Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] wasm CI heads up

Date2022-10-09 12:01
FromVictor Lazzarini
Subject[Csnd-dev] wasm CI heads up
For the csound6 branch, I just commented out the browser build tests on the wasm action because these have not been passing for a long while and it does not seem to have caught anyone’s attention. If any of you want to put this back, it needs to be monitored. The last thing we want is for us to make a release, update the master branch and getting a failing badge for that release. So if this is going to be put back, it needs to be acted on.

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-10-09 12:30
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] wasm CI heads up
abolutely, the tests are actually passing in the old form, I recently added firefox tests, and they fail for strange reasons. I'm inclined to remove the firefox tests and add them back later after more thorough testing.

On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 at 13:01, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
For the csound6 branch, I just commented out the browser build tests on the wasm action because these have not been passing for a long while and it does not seem to have caught anyone’s attention. If any of you want to put this back, it needs to be monitored. The last thing we want is for us to make a release, update the master branch and getting a failing badge for that release. So if this is going to be put back, it needs to be acted on.

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-10-09 13:02
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
ok I removed the firefox tests, there was 1 failed unit test, looking to fix it now...

On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 at 13:30, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
abolutely, the tests are actually passing in the old form, I recently added firefox tests, and they fail for strange reasons. I'm inclined to remove the firefox tests and add them back later after more thorough testing.

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-10-09 14:19
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
Working with John ffitch, I have been building the Csound6 branch on my M1 MacBook Pro, and for some reason it can't seem to locate the OSC opcodes. Could this be related?

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Oct 9, 2022, at 8:03 AM, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:

ok I removed the firefox tests, there was 1 failed unit test, looking to fix it now...

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-10-09 17:25
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
I believe the tests are fixed now. Let me know if they fail. It seems that the issue was with shared-array-buffer worker, which sometimes skips the javascript event-loop. I hope my fix is proper, but it's still a mysterious fix. So I'm crossing fingers.

On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 at 15:21, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:
Working with John ffitch, I have been building the Csound6 branch on my M1 MacBook Pro, and for some reason it can't seem to locate the OSC opcodes. Could this be related?

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2022-10-09 17:58
FromVictor Lazzarini
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] wasm CI heads up
Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open. These messages from the CI kept coming after my commits, but since they were for wasn
tests I was ignoring them. I'll report again if it fails.

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 9 Oct 2022, at 17:26, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

I believe the tests are fixed now. Let me know if they fail. It seems that the issue was with shared-array-buffer worker, which sometimes skips the javascript event-loop. I hope my fix is proper, but it's still a mysterious fix. So I'm crossing fingers.

On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 at 15:21, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland