Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] a concern about plugins

Date2022-11-04 11:02
FromJoel Ross
Subject[Csnd-dev] a concern about plugins
Hi all,

I'm following the discussion at the conference about moving opcodes into plugin repositories. I have a concern here which is that macOS code signing affects plugins. I found it almost impossible to get an unsigned encoder plugin to work with audacity in macOS because I couldn't disable the code sign check at all. But signing all plugins seems impractical. Has anyone run into this issue and maybe has some solutions?

Joel

Date2022-11-04 11:33
FromVictor Lazzarini
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] a concern about plugins
I actually never came across this or had reports of it. There are a number of plugins in Csound and they all seem to load without any problems. 
I think the way Audacity loads plugins is different. Csound loads dylibs using dlopen directly and I don’t think this has been affected by signing issues.
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 4 Nov 2022, at 11:02, Joel Ross  wrote:
> 
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi all,
> 
> I'm following the discussion at the conference about moving opcodes into plugin repositories. I have a concern here which is that macOS code signing affects plugins. I found it almost impossible to get an unsigned encoder plugin to work with audacity in macOS because I couldn't disable the code sign check at all. But signing all plugins seems impractical. Has anyone run into this issue and maybe has some solutions?
> 
>  Joel