[Csnd-dev] master branch

Subject[Csnd-dev] master branch
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have locked the master branch to avoid any accidental pushes there. It’s read-only.
If we decide to make a release, I’ll unlock prior to updating it and then lock it back again.

best

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] master branch
Good call, will prevent clowns like me pushing to it 😬

On Sun 5 Feb 2023, 6:02 p.m. Victor Lazzarini, <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have locked the master branch to avoid any accidental pushes there. It’s read-only.
If we decide to make a release, I’ll unlock prior to updating it and then lock it back again.

best

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] master branch
To be fair we never said anything about not pushing to it.

On 5 Feb 2023, at 19:08, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Good call, will prevent clowns like me pushing to it 😬

On Sun 5 Feb 2023, 6:02 p.m. Victor Lazzarini, <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have locked the master branch to avoid any accidental pushes there. It’s read-only.
If we decide to make a release, I’ll unlock prior to updating it and then lock it back again.

best

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] master branch
We could make it such that you can only merge to it via Pull Request,
and do PRs for merging from develop to master.  I've found that extra
step to require a review works well.

On Sun, Feb 5, 2023 at 1:02 PM Victor Lazzarini  wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that I have locked the master branch to avoid any accidental pushes there. It’s read-only.
> If we decide to make a release, I’ll unlock prior to updating it and then lock it back again.
>
> best

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] master branch
I typically do that, but this was a one liner change to an install script. But I will stick to PRs going forward. 👍