[Csnd-dev] A weird bug on the ATSadd opcode

Date2019-03-20 17:34
FromOscar Pablo Di Liscia
Subject[Csnd-dev] A weird bug on the ATSadd opcode
Attachments05K07_atsadd.csd  basoon-C4.ats
Hello list:
I've attached a csd file plus an ATS analysis file to this message to
show a strange bug I
discovered in the ATSadd opcode. The CSD code is adapted of the one
with the same name
that I wrote for the Csound FLOSS Manual.
Three notes synthesised using data from the ATS analysis of a Basson
playing a C4 are
performed. You will notice that in the very beginning of the notes 2
and 3 there is a small
amount of samples out of range that have nothing to do with the desired results.
The weird thing is that the unwanted results occurs only if both two
conditions are met:
1-More that one note played using the opcode.
2-Setting either the offset value or the increment values or both to
some value different
than the default (0 and 1 respectively).
I was looking at the C code and I cannot see the reason of the fail.
If you just comment two of the three notes, you can check that the
error does not happens,
which makes me to suspect that there may be something beyond the Opcode itself.
Looks like something not clean in memory, or reading out of memory.
But no segmentation
fault is reported by Csound.
Maybe some of you that are much more familiar with the Csound API and
the Csound low level
structure can guess something that helps.
Many thanks
Pablo

--
Dr. Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Profesor Titular

Date2019-03-20 17:56
FromOscar Pablo Di Liscia
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] A weird bug on the ATSadd opcode
Attachments05K07_atsadd.csd
Sorry, I've attached a wrong CSD file. The one you should use. is attached
to this message. Or you can simply comment the out statement of the
previous file in this way:

out asig ;*agate (just take out this part)

Best
Pablo