[Csnd-dev] Another FLTK change

Date2017-12-12 15:33
Fromjpff
Subject[Csnd-dev] Another FLTK change
In csound5 FLbox's first argument was type T (string or i-rate), but
in the current sources it is S.  This breaks old code.

Is there a reason why we are not using T here?

Also looking at FLsetText we have a similar problem.  The type off the
first argument is T but the code assumes it is a string and copies
a putative data field, but my (old) example has an integer here.
Is there any reason for this change?

Or should both be restored?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Another FLTK change
No particular reason. Since 6.00, for opcodes where there is a string and a number as options, I have
actually made two separate opcode entry points, with i and S, often then sharing the rest of the
code (see for instance in str_ops.c). Seemed to me a cleaner solution to have overloads.
I have no issues with restoring the old code though.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952