[Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?

Date2021-07-30 01:42
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
Subject[Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
I am running and testing the latest Csound 6.16.2 on my Mac and on my Bela and think that the image opcodes might be missing.  I have many demos with these and love showing them in the final class of the semester, are they gone, or is it me not using the correct path?

Hopefully they are not gone.

- dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

Date2021-07-30 07:41
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?

Le ven. 30 juil. 2021 à 02:42, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> a écrit :
I am running and testing the latest Csound 6.16.2 on my Mac and on my Bela and think that the image opcodes might be missing.  I have many demos with these and love showing them in the final class of the semester, are they gone, or is it me not using the correct path?

Hopefully they are not gone.

- dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

Date2021-07-30 15:19
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
Thank you Francois, but... when my students install the latest Csound on the Mac, they (and I in class) can not show many of the manual examples or use these opcodes.

And, the directions on the page tell me how to build these 'plugins' for Linux - something we did not need to do previously.
- is it a 'path' thing?  Are they still there?  Somewhere built on my Mac but in another directory?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 2:41 AM Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:

Le ven. 30 juil. 2021 à 02:42, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> a écrit :
I am running and testing the latest Csound 6.16.2 on my Mac and on my Bela and think that the image opcodes might be missing.  I have many demos with these and love showing them in the final class of the semester, are they gone, or is it me not using the correct path?

Hopefully they are not gone.

- dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

Date2021-07-30 16:11
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
Well as you may know I'm working on linux systems, so I'm not aware of building for OSX. On my system I build Csound from sources and then I build the plugins from the plugin source repository. Did you try to build the plugins following the same procedure as for building Csound (https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/BUILD.md#macos-using-homebrew-) ?

François.

Le ven. 30 juil. 2021 à 16:20, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> a écrit :
[...]

Date2021-07-30 16:28
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
Francois,

Thanks for your suggestions and advice.

I will try that later, and with the help of John ffitch (we meet on Zoom every week to work on Csound stuff), I am pretty sure that I will be able to get these built and get them back onto 'my' MacBooks.

My sadness and concern is the fact that for the typical (Mac or Windows) Csounder (especially for so many of my hundreds of Berklee students), these things are 'broken' now or 'gone' now.  Especially as the interest in programming is increasing and programming with Python is increasing, I am thinking that there will be an ever-increasing interest in using their new Python skills and understanding with the 'power' of Csound and its huge synthesis and DSP collection.

My question, for Rory Walsh (perhaps), would be - did this 'new' 'updated' 'improved' Csound remove the Fluid and image opcodes (and python opcodes) from Cabbage too?  I can't make Cabbage-Fluid plugins and stand-alone?  I can't make Cabbage-image stand-alone?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 11:11 AM Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Date2021-07-30 16:48
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
Maybe each new release of Csound could be completed with a separate build of the plugins opcodes accessible from https://csound.com/download.html, until we define a new 'modus vivendi' with Csound7?

François

Le ven. 30 juil. 2021 à 17:28, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> a écrit :
[...]

Date2021-07-30 17:00
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
YES - this would be great!

I can see me saying to my classes of new csounders - install this and this IDE, install this core, and install these plugins
- (as they typically do with every other program or plugin they use) and then... everything is there for them

On the mac, most 'user' install apps (packages), and plugins (and they are placed, by the 'installer', in the 'right' directories and folders, after which they 'show up' in the app.

launch Csound, go to the manual, find an example .csd, render it, be inspired by it, personalize it, learn from it, want to learn more

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 11:48 AM Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Date2021-07-30 19:43
FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
AttachmentsNone

Date2021-07-30 20:10
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
As csound gets bigger the maintenance gets more of a problem.  One opcodes have external library dependencies which may not work on all platforms.  One way of streamlining the processes is to move these opcodes into a plug-in directory and get new blood to maintain them.  We are part way though such a change.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Jul 30, 2021, 19:43, at 19:43, Pete Goodeve  wrote:
>As a bit of an outsider, I share Dr B's concern, a bit.
>What exactly was the logic for this change?
>
>I can see some logic in moving 'new' opcodes to a separate archive,
>but moving all those 'expected' ones too seems rather a pointless
>and backward step.
>
>I haven't tried compiling 6.16 for Haiku yet (as I'm probably the only
>user!) but I suspect it'll be a more complex job!
>
>	-- Pete --
>
>On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 12:00:52PM -0400, Dr. Richard Boulanger wrote:
>> YES - this would be great!
>>
>> I can see me saying to my classes of new csounders - install this and
>this
>> IDE, install this core, and install these plugins
>> - (as they typically do with every other program or plugin they use)
>and
>> then... everything is there for them
>>
>> On the mac, most 'user' install apps (packages), and plugins (and
>they are
>> placed, by the 'installer', in the 'right' directories and folders,
>after
>> which they 'show up' in the app.
>>
>> launch Csound, go to the manual, find an example .csd, render it, be
>> inspired by it, personalize it, learn from it, want to learn more
>>

>> *- dB*
>>

>> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
>>
>> Professor
>>
>> Electronic Production and Design
>>
>> *Berklee College of Music*
>>
>> Professional Writing & Technology Division
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 11:48 AM Francois PINOT
>wrote:
>>
>> > Maybe each new release of Csound could be completed with a separate
>build
>> > of the plugins opcodes accessible from
>https://csound.com/download.html
>> >
>,
>> > until we define a new 'modus vivendi' with Csound7?
>> >
>> > François

>on Zoom
>be able

>Windows)
>students), these
>in
>increasing, I am
>their new
>huge

>(and python

>aware of
>then I build
>build the
>> >>>
>https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/BUILD.md#macos-using-homebrew-
>> >>>
>)

>Csound
>manual examples

>'plugins'
>on my

>and on my
>have many demos
>semester, are

Date2021-07-30 20:20
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
I think this is a step in the right direction. Very few of the developers who actually developed these opcodes have anything to do with Csound any more. Maintaining them has fallen to the hands of Victor, Steven, John, etc, who frankly have much better Csound related things to be working on. On top of that, many of these opcodes require forks of outdated dependencies. So instead of spending time working on core Csound, they were spending it maintaining not just a handful of boutique opcodes, but entire forks of 3rd party libraries. It's madness. Although it is a shame that the community finds itself in this position, I for one would much rather see the expertise of those guys spent on core Csound issues.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 at 19:43, Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org> wrote:
> [...]

> >> things are 'broken' now or 'gone' now.  Especially as the interest in
> >> programming is increasing and programming with Python is increasing, I am
> >> thinking that there will be an ever-increasing interest in using their new
> >> Python skills and understanding with the 'power' of Csound and its huge
> >> synthesis and DSP collection.
> >>
> >> My question, for Rory Walsh (perhaps), would be - did this 'new'
> >> 'updated' 'improved' Csound remove the Fluid and image opcodes (and python
> >> opcodes) from Cabbage too?  I can't make Cabbage-Fluid plugins and
> >> stand-alone?  I can't make Cabbage-image stand-alone?
> >>
> >> *- dB*
> >>

> >> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
> >>
> >> Professor
> >>
> >> Electronic Production and Design
> >>
> >> *Berklee College of Music*
> >>
> >> Professional Writing & Technology Division

Date2021-07-30 21:34
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
There must be a solution, maybe as Francois suggested, for junior developers, and new users, and old-timers like me, to acquire (brew) these and other plugins that have been removed from the core

On Jul 30, 2021, at 3:21 PM, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:

> [...]

> >> things are 'broken' now or 'gone' now.  Especially as the interest in
> >> programming is increasing and programming with Python is increasing, I am
> >> thinking that there will be an ever-increasing interest in using their new
> >> Python skills and understanding with the 'power' of Csound and its huge
> >> synthesis and DSP collection.
> >>
> >> My question, for Rory Walsh (perhaps), would be - did this 'new'
> >> 'updated' 'improved' Csound remove the Fluid and image opcodes (and python
> >> opcodes) from Cabbage too?  I can't make Cabbage-Fluid plugins and
> >> stand-alone?  I can't make Cabbage-image stand-alone?
> >>
> >> *- dB*
> >>

> >> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
> >>
> >> Professor
> >>
> >> Electronic Production and Design
> >>
> >> *Berklee College of Music*
> >>
> >> Professional Writing & Technology Division

Date2021-07-31 09:28
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
Two years ago, I refactored the python opcodes for Python 3. They are exactly the kind of opcodes depending on external dependencies as described in Rory's message. Victor suggested putting them outside of the core Csound repository. That's how the plugins repository was created. I added to it the faust, image and FLTK (widgets) opcodes as a proof of concept. Later on, Victor added the chua and the AbletonLink opcodes. About one year ago, Eduardo released it's Csound plugins package manager called Risset (https://github.com/csound-plugins/risset). Risset could be the solution to manage this plugins repository...

François

Le ven. 30 juil. 2021 à 22:34, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> a écrit :
> [...]

> >> things are 'broken' now or 'gone' now.  Especially as the interest in
> >> programming is increasing and programming with Python is increasing, I am
> >> thinking that there will be an ever-increasing interest in using their new
> >> Python skills and understanding with the 'power' of Csound and its huge
> >> synthesis and DSP collection.
> >>
> >> My question, for Rory Walsh (perhaps), would be - did this 'new'
> >> 'updated' 'improved' Csound remove the Fluid and image opcodes (and python
> >> opcodes) from Cabbage too?  I can't make Cabbage-Fluid plugins and
> >> stand-alone?  I can't make Cabbage-image stand-alone?
> >>
> >> *- dB*
> >>

> >> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
> >>
> >> Professor
> >>
> >> Electronic Production and Design
> >>
> >> *Berklee College of Music*
> >>
> >> Professional Writing & Technology Division

Date2021-07-31 21:21
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
Francois, thank you for all the work that you have done and shared in so many areas of Csound over the years - especially showing us all the wonderful ways of using Python inside Csound.

As Rory described and as I have always understood, we have a precious resource (our time), and, I am eternally grateful to the incredibly generous spirit of all the Csound contributors and developers over the years.

The 35+ year evolution of Csound has been remarkable. What is possible today with Csound was beyond the wildest dreams of Barry Vercoe (or Max Mathews upon whose work it is based). Moreover, the fact that we can still run the very first pieces and studies and even run Csound adaptations of classics by Chowning, Stockhausen, The Risset Catalog, all the instruments in The Dodge & Jerse Computer Music Book, and everything from Max Mathews classic 1969 Technology of Computer Music Book, and preserve the code, experiments, and compositions by all the Csounders around the world is socially significant, culturally significant, and a testament to the universality of music and the depth of our friendships.  Csound has helped to build a truly amazing and supportive and incredibly inspiring family.

Since the summer of 1979, my life has been dedicated to sharing the power and wonder of Csound and to welcoming everyone into this thriving, and beautifully supportive, and enlightening audio community - a place to learn, to share, and to grow.

As some Csound opcodes are discovered to have licensing issues; and
As some new Csound opcodes (like the vst3 stuff) might have some licensing issues or external dependencies; and
As some current opcodes are difficult to maintain or no longer maintained by the original contributor; and
As some current opcodes just stop working on all platforms (like FLTK)

We do need to come up with a general solution, like the plugins repository (with simple step by step build instructions for each platform such as:  %brew install --HEAD csoundPythonPlugins, or %brew install --HEAD csoundImagePlugins, or %brew install --HEAD csoundFaustPlugins, or %brew install --HEAD csoundVstPlugins), or something like Eduardo's beautifully designed, richly documented, and ("I really really want to use some of those!") 'risset' plugins (which, regrettably, I have not been able to get to work on the Mac and John ffitch has not been able to get to work on his Linux box), or, as you suggested Francois, offering binary releases of the 'plugins' for each supported platform, or  'plugin installer packages' for all supported platforms.

As John says, we are almost there.  I truly hope so.
- moving this stuff makes total sense, but... it has also broken a lot of things that used to work
- and, there are a lot of pages and instruments in the manual now, that no longer work (unless you ...)

I don't want to lose a single csounder. And, I so appreciate that there are so many things now (like all the examples in CsoundQt, like the Widgets in CsoundQt, like the amazing collection of instruments in Cabbage (the Csound Plugin Maker), like The Csound Web IDE (Csound Everywhere), like Blue (the Csound DAW), like CsoundUnity (Csound in VR), and all the Great Books! - all 'instantly' reveal the beauty and power, the magnitude and range, and the treasure chest of riches, the infinite possibilities that Csound brings into the creative life of audio dreamers like you and me.

Take Care.

Wishing you all the best.

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 4:28 AM Francois PINOT <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> >> things are 'broken' now or 'gone' now.  Especially as the interest in
> >> programming is increasing and programming with Python is increasing, I am
> >> thinking that there will be an ever-increasing interest in using their new
> >> Python skills and understanding with the 'power' of Csound and its huge
> >> synthesis and DSP collection.
> >>
> >> My question, for Rory Walsh (perhaps), would be - did this 'new'
> >> 'updated' 'improved' Csound remove the Fluid and image opcodes (and python
> >> opcodes) from Cabbage too?  I can't make Cabbage-Fluid plugins and
> >> stand-alone?  I can't make Cabbage-image stand-alone?
> >>
> >> *- dB*
> >>

> >> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
> >>
> >> Professor
> >>
> >> Electronic Production and Design
> >>
> >> *Berklee College of Music*
> >>
> >> Professional Writing & Technology Division

Date2021-08-02 01:06
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
From the Terminal, on an M1 MacBook (steven yi - help!!!!), I was not able to use the Linux instructions to install any of the plugins
- the ldconfig command is missing on a mac
- there were errors associated with the compilation of the various plugins

I am happy to share some of the console messages

It would be awesome to be able to 'brew' them or just have a set of commands that would make them in the terminal and install them into the plugin folder for the mac.

I will try again on my Intel Mac running Catalina later and report about that too
- but I did read that there is no ldconfig on that MacOS either.

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 4:21 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:
> [...]

> >> things are 'broken' now or 'gone' now.  Especially as the interest in
> >> programming is increasing and programming with Python is increasing, I am
> >> thinking that there will be an ever-increasing interest in using their new
> >> Python skills and understanding with the 'power' of Csound and its huge
> >> synthesis and DSP collection.
> >>
> >> My question, for Rory Walsh (perhaps), would be - did this 'new'
> >> 'updated' 'improved' Csound remove the Fluid and image opcodes (and python
> >> opcodes) from Cabbage too?  I can't make Cabbage-Fluid plugins and
> >> stand-alone?  I can't make Cabbage-image stand-alone?
> >>
> >> *- dB*
> >>

> >> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
> >>
> >> Professor
> >>
> >> Electronic Production and Design
> >>
> >> *Berklee College of Music*
> >>
> >> Professional Writing & Technology Division

Date2021-08-02 01:10
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] image opcodes? where did they go?
On M1 Mac. OS 11.5 Big Sur

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air ~ % cd /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air plugins-master % ls

AbletonLinkOpcodes LICENSE chua faustcsound py

CMakeLists.txt README.md cmake image widgets

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air plugins-master % mkdir build

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air plugins-master % cd build

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air build % cmake ../

-- The C compiler identification is AppleClang 12.0.5.12050022

-- The CXX compiler identification is AppleClang 12.0.5.12050022

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

-- Check for working C compiler: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/cc - skipped

-- Detecting C compile features

-- Detecting C compile features - done

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

-- Check for working CXX compiler: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/c++ - skipped

-- Detecting CXX compile features

-- Detecting CXX compile features - done

-- Performing Test HAS_TREE_VECTORIZE

-- Performing Test HAS_TREE_VECTORIZE - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_TREE_VECTORIZE

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_TREE_VECTORIZE - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_FAST_MATH

-- Performing Test HAS_FAST_MATH - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_FAST_MATH

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_FAST_MATH - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_SSE2

-- Performing Test HAS_SSE2 - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_SSE2

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_SSE2 - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_OMIT_FRAME_POINTER

-- Performing Test HAS_OMIT_FRAME_POINTER - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_OMIT_FRAME_POINTER

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_OMIT_FRAME_POINTER - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_VISIBILITY_HIDDEN

-- Performing Test HAS_VISIBILITY_HIDDEN - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_VISIBILITY_HIDDEN

-- Performing Test HAS_CXX_VISIBILITY_HIDDEN - Success

-- Performing Test HAS_GNU99

-- Performing Test HAS_GNU99 - Success

CMake Warning (dev) at /opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.21.1/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:438 (message):

  The package name passed to `find_package_handle_standard_args` (CSOUND)

  does not match the name of the calling package (Csound).  This can lead to

  problems in calling code that expects `find_package` result variables

  (e.g., `_FOUND`) to follow a certain pattern.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  cmake/Modules/FindCsound.cmake:24 (find_package_handle_standard_args)

  CMakeLists.txt:110 (find_package)

This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Found CSOUND: /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Headers

-- LIBRARY INSTALL DIR: lib

-- Building with 64-bit floats

-- Looking for pthread_spin_lock

-- Looking for pthread_spin_lock - not found

-- Looking for pthread_barrier_init

-- Looking for pthread_barrier_init - not found

-- Building on OSX

CMake Warning (dev) at /opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.21.1/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:438 (message):

  The package name passed to `find_package_handle_standard_args` (Eigen3)

  does not match the name of the calling package (EIGEN3).  This can lead to

  problems in calling code that expects `find_package` result variables

  (e.g., `_FOUND`) to follow a certain pattern.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  cmake/Modules/FindEIGEN3.cmake:94 (find_package_handle_standard_args)

  chua/CMakeLists.txt:3 (find_package)

This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Found Eigen3: /opt/homebrew/include/eigen3 (Required is at least version "2.91.0")

-- BUILD_CHUA_OPCODES is enabled.

-- Found FAUST: /opt/homebrew/lib/libfaust.dylib

-- BUILD_FAUST_OPCODES is enabled.

-- Found ZLIB: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.3.sdk/usr/lib/libz.tbd (found version "1.2.11")

-- Found PNG: /opt/homebrew/lib/libpng.dylib (found version "1.6.37")

-- BUILD_IMAGE_OPCODES is enabled.

-- Found PythonLibs: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/libpython3.9.dylib (found suitable version "3.9.1", minimum required is "3")

-- BUILD_PYTHON_OPCODES is enabled.

-- Could NOT find X11 (missing: X11_X11_INCLUDE_PATH X11_X11_LIB)

-- Found FLTK: /opt/homebrew/lib/libfltk_images.dylib;/opt/homebrew/lib/libfltk_forms.dylib;/opt/homebrew/lib/libfltk.dylib

-- USE_FLTK is enabled.

-- BUILD_ABLETON_LINK_OPCODES is disabled.

-- Configuring done

-- Generating done

-- Build files have been written to: /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air build % make

/opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.21.1/bin/cmake -S/Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master -B/Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build --check-build-system CMakeFiles/Makefile.cmake 0

/opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.21.1/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build/CMakeFiles /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build//CMakeFiles/progress.marks

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make  -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 all

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make  -f chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/build.make chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/depend

cd /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build && /opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.21.1/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/chua /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build/chua /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build/chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/DependInfo.cmake --color=

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make  -f chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/build.make chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/build

[  8%] Building CXX object chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/ChuaOscillator.cpp.o

cd /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build/chua && /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/c++ -DHAVE_SOCKETS -DMACOSX -DNO_FLTK_THREADS -DPIPES -Dchua_EXPORTS -F/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -I/opt/homebrew/include/eigen3 -I/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Headers -std=c++11 -ffast-math -msse2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility=hidden -arch arm64 -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.3.sdk -fPIC -Wno-unused-local-typedef -MD -MT chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/ChuaOscillator.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/chua.dir/ChuaOscillator.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/chua.dir/ChuaOscillator.cpp.o -c /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/chua/ChuaOscillator.cpp

clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-msse2' [-Wunused-command-line-argument]

[ 16%] Linking CXX shared library libchua.dylib

cd /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build/chua && /opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.21.1/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/chua.dir/link.txt --verbose=1

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/c++  -std=c++11 -ffast-math -msse2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility=hidden -arch arm64 -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.3.sdk -dynamiclib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -o libchua.dylib -install_name @rpath/libchua.dylib CMakeFiles/chua.dir/ChuaOscillator.cpp.o

[ 16%] Built target chua

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make  -f faustcsound/CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/build.make faustcsound/CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/depend

cd /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build && /opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.21.1/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/faustcsound /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build/faustcsound /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build/faustcsound/CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/DependInfo.cmake --color=

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make  -f faustcsound/CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/build.make faustcsound/CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/build

[ 25%] Building CXX object faustcsound/CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/faustgen.cpp.o

cd /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/build/faustcsound && /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/c++ -DFAUSTFLOAT=MYFLT -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DHAVE_SOCKETS -DMACOSX -DNO_FLTK_THREADS -DPIPES -Dfaustcsound_EXPORTS -F/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -I/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Headers -std=c++11 -ffast-math -msse2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility=hidden -arch arm64 -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.3.sdk -fPIC -stdlib=libc++ -MD -MT faustcsound/CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/faustgen.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/faustgen.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/faustgen.cpp.o -c /Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/faustcsound/faustgen.cpp

clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-msse2' [-Wunused-command-line-argument]

/Users/rboulanger/Downloads/plugins-master/faustcsound/faustgen.cpp:38:10: fatal error: 'faust/dsp/llvm-dsp.h' file not found

#include "faust/dsp/llvm-dsp.h"

         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 error generated.

make[2]: *** [faustcsound/CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/faustgen.cpp.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** [faustcsound/CMakeFiles/faustcsound.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air build % sudo make install

Password:

[...]

Consolidate compiler generated dependencies of target chua

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make  -f chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/build.make chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/build

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `chua/CMakeFiles/chua.dir/build'.

[...]

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air build % sudo ldconfig

sudo: ldconfig: command not found

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air build % sudo apt-get install ldconfig

sudo: apt-get: command not found

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air build % brew install ldconfig

warning: unable to access '/Users/rboulanger/.config/git/attributes': Permission denied

warning: unable to access '/Users/rboulanger/.config/git/attributes': Permission denied

warning: unable to access '/Users/rboulanger/.config/git/attributes': Permission denied

==> Tapping homebrew/cask

Cloning into '/opt/homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-cask'...

remote: Enumerating objects: 584930, done.

remote: Counting objects: 100% (61/61), done.

remote: Total 584930 (delta 30), reused 25 (delta 6), pack-reused 584869

Receiving objects: 100% (584930/584930), 257.47 MiB | 47.34 MiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (413175/413175), done.

warning: unable to access '/Users/rboulanger/.config/git/attributes': Permission denied

Tapped 3963 casks (4,043 files, 276.2MB).

Warning: No available formula or cask with the name "ldconfig". Did you mean libconfig?

==> Searching for similarly named formulae...

This similarly named formula was found:

libconfig

To install it, run:

  brew install libconfig

==> Searching for a previously deleted formula (in the last month)...

Error: No previously deleted formula found.

==> Searching taps on GitHub...

Error: No formulae found in taps.

rboulanger@Richards-MacBook-Air build % csound -z

0dBFS level = 32768.0

--Csound version 6.17 (double samples) Jul 30 2021

[commit: 69af43889980b6e0c3342c878b8d02f064d8cc4a]

libsndfile-1.0.31

- dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

From the Terminal, on an M1 MacBook (steven yi - help!!!!), I was not able to use the Linux instructions to install any of the plugins