine. I didn't really change the non-vcpkg build.

Stephen

[...]

Date2023-07-31 07:54
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Build failure for develop
I did what Steven Yi suggested and deleted the cache, and it built.  Strange but I seem to be OK now

==John ff

On 30 Jul 2023, 23:32, at 23:32, Stephen Kyne  wrote:
>I've pushed some changes to develop. All the CI is passing and finding
>the necessary dependencies.
>
>Can you guys pull develop and see if it works? Should be working fine.
>I didn't really change the non-vcpkg build.
>
>Stephen

Pulled and did a fresh build on macOS and no issues with ALSA now. Thanks!