Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] plugins repo - new default branch

Date2021-08-18 15:13
FromVictor Lazzarini
Subject[Csnd-dev] plugins repo - new default branch
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone working on the plugins repo. I have made a new
default branch called develop, where any development work should go. Please do not
commit anything to master, as this will be reserved as our stable branch from now on.

best
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2021-08-18 15:42
FromMichael Gogins
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] plugins repo - new default branch
Got it.

-----------------------------------------------------
Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:13 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone working on the plugins repo. I have made a new
default branch called develop, where any development work should go. Please do not
commit anything to master, as this will be reserved as our stable branch from now on.

best
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2021-08-18 21:53
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
Will the VST3 plugins be there too?
- working great with Mac and Linux

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Aug 18, 2021, at 10:42 AM, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:

Got it.

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:13 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi everyone,

best
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2021-08-18 22:16
FromMichael Gogins
I would very much like to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository. There are two potential issues:

1. The vst3 plugins depend on the vst3 SDK which is a large external dependency. This is probably not so serious.

2. The vst3 plugins have a GPLv3 license. I do not know if it works to have one directory in a repository with one license, and other directories in that repository to have other licenses. It may be that the entire plugins repository needs to be GPLv3. This is not necessarily a serious issue either, as the GPLv3 license is in practice compatible with the LGPLv2.1 license. An existing example is Rory Walsh's Cabbage repository which is GPLv3, but works with Csound which is LGPLv2.1. But this would only work if all the plugins adopt the GPLv3 license.

It would of course obviously be possible to have TWO Csound plugin repositories, one for LGPL plugins and one for GPL plugins.

I would like to know what VIctor Lazzarini and John ffitch want to do about this. If they are agreeable, I will prepare a pull request to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository.

Best,
Mike

Best,
Mike

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 4:53 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

Got it.

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

Hi everyone,

best
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2021-08-19 08:19
FromVictor Lazzarini
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] plugins repo - new default branch
No, that's separate and also needs someone to look after it. 

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On Aug 18, 2021, at 9:53 PM, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

Got it.

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

Hi everyone,

best
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2021-08-19 08:27
FromVictor Lazzarini
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] plugins repo - new default branch
Hi Mike,

thanks for this. I think it needs to be kept separate because of the licencing issues and also because the question of maintaining these repositories is still open.

I am, with help from Rory, putting out a release of the plugins but we cannot commit to take care of this. 

This is a continuing issue that I'm concerned about. We are over stretched and if our attention is diverted from the main project, issues will accumulate in the tracker and further development of Csound will stall.

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On Aug 18, 2021, at 10:17 PM, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

I would very much like to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository. There are two potential issues:

1. The vst3 plugins depend on the vst3 SDK which is a large external dependency. This is probably not so serious.

2. The vst3 plugins have a GPLv3 license. I do not know if it works to have one directory in a repository with one license, and other directories in that repository to have other licenses. It may be that the entire plugins repository needs to be GPLv3. This is not necessarily a serious issue either, as the GPLv3 license is in practice compatible with the LGPLv2.1 license. An existing example is Rory Walsh's Cabbage repository which is GPLv3, but works with Csound which is LGPLv2.1. But this would only work if all the plugins adopt the GPLv3 license.

It would of course obviously be possible to have TWO Csound plugin repositories, one for LGPL plugins and one for GPL plugins.

I would like to know what VIctor Lazzarini and John ffitch want to do about this. If they are agreeable, I will prepare a pull request to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository.

Best,
Mike

Best,
Mike

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 4:53 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

Got it.

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

Hi everyone,

best
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2021-08-19 13:54
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
Victor,

I was hoping that Michael would maintain the VST3 opcodes.
- which work on Linux and Mac and are fully documented and have nice examples too.

Also, I was under the impression that the purpose of plugins was that it was a way to mix various licenses? as the plugins are not released as a part of Csound or inside of Csound.

Given that csounders must download plugins separately, can't one legally add, and use these other flavors (as the new VST3 have) of Open-Source licenses with Csound

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

On Aug 19, 2021, at 3:27 AM, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:

Hi Mike,

thanks for this. I think it needs to be kept separate because of the licencing issues and also because the question of maintaining these repositories is still open.

I am, with help from Rory, putting out a release of the plugins but we cannot commit to take care of this. 

This is a continuing issue that I'm concerned about. We are over stretched and if our attention is diverted from the main project, issues will accumulate in the tracker and further development of Csound will stall.

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

*Warning*

Best,
Mike

Best,
Mike

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 4:53 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger < rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

On Aug 18, 2021, at 10:42 AM, Michael Gogins < michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:

Got it.

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:13 AM Victor Lazzarini < Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi everyone,

best
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2021-08-19 14:58
FromVictor Lazzarini
No, I do not think it is a good idea to mix licenses in the same repository. We have already been burned by issues like that and
we need to be careful. It’s great that Michael can maintain the vst3 repository, and its releases. Let’s keep it that way

Anyway, we are still very short in terms of development help, so it is better to proceed carefully. There are still orphan 
subprojects/repositories in the Csound project.
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 19 Aug 2021, at 13:54, Dr. Richard Boulanger  wrote:
> 
> Victor,
> 
> I was hoping that Michael would maintain the VST3 opcodes.
> - which work on Linux and Mac and are fully documented and have nice examples too.
> 
> Also, I was under the impression that the purpose of plugins was that it was a way to mix various licenses? as the plugins are not released as a part of Csound or inside of Csound.
> 
> Given that csounders must download plugins separately, can't one legally add, and use these other flavors (as the new VST3 have) of Open-Source licenses with Csound
> 
> Dr. Richard Boulanger
> Professor
> Electronic Production and Design
> Berklee College of Music
> 
>> On Aug 19, 2021, at 3:27 AM, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>> 
>>  Hi Mike,
>> 
>> thanks for this. I think it needs to be kept separate because of the licencing issues and also because the question of maintaining these repositories is still open.
>> 
>> I am, with help from Rory, putting out a release of the plugins but we cannot commit to take care of this. 
>> 
>> This is a continuing issue that I'm concerned about. We are over stretched and if our attention is diverted from the main project, issues will accumulate in the tracker and further development of Csound will stall.
>> 
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>> 
>>> On Aug 18, 2021, at 10:17 PM, Michael Gogins  wrote: 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>>> I would very much like to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository. There are two potential issues:
>>> 
>>> 1. The vst3 plugins depend on the vst3 SDK which is a large external dependency. This is probably not so serious.
>>> 
>>> 2. The vst3 plugins have a GPLv3 license. I do not know if it works to have one directory in a repository with one license, and other directories in that repository to have other licenses. It may be that the entire plugins repository needs to be GPLv3. This is not necessarily a serious issue either, as the GPLv3 license is in practice compatible with the LGPLv2.1 license. An existing example is Rory Walsh's Cabbage repository which is GPLv3, but works with Csound which is LGPLv2.1. But this would only work if all the plugins adopt the GPLv3 license.
>>> 
>>> It would of course obviously be possible to have TWO Csound plugin repositories, one for LGPL plugins and one for GPL plugins.
>>> 
>>> I would like to know what VIctor Lazzarini and John ffitch want to do about this. If they are agreeable, I will prepare a pull request to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository.
>>> 
>>> Best,
>>> Mike
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Best,
>>> Mike 
>>> 
>>> -----------------------------------------------------
>>> Michael Gogins 
>>> Irreducible Productions 
>>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com 
>>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 4:53 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger < rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote: 
>>> Will the VST3 plugins be there too?
>>> - working great with Mac and Linux 
>>> 
>>> Dr. Richard Boulanger
>>> Professor
>>> Electronic Production and Design
>>> Berklee College of Music
>>> 
>>>> On Aug 18, 2021, at 10:42 AM, Michael Gogins < michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote: 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Got it. 
>>>> 
>>>> -----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Michael Gogins 
>>>> Irreducible Productions 
>>>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com 
>>>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:13 AM Victor Lazzarini < Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote: 
>>>> Hi everyone, 
>>>> 
>>>> I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone working on the plugins repo. I have made a new 
>>>> default branch called develop, where any development work should go. Please do not 
>>>> commit anything to master, as this will be reserved as our stable branch from now on. 
>>>> 
>>>> best 
>>>> ======================== 
>>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini 
>>>> Maynooth University 
>>>> Ireland 

Date2021-08-19 17:08
FromJohn ff
A link from the plugin readme to the  vst3 repository would be useful.

On 19 Aug 2021, at 14:59, Victor Lazzarini <victor.lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
No, I do not think it is a good idea to mix licenses in the same repository. We have already been burned by issues like that and
we need to be careful. It’s great that Michael can maintain the vst3 repository, and its releases. Let’s keep it that way

Anyway, we are still very short in terms of development help, so it is better to proceed carefully. There are still orphan
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 19 Aug 2021, at 13:54, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@BERKLEE.EDU> wrote:

Victor,

- which work on Linux and Mac and are fully documented and have nice examples too.

Also, I was under the impression that the purpose of plugins was that it was a way to mix various licenses? as the plugins are not released as a part of Csound or inside of Csound.

Given that csounders must download plugins separately, can't one legally add, and use these other flavors (as the new VST3 have) of Open-Source licenses with Csound

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

Hi Mike,

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

2. The vst3 plugins have a GPLv3 license. I do not know if it works to have one directory in a repository with one license, and other directories in that repository to have other licenses. It may be that the entire plugins repository needs to be GPLv3. This is not necessarily a serious issue either, as the GPLv3 license is in practice compatible with the LGPLv2.1 license. An existing example is Rory Walsh's Cabbage repository which is GPLv3, but works with Csound which is LGPLv2.1. But this would only work if all the plugins adopt the GPLv3 license.

Best,
Mike

Best,
Mike

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 4:53 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger < rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

Got it.

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:13 AM Victor Lazzarini < Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi everyone,

best
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

Date2021-08-19 17:18
FromVictor Lazzarini
Perhaps the website needs a link to all known 3rd party plugin libs (and the standard opcode releases).
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 19 Aug 2021, at 17:08, John ff  wrote:
> 
> A link from the plugin readme to the  vst3 repository would be useful.
> 
> Get TypeApp for Android
> On 19 Aug 2021, at 14:59, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> No, I do not think it is a good idea to mix licenses in the same repository. We have already been burned by issues like that and
> we need to be careful. It’s great that Michael can maintain the vst3 repository, and its releases. Let’s keep it that way
> 
> Anyway, we are still very short in terms of development help, so it is better to proceed carefully. There are still orphan 
> subprojects/repositories in the Csound project.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
> 
>  On 19 Aug 2021, at 13:54, Dr. Richard Boulanger  wrote:
>  
>  Victor,
>  
>  I was hoping that Michael would maintain the VST3 opcodes.
>  - which work on Linux and Mac and are fully documented and have nice examples too.
>  
>  Also, I was under the impression that the purpose of plugins was that it was a way to mix various licenses? as the plugins are not released as a part of Csound or inside of Csound.
>  
>  Given that csounders must download plugins separately, can't one legally add, and use these other flavors (as the new VST3 have) of Open-Source licenses with Csound
>  
>  Dr. Richard Boulanger
>  Professor
>  Electronic Production and Design
>  Berklee College of Music
>  
>  On Aug 19, 2021, at 3:27 AM, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>  
>   Hi Mike,
>  
>  thanks for this. I think it needs to be kept separate because of the licencing issues and also because the question of maintaining these repositories is still open.
>  
>  I am, with help from Rory, putting out a release of the plugins but we cannot commit to take care of this. 
>  
>  This is a continuing issue that I'm concerned about. We are over stretched and if our attention is diverted from the main project, issues will accumulate in the tracker and further development of Csound will stall.
>  
>  Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>  Maynooth University
>  Ireland
>  
>  On Aug 18, 2021, at 10:17 PM, Michael Gogins  wrote: 
>  
>  
>  WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>  I would very much like to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository. There are two potential issues:
>  
>  1. The vst3 plugins depend on the vst3 SDK which is a large external dependency. This is probably not so serious.
>  
>  2. The vst3 plugins have a GPLv3 license. I do not know if it works to have one directory in a repository with one license, and other directories in that repository to have other licenses. It may be that the entire plugins repository needs to be GPLv3. This is not necessarily a serious issue either, as the GPLv3 license is in practice compatible with the LGPLv2.1 license. An existing example is Rory Walsh's Cabbage repository which is GPLv3, but works with Csound which is LGPLv2.1. But this would only work if all the plugins adopt the GPLv3 license.
>  
>  It would of course obviously be possible to have TWO Csound plugin repositories, one for LGPL plugins and one for GPL plugins.
>  
>  I would like to know what VIctor Lazzarini and John ffitch want to do about this. If they are agreeable, I will prepare a pull request to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository.
>  
>  Best,
>  Mike
>  
>  
>  
>  Best,
>  Mike 
>  
> 
>  Michael Gogins 
>  Irreducible Productions 
>  http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com 
>  Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>  
>  
>  
>  On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 4:53 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger < rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote: 
>  Will the VST3 plugins be there too?
>  - working great with Mac and Linux 
>  
>  Dr. Richard Boulanger
>  Professor
>  Electronic Production and Design
>  Berklee College of Music
>  
>  On Aug 18, 2021, at 10:42 AM, Michael Gogins < michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote: 
>  
>  
>  Got it. 
>  
> 
>  Michael Gogins 
>  Irreducible Productions 
>  http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com 
>  Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>  
>  
>  
>  On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:13 AM Victor Lazzarini < Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote: 
>  Hi everyone, 
>  
>  I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone working on the plugins repo. I have made a new 
>  default branch called develop, where any development work should go. Please do not 
>  commit anything to master, as this will be reserved as our stable branch from now on. 
>  
>  best 
>  ======================== 
>  Prof. Victor Lazzarini 
>  Maynooth University 
>  Ireland 
> 

Date2021-08-19 18:05
FromMichael Gogins
Good idea.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021, 12:18 Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Perhaps the website needs a link to all known 3rd party plugin libs (and the standard opcode releases).
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

> On 19 Aug 2021, at 17:08, John ff <jpff@CODEMIST.CO.UK> wrote:
>
> A link from the plugin readme to the  vst3 repository would be useful.
>
> Get TypeApp for Android
> On 19 Aug 2021, at 14:59, Victor Lazzarini <victor.lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
> No, I do not think it is a good idea to mix licenses in the same repository. We have already been burned by issues like that and
> we need to be careful. It’s great that Michael can maintain the vst3 repository, and its releases. Let’s keep it that way
>
> Anyway, we are still very short in terms of development help, so it is better to proceed carefully. There are still orphan
> subprojects/repositories in the Csound project.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>  On 19 Aug 2021, at 13:54, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@BERKLEE.EDU> wrote:

>  Victor,

>  I was hoping that Michael would maintain the VST3 opcodes.
>  - which work on Linux and Mac and are fully documented and have nice examples too.

>  Also, I was under the impression that the purpose of plugins was that it was a way to mix various licenses? as the plugins are not released as a part of Csound or inside of Csound.

>  Given that csounders must download plugins separately, can't one legally add, and use these other flavors (as the new VST3 have) of Open-Source licenses with Csound

>  Dr. Richard Boulanger
>  Professor
>  Electronic Production and Design
>  Berklee College of Music

>  On Aug 19, 2021, at 3:27 AM, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:

>   Hi Mike,

>  thanks for this. I think it needs to be kept separate because of the licencing issues and also because the question of maintaining these repositories is still open.

>  I am, with help from Rory, putting out a release of the plugins but we cannot commit to take care of this.

>  This is a continuing issue that I'm concerned about. We are over stretched and if our attention is diverted from the main project, issues will accumulate in the tracker and further development of Csound will stall.

>  Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>  Maynooth University
>  Ireland

>  On Aug 18, 2021, at 10:17 PM, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:

>  
>  WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>  I would very much like to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository. There are two potential issues:

>  1. The vst3 plugins depend on the vst3 SDK which is a large external dependency. This is probably not so serious.

>  2. The vst3 plugins have a GPLv3 license. I do not know if it works to have one directory in a repository with one license, and other directories in that repository to have other licenses. It may be that the entire plugins repository needs to be GPLv3. This is not necessarily a serious issue either, as the GPLv3 license is in practice compatible with the LGPLv2.1 license. An existing example is Rory Walsh's Cabbage repository which is GPLv3, but works with Csound which is LGPLv2.1. But this would only work if all the plugins adopt the GPLv3 license.

>  It would of course obviously be possible to have TWO Csound plugin repositories, one for LGPL plugins and one for GPL plugins.

>  I would like to know what VIctor Lazzarini and John ffitch want to do about this. If they are agreeable, I will prepare a pull request to get the vst3 plugins into the plugins repository.

>  Best,
>  Mike

>  Best,
>  Mike

>
>  Michael Gogins
>  Irreducible Productions
>  Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

>  On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 4:53 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger < rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:
>  Will the VST3 plugins be there too?
>  - working great with Mac and Linux

>  Dr. Richard Boulanger
>  Professor
>  Electronic Production and Design
>  Berklee College of Music

>  On Aug 18, 2021, at 10:42 AM, Michael Gogins < michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:

>  
>  Got it.

>
>  Michael Gogins
>  Irreducible Productions
>  Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

>  On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:13 AM Victor Lazzarini < Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
>  Hi everyone,

>  I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone working on the plugins repo. I have made a new
>  default branch called develop, where any development work should go. Please do not
>  commit anything to master, as this will be reserved as our stable branch from now on.

>  best
>  ========================
>  Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>  Maynooth University
>  Ireland
>

Date2021-08-19 18:53
FromJohn ff
Yes

On 19 Aug 2021, at 17:19, Victor Lazzarini <victor.lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 19 Aug 2021, at 17:08, John ff <jpff@CODEMIST.CO.UK> wrote:

A link from the plugin readme to the vst3 repository would be useful.

Get TypeApp for Android
On 19 Aug 2021, at 14:59, Victor Lazzarini <victor.lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:

========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 19 Aug 2021, at 13:54, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@BERKLEE.EDU> wrote:

Victor,

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

Hi Mike,

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

2. The vst3 plugins have a GPLv3 license. I do not know if it works to have one directory in a repository with one license, and other directories in that repository to have other licenses. It may be that the entire plugins repository needs to be GPLv3. This is not necessarily a serious issue either, as the GPLv3 license is in practice compatible with the LGPLv2.1 license. An existing example is Rory Walsh's Cabbage repository which is GPLv3, but works with Csound which is LGPLv2.1. But this would only work if all the plugins adopt the GPLv3 license.

Best,
Mike

Best,
Mike

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Berklee College of Music

Got it.

Michael Gogins
Irreducible Productions

Hi everyone,

best
========================
Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland