Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] Web IDE

Date2022-12-02 10:06
FromVictor Lazzarini
Subject[Csnd-dev] Web IDE
Hi Hlodver,

I am afraid the Web IDE appears to be broken at the moment. I opened a couple of my projects and I am not getting any sound

1) The synthesis seems to run faster than realtime, so I think it’s not connecting to the DAC. It used to play to DAC by default, but
even if we add -odac there is still no audio.

2) MIDI has also stopped working both with the Virtual Keyboard and MIDI input.

The examples on the front page are not loading either. 
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-12-02 10:49
FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Web IDE
Hi,

I can confirm. As it happened in the class and took a lot of time to figure out, probably many people use it for teaching, too, can we have always  a solid dropback somewhere or rather the experimentimg happening somewhere else...

Thanks!
Tarmo

R, 2. detsember 2022 12:06 Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> kirjutas:
Hi Hlodver,

I am afraid the Web IDE appears to be broken at the moment. I opened a couple of my projects and I am not getting any sound

1) The synthesis seems to run faster than realtime, so I think it’s not connecting to the DAC. It used to play to DAC by default, but

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-12-02 12:35
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
I will fix today. I was doing an upgrade of Codemirror, this was almost 8 weeks of work and was always available on our dev environment and was tested by myself and Steven, few terrible bugs were fixed (like audiofiles not loading for people not logged in). So this was not a rushed experiment mindset making that merge. Good thing with the web, is that it's quick to fix :)

On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 11:50, Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I can confirm. As it happened in the class and took a lot of time to figure out, probably many people use it for teaching, too, can we have always  a solid dropback somewhere or rather the experimentimg happening somewhere else...

Thanks!
Tarmo

Hi Hlodver,

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-12-02 12:41
FromTarmo Johannes
Sure, thank you! Sorry if I sounded somehow rude, did not mean it.
The environment is wonderful and thanks for the new developments!
tarmo

Kontakt Hlöðver Sigurðsson (<hlolli@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 2. detsember 2022 kell 14:38:
I will fix today. I was doing an upgrade of Codemirror, this was almost 8 weeks of work and was always available on our dev environment and was tested by myself and Steven, few terrible bugs were fixed (like audiofiles not loading for people not logged in). So this was not a rushed experiment mindset making that merge. Good thing with the web, is that it's quick to fix :)

Hi,

Thanks!
Tarmo

Hi Hlodver,

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-12-02 12:48
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
I try my best not to break anything, and I know I can do better (if I were to spend time writing test suites etc), so it hurts me equally much to ship out a bug :D

All good, thanks for reporting and confirming!

On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 13:43, Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure, thank you! Sorry if I sounded somehow rude, did not mean it.
The environment is wonderful and thanks for the new developments!
tarmo

Kontakt Hlöðver Sigurðsson (<hlolli@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 2. detsember 2022 kell 14:38:

Hi,

Thanks!
Tarmo

Hi Hlodver,

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-12-02 12:49
FromVictor Lazzarini
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Web IDE
I think the problem is with the latest @csound/browser in npm. I’ve updated my local vanilla code to this and Csound stopped receiving MIDI or inputMessages, and the
audio seems not to go to DAC as well. I reverted it to the previous (from Nov 25) and it is working as before (but MIDI device input is not working though; it accepts
csound.midiInputMessage() but nothing from a MIDI keyboard plugged in).

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 2 Dec 2022, at 10:49, Tarmo Johannes  wrote:
> 
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi,
> 
> I can confirm. As it happened in the class and took a lot of time to figure out, probably many people use it for teaching, too, can we have always  a solid dropback somewhere or rather the experimentimg happening somewhere else...
> 
> Thanks!
> Tarmo
> 
> 
> 
> R, 2. detsember 2022 12:06 Victor Lazzarini  kirjutas:
> Hi Hlodver,
> 
> I am afraid the Web IDE appears to be broken at the moment. I opened a couple of my projects and I am not getting any sound
> 
> 1) The synthesis seems to run faster than realtime, so I think it’s not connecting to the DAC. It used to play to DAC by default, but
> even if we add -odac there is still no audio.
> 
> 2) MIDI has also stopped working both with the Virtual Keyboard and MIDI input.
> 
> The examples on the front page are not loading either. 
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
> 

Date2022-12-02 12:54
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
I was just thinking the same. That the issue was rather a breakage in the csound/browser than web-ide.

There's some legacy behavior in the useWorker: false, that I'm a little bit suspicious of, and now without implicit -odac, there's a chance that something went wrong in regards to the restart flow, since useWorker: false, always resets csound before starting, even if it never started in the first place. I'll take a look, I don't think it will be hard to locate.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 13:49, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
I think the problem is with the latest @csound/browser in npm. I’ve updated my local vanilla code to this and Csound stopped receiving MIDI or inputMessages, and the
audio seems not to go to DAC as well. I reverted it to the previous (from Nov 25) and it is working as before (but MIDI device input is not working though; it accepts
csound.midiInputMessage() but nothing from a MIDI keyboard plugged in).

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 2 Dec 2022, at 10:49, Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi,
>
> I can confirm. As it happened in the class and took a lot of time to figure out, probably many people use it for teaching, too, can we have always  a solid dropback somewhere or rather the experimentimg happening somewhere else...
>
> Thanks!
> Tarmo
>
>
>
> R, 2. detsember 2022 12:06 Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> kirjutas:
> Hi Hlodver,
>
> I am afraid the Web IDE appears to be broken at the moment. I opened a couple of my projects and I am not getting any sound
>
> 1) The synthesis seems to run faster than realtime, so I think it’s not connecting to the DAC. It used to play to DAC by default, but
> even if we add -odac there is still no audio.
>
> 2) MIDI has also stopped working both with the Virtual Keyboard and MIDI input.
>
> The examples on the front page are not loading either.
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>

Date2022-12-02 13:13
FromVictor Lazzarini
Great, thanks. When you are looking, could you check about device MIDI? I have prepared an example using MIDI but it’s only working with csound.midiInputMessage(),
it would be good to have device MIDI too. It used to work well in the IDE. 

According to your/Steven’s tutorial, we should only need -M0 for a device to be recognised, but it doesn’t seem to do it.
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 2 Dec 2022, at 12:54, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> 
> I was just thinking the same. That the issue was rather a breakage in the csound/browser than web-ide.
> 
> There's some legacy behavior in the useWorker: false, that I'm a little bit suspicious of, and now without implicit -odac, there's a chance that something went wrong in regards to the restart flow, since useWorker: false, always resets csound before starting, even if it never started in the first place. I'll take a look, I don't think it will be hard to locate.
> 
> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 13:49, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> I think the problem is with the latest @csound/browser in npm. I’ve updated my local vanilla code to this and Csound stopped receiving MIDI or inputMessages, and the
> audio seems not to go to DAC as well. I reverted it to the previous (from Nov 25) and it is working as before (but MIDI device input is not working though; it accepts
> csound.midiInputMessage() but nothing from a MIDI keyboard plugged in).
> 
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
> 
> > On 2 Dec 2022, at 10:49, Tarmo Johannes  wrote:
> > 
> > WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I can confirm. As it happened in the class and took a lot of time to figure out, probably many people use it for teaching, too, can we have always  a solid dropback somewhere or rather the experimentimg happening somewhere else...
> > 
> > Thanks!
> > Tarmo
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > R, 2. detsember 2022 12:06 Victor Lazzarini  kirjutas:
> > Hi Hlodver,
> > 
> > I am afraid the Web IDE appears to be broken at the moment. I opened a couple of my projects and I am not getting any sound
> > 
> > 1) The synthesis seems to run faster than realtime, so I think it’s not connecting to the DAC. It used to play to DAC by default, but
> > even if we add -odac there is still no audio.
> > 
> > 2) MIDI has also stopped working both with the Virtual Keyboard and MIDI input.
> > 
> > The examples on the front page are not loading either. 
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> > 
> 

Date2022-12-02 13:20
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
I found the bug! It's a typo of adc -> dac

that will explain everything, because it thinks it's rendering, pushing a fix...

On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 14:13, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Great, thanks. When you are looking, could you check about device MIDI? I have prepared an example using MIDI but it’s only working with csound.midiInputMessage(),

According to your/Steven’s tutorial, we should only need -M0 for a device to be recognised, but it doesn’t seem to do it.
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 2 Dec 2022, at 12:54, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> I was just thinking the same. That the issue was rather a breakage in the csound/browser than web-ide.
>
> There's some legacy behavior in the useWorker: false, that I'm a little bit suspicious of, and now without implicit -odac, there's a chance that something went wrong in regards to the restart flow, since useWorker: false, always resets csound before starting, even if it never started in the first place. I'll take a look, I don't think it will be hard to locate.
>
> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 13:49, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
> I think the problem is with the latest @csound/browser in npm. I’ve updated my local vanilla code to this and Csound stopped receiving MIDI or inputMessages, and the
> audio seems not to go to DAC as well. I reverted it to the previous (from Nov 25) and it is working as before (but MIDI device input is not working though; it accepts
>
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
> > On 2 Dec 2022, at 10:49, Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
> >
> > WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can confirm. As it happened in the class and took a lot of time to figure out, probably many people use it for teaching, too, can we have always  a solid dropback somewhere or rather the experimentimg happening somewhere else...
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Tarmo
> >
> >
> >
> > R, 2. detsember 2022 12:06 Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> kirjutas:
> > Hi Hlodver,
> >
> > I am afraid the Web IDE appears to be broken at the moment. I opened a couple of my projects and I am not getting any sound
> >
> > 1) The synthesis seems to run faster than realtime, so I think it’s not connecting to the DAC. It used to play to DAC by default, but
> >
> > 2) MIDI has also stopped working both with the Virtual Keyboard and MIDI input.
> >
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> >
>

Date2022-12-02 13:27
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
I got it working locally, it will be deployed within 20 minutes. I notice after a system upgrade I have to rebuild the wasm binary from scratch.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 14:20, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:

that will explain everything, because it thinks it's rendering, pushing a fix...

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

>
>
>
>
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can confirm. As it happened in the class and took a lot of time to figure out, probably many people use it for teaching, too, can we have always  a solid dropback somewhere or rather the experimentimg happening somewhere else...
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Tarmo
> >
> >
> >
> > R, 2. detsember 2022 12:06 Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> kirjutas:
> > Hi Hlodver,
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> >
>

Date2022-12-02 14:33
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
I published npm package @csound/browser 6.18.5 and deployed it to the web-ide, hopefully it will fix the issues

On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 14:27, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
I got it working locally, it will be deployed within 20 minutes. I notice after a system upgrade I have to rebuild the wasm binary from scratch.

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

>
>
>
>
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Tarmo
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi Hlodver,
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> >
>

Date2022-12-02 14:54
FromVictor Lazzarini
Thanks, I'll test it shortly

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 2 Dec 2022, at 14:34, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:

I published npm package @csound/browser 6.18.5 and deployed it to the web-ide, hopefully it will fix the issues

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

>
>
>
>
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Tarmo
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi Hlodver,
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> >
>

Date2022-12-02 15:16
FromTarmo Johannes
Hi,

Yes, the sound is back and virutal MIDI keyboard works.

Thank you, Hlödver!

tarmo

Kontakt Victor Lazzarini (<Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 2. detsember 2022 kell 16:54:
Thanks, I'll test it shortly

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 2 Dec 2022, at 14:34, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

>
>
>
>
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Tarmo
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi Hlodver,
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> >
>

Date2022-12-02 15:52
FromVictor Lazzarini
Web IDE is back restored, thanks. I’ll see if I can get midi working in my example now.
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 2 Dec 2022, at 14:33, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> 
> I published npm package @csound/browser 6.18.5 and deployed it to the web-ide, hopefully it will fix the issues
> 
> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 14:27, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> I got it working locally, it will be deployed within 20 minutes. I notice after a system upgrade I have to rebuild the wasm binary from scratch.
> 
> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 14:20, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> I found the bug! It's a typo of adc -> dac
> 
> that will explain everything, because it thinks it's rendering, pushing a fix...
> 
> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 14:13, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> Great, thanks. When you are looking, could you check about device MIDI? I have prepared an example using MIDI but it’s only working with csound.midiInputMessage(),
> it would be good to have device MIDI too. It used to work well in the IDE. 
> 
> According to your/Steven’s tutorial, we should only need -M0 for a device to be recognised, but it doesn’t seem to do it.
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
> 
> > On 2 Dec 2022, at 12:54, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> > 
> > I was just thinking the same. That the issue was rather a breakage in the csound/browser than web-ide.
> > 
> > There's some legacy behavior in the useWorker: false, that I'm a little bit suspicious of, and now without implicit -odac, there's a chance that something went wrong in regards to the restart flow, since useWorker: false, always resets csound before starting, even if it never started in the first place. I'll take a look, I don't think it will be hard to locate.
> > 
> > On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 13:49, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> > I think the problem is with the latest @csound/browser in npm. I’ve updated my local vanilla code to this and Csound stopped receiving MIDI or inputMessages, and the
> > audio seems not to go to DAC as well. I reverted it to the previous (from Nov 25) and it is working as before (but MIDI device input is not working though; it accepts
> > csound.midiInputMessage() but nothing from a MIDI keyboard plugged in).
> > 
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> > 
> > > On 2 Dec 2022, at 10:49, Tarmo Johannes  wrote:
> > > 
> > > WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > I can confirm. As it happened in the class and took a lot of time to figure out, probably many people use it for teaching, too, can we have always  a solid dropback somewhere or rather the experimentimg happening somewhere else...
> > > 
> > > Thanks!
> > > Tarmo
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > R, 2. detsember 2022 12:06 Victor Lazzarini  kirjutas:
> > > Hi Hlodver,
> > > 
> > > I am afraid the Web IDE appears to be broken at the moment. I opened a couple of my projects and I am not getting any sound
> > > 
> > > 1) The synthesis seems to run faster than realtime, so I think it’s not connecting to the DAC. It used to play to DAC by default, but
> > > even if we add -odac there is still no audio.
> > > 
> > > 2) MIDI has also stopped working both with the Virtual Keyboard and MIDI input.
> > > 
> > > The examples on the front page are not loading either. 
> > > ========================
> > > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > > Maynooth University
> > > Ireland
> > > 
> > 
> 

