[Csnd-dev] release?

Subject[Csnd-dev] release?
Hi everyone,

should we try to finish the release for this week?

We need

- 6.18 manual packages
- Windows installer and zip

and we can release. If possible we should try having packages for

- Android
- Wasm

but we can proceed without those.

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] release?
And Bela please as well.

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> On Oct 18, 2022, at 5:28 AM, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> should we try to finish the release for this week?
>
> We need
>
> - 6.18 manual packages
> - Windows installer and zip
>
> and we can release. If possible we should try having packages for
>
> - Android
> - Wasm
>
> but we can proceed without those.
> ========================

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] release?
I looked into Android and, unless I'm missing something, using a
recent libsndfile with mp3 support seems a bit tricky. Seems like the
ideal solution would be to move to using cmake for our Android build
and to include libsndfile's cmake build as a dependency. I think it'd
be no problem to do a release with the older libsndfile.  Shall we do
that and advertise needing some contributions for Android?

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 5:27 AM Victor Lazzarini  wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> should we try to finish the release for this week?
>
> We need
>
> - 6.18 manual packages
> - Windows installer and zip
>
> and we can release. If possible we should try having packages for
>
> - Android
> - Wasm
>
> but we can proceed without those.
> ========================

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] release?
We do not have the means of making Bela releases. You need to ask the Bela developers for that.

> On 18 Oct 2022, at 13:54, Dr. Richard Boulanger  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> And Bela please as well.
>
> Dr. Richard Boulanger
> Professor
> Electronic Production and Design
> Berklee College of Music
>
>> On Oct 18, 2022, at 5:28 AM, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> should we try to finish the release for this week?
>>
>> We need
>>
>> - 6.18 manual packages
>> - Windows installer and zip
>>
>> and we can release. If possible we should try having packages for
>>
>> - Android
>> - Wasm
>>
>> but we can proceed without those.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] release?
I think that’s a good solution, and it will match the situation on iOS where we have not yet moved on to a newer libsndfile.

> On 18 Oct 2022, at 15:18, Steven Yi  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> I looked into Android and, unless I'm missing something, using a
> recent libsndfile with mp3 support seems a bit tricky. Seems like the
> ideal solution would be to move to using cmake for our Android build
> and to include libsndfile's cmake build as a dependency. I think it'd
> be no problem to do a release with the older libsndfile.  Shall we do
> that and advertise needing some contributions for Android?
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 5:27 AM Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> should we try to finish the release for this week?
>>
>> We need
>>
>> - 6.18 manual packages
>> - Windows installer and zip
>>
>> and we can release. If possible we should try having packages for
>>
>> - Android
>> - Wasm
>>
>> but we can proceed without those.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland

Date2022-10-18 17:20
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] release?
I will ask Guilio Moro (from Bela) to check things out for us.

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 11:11 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
We do not have the means of making Bela releases. You need to ask the Bela developers for that.

> On 18 Oct 2022, at 13:54, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@BERKLEE.EDU> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> And Bela please as well.
>
> Dr. Richard Boulanger
> Professor
> Electronic Production and Design
> Berklee College of Music
>
>> On Oct 18, 2022, at 5:28 AM, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> should we try to finish the release for this week?
>>
>> We need
>>
>> - 6.18 manual packages
>> - Windows installer and zip
>>
>> and we can release. If possible we should try having packages for
>>
>> - Android
>> - Wasm
>>
>> but we can proceed without those.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland

Date2022-10-18 20:20
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] release?
The manual packages are now released here: https://github.com/csound/manual/releases/tag/6.18.0
Regards
François

Le mar. 18 oct. 2022 à 11:27, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> a écrit :
Hi everyone,

should we try to finish the release for this week?

We need

- 6.18 manual packages
- Windows installer and zip

and we can release. If possible we should try having packages for

- Android
- Wasm

but we can proceed without those.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] release?
Thanks, François. I discovered a stupid issue with portaudio callback, which I am fixing tomorrow, then I'll replace the installer and if we have the Windows packages, release it.