[Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017

Date2017-07-04 16:27
FromEugene Cherny
Subject[Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
Hi folks!

The Nord Modular to Csound converter has undergone serious rewriting
recently. Now the converter looks more like a tool, it can be easily
installed through pip, and the conversion seems to be working fine now.
So we are moving to the phase of implementing the actual Nord's modules
as UDOs. Please, check the progress here:
https://github.com/gleb812/pch2csd/

Meanwhile, I'm going to present the project at the SMC this Saturday
(Gleb's saving money for Montevideo and won't be in Finland). Is anyone
attending the conference? I've seen Dr. Lazzarini in the program, will
you be presenting yourself?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
Hi Eugene,

I'll see you there then. I have a paper on Friday on the Csound plugin framework.

best

Victor Lazzarini

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 17:27, Eugene Cherny  wrote:
>
> Hi folks!
>
> The Nord Modular to Csound converter has undergone serious rewriting
> recently. Now the converter looks more like a tool, it can be easily
> installed through pip, and the conversion seems to be working fine now.
> So we are moving to the phase of implementing the actual Nord's modules
> as UDOs. Please, check the progress here:
> https://github.com/gleb812/pch2csd/
>
> Meanwhile, I'm going to present the project at the SMC this Saturday
> (Gleb's saving money for Montevideo and won't be in Finland). Is anyone
> attending the conference? I've seen Dr. Lazzarini in the program, will
> you be presenting yourself?

Date2017-07-04 21:01
FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
Hi Victor,

Will you be able to share that paper publicly after Friday? I'd love to
read it.

Cheers.

On 04/07/17 12:34, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Hi Eugene,
>
> I'll see you there then. I have a paper on Friday on the Csound plugin framework.
>
> best
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 17:27, Eugene Cherny  wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks!
>>
>> The Nord Modular to Csound converter has undergone serious rewriting
>> recently. Now the converter looks more like a tool, it can be easily
>> installed through pip, and the conversion seems to be working fine now.
>> So we are moving to the phase of implementing the actual Nord's modules
>> as UDOs. Please, check the progress here:
>> https://github.com/gleb812/pch2csd/
>>
>> Meanwhile, I'm going to present the project at the SMC this Saturday
>> (Gleb's saving money for Montevideo and won't be in Finland). Is anyone
>> attending the conference? I've seen Dr. Lazzarini in the program, will
>> you be presenting yourself?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
yep, even before then. Let me get to the hotel and I'll do it.

Victor Lazzarini

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:01, Guillermo Senna  wrote:
>
> Hi Victor,
>
> Will you be able to share that paper publicly after Friday? I'd love to
> read it.
>
> Cheers.
>

>> On 04/07/17 12:34, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> Hi Eugene,
>>
>> I'll see you there then. I have a paper on Friday on the Csound plugin framework.
>>
>> best
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 17:27, Eugene Cherny  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi folks!
>>>
>>> The Nord Modular to Csound converter has undergone serious rewriting
>>> recently. Now the converter looks more like a tool, it can be easily
>>> installed through pip, and the conversion seems to be working fine now.
>>> So we are moving to the phase of implementing the actual Nord's modules
>>> as UDOs. Please, check the progress here:
>>> https://github.com/gleb812/pch2csd/
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, I'm going to present the project at the SMC this Saturday
>>> (Gleb's saving money for Montevideo and won't be in Finland). Is anyone
>>> attending the conference? I've seen Dr. Lazzarini in the program, will
>>> you be presenting yourself?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
Here it is http://vlazzarini.github.io/smc2017/cpof.pdf
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 21:04, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>
> yep, even before then. Let me get to the hotel and I'll do it.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:01, Guillermo Senna  wrote:
>>
>> Hi Victor,
>>
>> Will you be able to share that paper publicly after Friday? I'd love to
>> read it.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>>> On 04/07/17 12:34, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> Hi Eugene,
>>>
>>> I'll see you there then. I have a paper on Friday on the Csound plugin framework.
>>>
>>> best
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

Date2017-07-04 23:08
FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
Great! Thanks. I see that cipó means "the hand of the branch" in
tupí-guaraní. I feel it's an appropriate name for an interface.

On 04/07/17 18:48, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Here it is http://vlazzarini.github.io/smc2017/cpof.pdf
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 21:04, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>
>> yep, even before then. Let me get to the hotel and I'll do it.
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:01, Guillermo Senna  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Victor,
>>>
>>> Will you be able to share that paper publicly after Friday? I'd love to
>>> read it.
>>>
>>> Cheers.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
I didn’t know that. Live and learn.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:08, Guillermo Senna  wrote:
>
> Great! Thanks. I see that cipó means "the hand of the branch" in
> tupí-guaraní. I feel it's an appropriate name for an interface.
>

> On 04/07/17 18:48, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> Here it is http://vlazzarini.github.io/smc2017/cpof.pdf
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 21:04, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>>
>>> yep, even before then. Let me get to the hotel and I'll do it.
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
Hope SMC and the presentations went well!  I've got pch2csd installed
here and it seems to operate according to the current status of the
documentation.  I'm looking forward to reading about cpof too!

Thanks all!
steven

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Victor Lazzarini
 wrote:
> I didn’t know that. Live and learn.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:08, Guillermo Senna  wrote:
>>
>> Great! Thanks. I see that cipó means "the hand of the branch" in
>> tupí-guaraní. I feel it's an appropriate name for an interface.
>>

>> On 04/07/17 18:48, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> Here it is http://vlazzarini.github.io/smc2017/cpof.pdf
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Date2017-07-07 07:56
FromEugene Cherny
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
Hi Steven!

Check out the proceedings: http://smc2017.aalto.fi/proceedings.html —
Victor's paper is up there already! I've just listened his presentation,
cpof looks really nice!

Ech

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017, at 05:36, Steven Yi wrote:
> Hope SMC and the presentations went well!  I've got pch2csd installed
> here and it seems to operate according to the current status of the
> documentation.  I'm looking forward to reading about cpof too!
>
> Thanks all!
> steven
>
> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Victor Lazzarini
>  wrote:
> > I didn’t know that. Live and learn.
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> >> On 4 Jul 2017, at 23:08, Guillermo Senna  wrote:
> >>
> >> Great! Thanks. I see that cipó means "the hand of the branch" in
> >> tupí-guaraní. I feel it's an appropriate name for an interface.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] pch2csd project at SMC2017
Thanks Eugene, some very interesting papers this year!  Going to take
a while to read through. :)

Cheers!
steven