[Csnd-dev] query value of variables during runtime, via the API?

Date2016-11-22 20:07
FromRory Walsh
Subject[Csnd-dev] query value of variables during runtime, via the API?
I'm currently working on a project whereby I would like to query the value of a given variable at random times during performance. For example, I hit a button during performance, and I get to see the value of kWhatever at that particular point in time. I know I can set a break point in the Csound debugger, and grab the variable's value that way, but I don't want to pause the performance. Anyone got any ideas? I might try automatically placing a breakpoint on each instrument and then continuing the debug on each k-cycle? But I assume this will mangle the audio. I don't suppose there are any API methods for looking up variable values during a performance?

Date2016-11-22 20:23
FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] query value of variables during runtime, via the API?
Hi,

If you want to access any variable I know no means but if you can map
everything to global variables, you could  use perhas chnexport
http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/chnexport.html

and read it as a channel from the host.

tarmo