[Csnd-dev] Manual

Date2018-09-21 19:51
FromJohn
Subject[Csnd-dev] Manual
I was doing some maintenance on the manual and noted that the following
opcodes are not documented (or at least not obviously)

signalflowgraph
many functions involving arrays in arrayops.cpp
faustcompile2
faustdsp
faustplay
Many opcodes starting la_
OSCsend_lo
lincos
bpfcos
reshapearray
ftslice
tab2array
printarray

There may be others as I was not looking for undocumented ops, but these
just were noticed

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual
The signal flow graph opcodes are documented, see
https://csound.com/docs/manual/SignalFlowGraphOpcodes.html.

Best,

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 2:51 PM John  wrote:

> I was doing some maintenance on the manual and noted that the following
> opcodes are not documented (or at least not obviously)
>
> signalflowgraph
> many functions involving arrays in arrayops.cpp
> faustcompile2
> faustdsp
> faustplay
> Many opcodes starting la_
> OSCsend_lo
> lincos
> bpfcos
> reshapearray
> ftslice
> tab2array
> printarray
>
> There may be others as I was not looking for undocumented ops, but these
> just were noticed

Date2018-09-21 21:10
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual
I agree tat outlet, inet,...etc are documented but  did not find in the
sources any manual page for the opcode signalflowgraph, nor any use in
examples.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual
The faust ops are new and I
forgot to document then. Will do.

I'm not sure about the others.

Victor Lazzarini

> On 21 Sep 2018, at 19:52, John  wrote:
>
> I was doing some maintenance on the manual and noted that the following
> opcodes are not documented (or at least not obviously)
>
> signalflowgraph
> many functions involving arrays in arrayops.cpp
> faustcompile2
> faustdsp
> faustplay
> Many opcodes starting la_
> OSCsend_lo
> lincos
> bpfcos
> reshapearray
> ftslice
> tab2array
> printarray
>
> There may be others as I was not looking for undocumented ops, but these
> just were noticed

Date2018-09-21 23:54
From"Worrall, David"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual

That would be excellent – thanks Victor. I pointed in csound/python workshop these out to a colleague; he became an instant convert to csound!

---

Prof David Worrall, BMus (Hons), PhD

Audio Arts and Acoustics

Columbia College Chicago

33 E Congress Pkwy Room 601N

Chicago, ILLINOIS, USA 60605

Tel: (1)312.369.8821 Fax: (1)312.369.8427

Wikipedia: David Worrall

Personal research/creative practice website: avatar.com.au

President, International Community for Auditory Display icad.org

From: Csound-developers <CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>
Date: Friday, September 21, 2018 at 4:03 PM
To: "CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject: Re: [Csnd-dev] Manual

On 21 Sep 2018, at 19:52, John <jpff@CODEMIST.CO.UK> wrote:

I was doing some maintenance on the manual and noted that the following

opcodes are not documented (or at least not obviously)

signalflowgraph

many functions involving arrays in arrayops.cpp

faustcompile2

faustdsp

faustplay

Many opcodes starting la_

OSCsend_lo

lincos

bpfcos

reshapearray

ftslice

tab2array

printarray

There may be others as I was not looking for undocumented ops, but these

just were noticed

==John ffitch

Date2018-09-27 12:48
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual
As there is no manual page for the opcode signalflowgraph should it not be
removed?  I think all opcodes should be documented.

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018, jpff wrote:

> I agree tat outlet, inet,...etc are documented but  did not find in the
> sources any manual page for the opcode signalflowgraph, nor any use in
> examples.
>
> John ff

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual
There is no "signalflowgraph opcode", there is a SET of opcodes.

All of the code for all of these opcodes is in the one Opcoces/signalflowgraph.cpp file. Perhaps this is the source of your confusion?

ALL OF THESE OPCODES ARE INDEED DOCUMENTED.

DO NOT REMOVE THIS FILE, the opcodes not only are documented in the official Csound Reference Manual, they are used by me and by other composers.

I have NO idea what you are talking about.

