[Csnd-dev] plugins install dir

Subject[Csnd-dev] plugins install dir
Hi everyone,

trying to put things in some sense of order, I am adopting the CS USER PLUGIN directory that Eduardo has introduced.
For this, I have modified the CMakeLists.txt to install in the default directories expected by Csound.

These are:

LINUX: $HOME/csound/${APIVERSION}/plugins64  (doubles)
           or $HOME/csound/${APIVERSION}/plugins (floats)
MACOS: $HOME/Library/csound/${APIVERSION}/plugins64 (doubles)
          or $HOME/Library/csound/${APIVERSION}/plugins (floats)
Windows:  csound/${APIVERSION}/plugins64 (doubles)
         or csound/${APIVERSION}/plugins (floats)

(Not sure whether the windows is completely right, I’m using what is in CMakeLists.txt from Csound).

I think this is right because it won’t mix the separately built plugins with the Csound opcodes and also new
installations will not wipe out installed plugins.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this approach.

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] plugins install dir
In windows the default dir is

%LOCALAPPDATA%\csound\${APIVERSION}\plugins64

The variable is expanded by csound at runtime. APIVERSION is filled by
cmake (currently "6.0")