Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] Call for windows help for csound6~ for Max/MSP

Date2022-03-09 01:44
FromIain Duncan
Subject[Csnd-dev] Call for windows help for csound6~ for Max/MSP
Hi folks, as announced on the main list, I have a first release of csound6~ for Max/MSP up, with binaries available for intel Mac. As I'm not at all a Windows user, if someone here knows compiling for windows with VisualStudio or Cmake (requiring the newer Max SDK) and can help me out, that would be lovely. Please let me know if you can. 

iain

Date2022-03-09 09:33
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Call for windows help for csound6~ for Max/MSP
Hi Iain, I was building the other Csound max object for Windows for a while, so I guess I can try building this one for you. Note that I don't have Max, but as far as I recall the runtime player is free. Just let me know where to get started, I love a challenge!! 

On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 at 01:44, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks, as announced on the main list, I have a first release of csound6~ for Max/MSP up, with binaries available for intel Mac. As I'm not at all a Windows user, if someone here knows compiling for windows with VisualStudio or Cmake (requiring the newer Max SDK) and can help me out, that would be lovely. Please let me know if you can. 

iain

Date2022-03-09 14:58
FromIain Duncan
Hi Rory, that would be a great help. Yes, the runtime is still free, so there is no need to purchase Max to use it. (One could technically do a lot in Scheme for Max and Csound6~ in the free runtime as the only limitation is saving the Max patch, while the scheme and csound code are just text files). 

I've made a ticket thread here for us so we can discuss on the repo where others can hopefully use the information if they also want to build for Windows. https://github.com/iainctduncan/csound_max/issues/1

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 1:32 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
Hi Iain, I was building the other Csound max object for Windows for a while, so I guess I can try building this one for you. Note that I don't have Max, but as far as I recall the runtime player is free. Just let me know where to get started, I love a challenge!! 

iain

Date2022-03-09 16:38
FromRory Walsh
Discussion started.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 at 14:58, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rory, that would be a great help. Yes, the runtime is still free, so there is no need to purchase Max to use it. (One could technically do a lot in Scheme for Max and Csound6~ in the free runtime as the only limitation is saving the Max patch, while the scheme and csound code are just text files). 

I've made a ticket thread here for us so we can discuss on the repo where others can hopefully use the information if they also want to build for Windows. https://github.com/iainctduncan/csound_max/issues/1

iain

Date2022-03-09 16:45
FromIain Duncan
great, picking it up there! Thanks Rory

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 8:38 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
Discussion started.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 at 14:58, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:

iain