[Csnd-dev] testing cs7

Subject[Csnd-dev] testing cs7
hello devs -

i am wondering what is most useful for you as contribution to cs7
development from people like me: just building the develop branch and
reporting issues?  or should i have cs6 and cs7 in parallel?

thanks for your great work, best -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] testing cs7
Thanks for this. I think building and using it is the primary thing now. There are lot of internal changes still to come and the API will change as well, but that should not stop you from using and testing it.

> On 12 Dec 2022, at 07:51, joachim heintz  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> hello devs -
>
> i am wondering what is most useful for you as contribution to cs7
> development from people like me: just building the develop branch and
> reporting issues?  or should i have cs6 and cs7 in parallel?
>
> thanks for your great work, best -
>
>       joachim

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] testing cs7
allright, thanks.  will do.

On 12/12/2022 17:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Thanks for this. I think building and using it is the primary thing now. There are lot of internal changes still to come and the API will change as well, but that should not stop you from using and testing it.

>> On 12 Dec 2022, at 07:51, joachim heintz  wrote:
>>
>> *Warning*
>>
>> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>>
>> hello devs -
>>
>> i am wondering what is most useful for you as contribution to cs7
>> development from people like me: just building the develop branch and
>> reporting issues?  or should i have cs6 and cs7 in parallel?
>>
>> thanks for your great work, best -
>>
>>        joachim

Date2022-12-12 18:04
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] testing cs7
and (if you would please) send us (post) step by step instructions so that more of us can join in

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 12:45 PM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
allright, thanks.  will do.

On 12/12/2022 17:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Thanks for this. I think building and using it is the primary thing now. There are lot of internal changes still to come and the API will change as well, but that should not stop you from using and testing it.

>> On 12 Dec 2022, at 07:51, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
>>
>> *Warning*
>>
>> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>>
>> hello devs -
>>
>> i am wondering what is most useful for you as contribution to cs7
>> development from people like me: just building the develop branch and
>> reporting issues?  or should i have cs6 and cs7 in parallel?
>>
>> thanks for your great work, best -
>>
>>        joachim

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] testing cs7
with pleasure =)
but actually, i changed nothing, and it built out of the box.
i only had to rebuild csoundqt, to use the new version.
(this is linux though --- don't know whether there are differences in
other os.)

now i can write:
   aL, aR = diskin("my StereoFile.wav")
   out(aL,aR)

this is my christmas gift ===)))

On 12/12/2022 19:04, Dr. Richard Boulanger wrote:
> and (if you would please) send us (post) step by step instructions so
> that more of us can join in
>
> *- Dr.B*
>
> *
> *
>
> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
>
> Professor
>
> Electronic Production and Design
>
> *Berklee College of Music*
>
> Professional Writing & Technology Division
>

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 12:45 PM joachim heintz  > wrote:
>
>     allright, thanks.  will do.
>

>     On 12/12/2022 17:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>      > Thanks for this. I think building and using it is the primary
>     thing now. There are lot of internal changes still to come and the
>     API will change as well, but that should not stop you from using and
>     testing it.
>      >
>      > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>      > Maynooth University
>      > Ireland
>      >
>      >> On 12 Dec 2022, at 07:51, joachim heintz      > wrote:
>      >>
>      >> *Warning*
>      >>
>      >> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail
>     System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you
>     recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>      >>
>      >> hello devs -
>      >>
>      >> i am wondering what is most useful for you as contribution to cs7
>      >> development from people like me: just building the develop
>     branch and
>      >> reporting issues?  or should i have cs6 and cs7 in parallel?
>      >>
>      >> thanks for your great work, best -
>      >>
>      >>        joachim

Date2022-12-12 18:28
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] testing cs7
cool

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 1:18 PM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
with pleasure =)
but actually, i changed nothing, and it built out of the box.
i only had to rebuild csoundqt, to use the new version.
(this is linux though --- don't know whether there are differences in
other os.)

now i can write:
   aL, aR = diskin("my StereoFile.wav")
   out(aL,aR)

this is my christmas gift ===)))

On 12/12/2022 19:04, Dr. Richard Boulanger wrote:
> and (if you would please) send us (post) step by step instructions so
> that more of us can join in
>
> *- Dr.B*
>
> *
> *
>
> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
>
> Professor
>
> Electronic Production and Design
>
> *Berklee College of Music*
>
> Professional Writing & Technology Division
>

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 12:45 PM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de
> <mailto:jh@joachimheintz.de>> wrote:
>
>     allright, thanks.  will do.
>

>     On 12/12/2022 17:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>      > Thanks for this. I think building and using it is the primary
>     thing now. There are lot of internal changes still to come and the
>     API will change as well, but that should not stop you from using and
>     testing it.
>      >
>      > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>      > Maynooth University
>      > Ireland
>      >
>      >> On 12 Dec 2022, at 07:51, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de
>     <mailto:jh@joachimheintz.de>> wrote:
>      >>
>      >> *Warning*
>      >>
>      >> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail
>     System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you
>     recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>      >>
>      >> hello devs -
>      >>
>      >> i am wondering what is most useful for you as contribution to cs7
>      >> development from people like me: just building the develop
>     branch and
>      >> reporting issues?  or should i have cs6 and cs7 in parallel?
>      >>
>      >> thanks for your great work, best -
>      >>
>      >>        joachim

Date2022-12-12 20:17
FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] testing cs7
Joachim,

Wait, CsoyndQt works wit Cound 7 (after rebuilding)?

I did not expect that :)

Tarmo

E, 12. detsember 2022 20:18 joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> kirjutas:
with pleasure =)
but actually, i changed nothing, and it built out of the box.
i only had to rebuild csoundqt, to use the new version.
(this is linux though --- don't know whether there are differences in
other os.)

now i can write:
   aL, aR = diskin("my StereoFile.wav")
   out(aL,aR)

this is my christmas gift ===)))

On 12/12/2022 19:04, Dr. Richard Boulanger wrote:
> and (if you would please) send us (post) step by step instructions so
> that more of us can join in
>
> *- Dr.B*
>
> *
> *
>
> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
>
> Professor
>
> Electronic Production and Design
>
> *Berklee College of Music*
>
> Professional Writing & Technology Division
>

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 12:45 PM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de
> <mailto:jh@joachimheintz.de>> wrote:
>
>     allright, thanks.  will do.
>

>     On 12/12/2022 17:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>      > Thanks for this. I think building and using it is the primary
>     thing now. There are lot of internal changes still to come and the
>     API will change as well, but that should not stop you from using and
>     testing it.
>      >
>      > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>      > Maynooth University
>      > Ireland
>      >
>      >> On 12 Dec 2022, at 07:51, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de
>     <mailto:jh@joachimheintz.de>> wrote:
>      >>
>      >> *Warning*
>      >>
>      >> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail
>     System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you
>     recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>      >>
>      >> hello devs -
>      >>
>      >> i am wondering what is most useful for you as contribution to cs7
>      >> development from people like me: just building the develop
>     branch and
>      >> reporting issues?  or should i have cs6 and cs7 in parallel?
>      >>
>      >> thanks for your great work, best -
>      >>
>      >>        joachim

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] testing cs7
It should work, the API has not changed yet.

On 12 Dec 2022, at 20:19, Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com> wrote:

Joachim,

Wait, CsoyndQt works wit Cound 7 (after rebuilding)?

I did not expect that :)

Tarmo

E, 12. detsember 2022 20:18 joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> kirjutas:
with pleasure =)
but actually, i changed nothing, and it built out of the box.
i only had to rebuild csoundqt, to use the new version.
(this is linux though --- don't know whether there are differences in
other os.)

now i can write:
   aL, aR = diskin("my StereoFile.wav")
   out(aL,aR)

this is my christmas gift ===)))

On 12/12/2022 19:04, Dr. Richard Boulanger wrote:
> and (if you would please) send us (post) step by step instructions so
> that more of us can join in
>
> *- Dr.B*
>
> *
> *
>
> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
>
> Professor
>
> Electronic Production and Design
>
> *Berklee College of Music*
>
> Professional Writing & Technology Division
>

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 12:45 PM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de
> <mailto:jh@joachimheintz.de>> wrote:
>
>     allright, thanks.  will do.
>

>     On 12/12/2022 17:06, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>      > Thanks for this. I think building and using it is the primary
>     thing now. There are lot of internal changes still to come and the
>     API will change as well, but that should not stop you from using and
>     testing it.
>      >
>      > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>      > Maynooth University
>      > Ireland
>      >
>      >> On 12 Dec 2022, at 07:51, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de
>     <mailto:jh@joachimheintz.de>> wrote:
>      >>
>      >> *Warning*
>      >>
>      >> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail
>     System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you
>     recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>      >>
>      >> hello devs -
>      >>
>      >> i am wondering what is most useful for you as contribution to cs7
>      >> development from people like me: just building the develop
>     branch and
>      >> reporting issues?  or should i have cs6 and cs7 in parallel?
>      >>
>      >> thanks for your great work, best -
>      >>
>      >>        joachim

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] testing cs7
actually i wanted to answer tarmo in saying that there is a hidden file
from andrés to make csoundqt forward compatible until cs8 ... --- but
most probably you are right ...