Date2022-12-02 15:58
FromVictor Lazzarini
And MIDI is working out of the box now in my example, thanks.

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 2 Dec 2022, at 15:52, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> 
> Web IDE is back restored, thanks. I’ll see if I can get midi working in my example now.
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
> 
>> On 2 Dec 2022, at 14:33, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>> 
>> I published npm package @csound/browser 6.18.5 and deployed it to the web-ide, hopefully it will fix the issues
>> 
>> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 14:27, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>> I got it working locally, it will be deployed within 20 minutes. I notice after a system upgrade I have to rebuild the wasm binary from scratch.
>> 
>> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 14:20, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>> I found the bug! It's a typo of adc -> dac
>> 
>> that will explain everything, because it thinks it's rendering, pushing a fix...
>> 
>> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 14:13, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>> Great, thanks. When you are looking, could you check about device MIDI? I have prepared an example using MIDI but it’s only working with csound.midiInputMessage(),
>> it would be good to have device MIDI too. It used to work well in the IDE. 
>> 
>> According to your/Steven’s tutorial, we should only need -M0 for a device to be recognised, but it doesn’t seem to do it.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>> 
>>> On 2 Dec 2022, at 12:54, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>>> 
>>> I was just thinking the same. That the issue was rather a breakage in the csound/browser than web-ide.
>>> 
>>> There's some legacy behavior in the useWorker: false, that I'm a little bit suspicious of, and now without implicit -odac, there's a chance that something went wrong in regards to the restart flow, since useWorker: false, always resets csound before starting, even if it never started in the first place. I'll take a look, I don't think it will be hard to locate.
>>> 
>>> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 13:49, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>> I think the problem is with the latest @csound/browser in npm. I’ve updated my local vanilla code to this and Csound stopped receiving MIDI or inputMessages, and the
>>> audio seems not to go to DAC as well. I reverted it to the previous (from Nov 25) and it is working as before (but MIDI device input is not working though; it accepts
>>> csound.midiInputMessage() but nothing from a MIDI keyboard plugged in).
>>> 
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland
>>> 
>>>> On 2 Dec 2022, at 10:49, Tarmo Johannes  wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>>>> Hi,
>>>> 
>>>> I can confirm. As it happened in the class and took a lot of time to figure out, probably many people use it for teaching, too, can we have always  a solid dropback somewhere or rather the experimentimg happening somewhere else...
>>>> 
>>>> Thanks!
>>>> Tarmo
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> R, 2. detsember 2022 12:06 Victor Lazzarini  kirjutas:
>>>> Hi Hlodver,
>>>> 
>>>> I am afraid the Web IDE appears to be broken at the moment. I opened a couple of my projects and I am not getting any sound
>>>> 
>>>> 1) The synthesis seems to run faster than realtime, so I think it’s not connecting to the DAC. It used to play to DAC by default, but
>>>> even if we add -odac there is still no audio.
>>>> 
>>>> 2) MIDI has also stopped working both with the Virtual Keyboard and MIDI input.
>>>> 
>>>> The examples on the front page are not loading either. 
>>>> ========================
>>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>>> Maynooth University
>>>> Ireland
>>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>