[Csnd-dev] a little better

Date2023-06-03 22:08
FromJohn ffitch
Subject[Csnd-dev] a little better
error:  error: boolean expression '&&' with arg types cB not found, line 266

 from file tt.csd (1)
error:  Unable to verify arg types for boolean expression '=='
Line 266

 from file tt.csd (1)
Parsing failed due to syntax errors
Stopping on parser failure
cannot compile orchestra
end of score.              overall amps:      0.0
           overall samples out of range:        0
1 errors in performance

lines near 266 are

if gksstate[ki]=1 && gkstate[ki] = 2 then
event "i", 31+ki, 0, -1, 48+ki
gksstate[ki] = 2
endif

Used to work last week

==John ffitch

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] a little better
I don't think the develop branch has changed much recently beyond the liblo fixes from today

> On 3 Jun 2023, at 22:09, John ffitch  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> error:  error: boolean expression '&&' with arg types cB not found, line 266
>
> from file tt.csd (1)
> error:  Unable to verify arg types for boolean expression '=='
> Line 266
>
> from file tt.csd (1)
> Parsing failed due to syntax errors
> Stopping on parser failure
> cannot compile orchestra
> end of score.              overall amps:      0.0
>           overall samples out of range:        0
> 1 errors in performance
>
> lines near 266 are
>
> if gksstate[ki]=1 && gkstate[ki] = 2 then
> event "i", 31+ki, 0, -1, 48+ki
> gksstate[ki] = 2
> endif
>
> Used to work last week
>
> ==John ffitch

Date2023-06-04 20:50
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] a little better
It seems clear that the Cs7 parser is seriously broken wrt
Boolean expressions.  The code runs correctly in  cs6.19
⁣? ==John ff

On 3 Jun 2023, 22:44, at 22:44, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>I don't think the develop branch has changed much recently beyond the
>liblo fixes from today
>
>Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>Maynooth University
>Ireland
>
>> On 3 Jun 2023, at 22:09, John ffitch  wrote:
>>
>> *Warning*
>>
>> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail
>System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you
>recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>>
>> error:  error: boolean expression '&&' with arg types cB not found,
>line 266
>>
>> from file tt.csd (1)
>> error:  Unable to verify arg types for boolean expression '=='
>> Line 266
>>
>> from file tt.csd (1)
>> Parsing failed due to syntax errors
>> Stopping on parser failure
>> cannot compile orchestra
>> end of score.              overall amps:      0.0
>>           overall samples out of range:        0
>> 1 errors in performance
>>
>> lines near 266 are
>>
>> if gksstate[ki]=1 && gkstate[ki] = 2 then
>> event "i", 31+ki, 0, -1, 48+ki
>> gksstate[ki] = 2
>> endif
>>
>> Used to work last week
>>
>> ==John ffitch

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] a little better
That's a possibility. We should check the tests, see if they are passing. I know that when I set up csound 7 in the develop branch, they were all passing.