Best,
Mike

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018, jpff wrote:

> I agree tat outlet, inet,...etc are documented but  did not find in the
> sources any manual page for the opcode signalflowgraph, nor any use in
> examples.
>
> John ff

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual
csound -z says otherwise

sfpreset            shaker              shiftin             shiftout
signalflowgraph     signum              simple              sin
sinh                sininv              sinsyn              sleighbells

Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 27 Sep 2018, at 13:18, Michael Gogins  wrote:
>
> There is no "signalflowgraph opcode", there is a SET of opcodes.
>
> All of the code for all of these opcodes is in the one Opcoces/signalflowgraph.cpp file. Perhaps this is the source of your confusion?
>
> ALL OF THESE OPCODES ARE INDEED DOCUMENTED.
>
> DO NOT REMOVE THIS FILE, the opcodes not only are documented in the official Csound Reference Manual, they are used by me and by other composers.
>
> I have NO idea what you are talking about.
>
> Best,
> Mike
>

> On Thu, Sep 27, 2018, 07:48 jpff  wrote:
> As there is no manual page for the opcode signalflowgraph should it not be
> removed?  I think all opcodes should be documented.
>
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2018, jpff wrote:
>
> > I agree tat outlet, inet,...etc are documented but  did not find in the
> > sources any manual page for the opcode signalflowgraph, nor any use in
> > examples.
> >
> > John ff

Date2018-09-27 13:27
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual
Sorry but there is an opcode named signalflowgraph.  It appears in -z output and is defined in the file Opcodes/signalflowgraph.cpp as the first opcode in the OEntries.

I am not talking about the the collection, just that one opcode.  Not at a real computer yet so cannot give the line number etc

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Sep 27, 2018, 13:19, at 13:19, Michael Gogins  wrote:
>There is no "signalflowgraph opcode", there is a SET of opcodes.
>
>All of the code for all of these opcodes is in the one
>Opcoces/signalflowgraph.cpp file. Perhaps this is the source of your
>confusion?
>
>ALL OF THESE OPCODES ARE INDEED DOCUMENTED.
>
>DO NOT REMOVE THIS FILE, the opcodes not only are documented in the
>official Csound Reference Manual, they are used by me and by other
>composers.
>
>I have NO idea what you are talking about.
>
>Best,
>Mike
>

>On Thu, Sep 27, 2018, 07:48 jpff  wrote:
>
>> As there is no manual page for the opcode signalflowgraph should it
>not be
>> removed?  I think all opcodes should be documented.
>>
>> On Fri, 21 Sep 2018, jpff wrote:
>>
>> > I agree tat outlet, inet,...etc are documented but  did not find in
>the
>> > sources any manual page for the opcode signalflowgraph, nor any use
>in
>> > examples.
>> >
>> > John ff

Date2018-09-27 13:27
FromAnders Genell
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual
Mike,
csound -z shows a signalflowgraph opcode listed along with all the rest, at least in my build:

--Csound version 6.12 beta (double samples) Sep 22 2018
[commit: 415ea5e8d41b301d07c14456e840ba7787d32e8b]
libsndfile-1.0.28

ATSadd              ATSaddnz            ATSbufread          ATScross
ATSinfo             ATSinterpread       ATSpartialtap       ATSread
ATSreadnz           ATSsinnoi           FLbox               FLbutBank
FLbutton            FLcloseButton       FLcolor             FLcolor2
sfplay3m            sfplaym             sfplist             sfpreset
shaker              shiftin             shiftout            signalflowgraph
signum              sin                 sinh                sininv
ziwm                zkcl                zkmod               zkr
zkw                 zkwm
1486 opcodes

WARNING: could not open library '/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libfluidOpcodes.so' (libfluidsynth.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
WARNING: could not open library '/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libstkops.so' (libstk-4.5.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
end of score.              overall amps:      0.0
           overall samples out of range:        0
0 errors in performance
Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0.005s, CPU: 0.005s

Regards,
Anders

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018, jpff wrote:

> I agree tat outlet, inet,...etc are documented but  did not find in the
> sources any manual page for the opcode signalflowgraph, nor any use in
> examples.
>
> John ff

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Manual
Okay, thanks for being clearer.

I have removed this one opcode from the signalflowgraph.cpp file in the current develop branch.

Best,
Mike