[Csnd-dev] problem with compilation of an opcode in the csound 6.09.1

Date2017-11-08 00:20
FromPablo Frank
Subject[Csnd-dev] problem with compilation of an opcode in the csound 6.09.1
Attachmentscsound_poscil.c

when trying to compilate the opcode attached (compilated without problems in former csound versions) i get this:

C:\MinGW\bin>gcc -O2 -shared -o csound_poscil.dll csound_poscil.c -DUSE_DOUBLE -I "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Csound6\include\csound"
In file included from c:\mingw\include\csdl.h:111:0,
                 from csound_poscil.c:1:
c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or directory
 #include <pthread.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.

Someone knows what's the problem and how to repair this?

Date2017-11-08 14:35
FromPablo Frank
Subject[Csnd] problem with compilation of user defined opcode *not UDO* in the csound 6.09.1
Attachmentscsound_poscil.c

hello all,  when trying to compilate the opcode attached (compilated without problems in former csound versions) i get this:

C:\MinGW\bin>gcc -O2 -shared -o csound_poscil.dll csound_poscil.c -DUSE_DOUBLE -I "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Csound6\include\csound"
In file included from c:\mingw\include\csdl.h:111:0,
                 from csound_poscil.c:1:
c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or directory
 #include <pthread.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.

Someone knows what's the problem and how to repair this?

SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with compilation of user defined opcode *not UDO* in the csound 6.09.1
Well, the error is what it is telling you:

c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such
file or directory
 #include

On your system, when compiling, it can not find pthread.h.  Did you
change anything about your system?  It looks to me that that line to
include pthread.h has been there since 2011, so it's not new.  Did you
change your compilation setup (reinstalled gcc? msys? mingw? etc.)
recently?

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Pablo Frank  wrote:
> hello all,  when trying to compilate the opcode attached (compilated without
> problems in former csound versions) i get this:
>

> C:\MinGW\bin>gcc -O2 -shared -o csound_poscil.dll csound_poscil.c
> -DUSE_DOUBLE -I "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Csound6\include\csound"
> In file included from c:\mingw\include\csdl.h:111:0,
>                  from csound_poscil.c:1:
> c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or
> directory
>  #include
>                      ^
> compilation terminated.
>

> Someone knows what's the problem and how to repair this?

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

FromPablo Frank
SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with compilation of user defined opcode *not UDO* in the csound 6.09.1

Did you
change anything about your system?  It looks to me that that line to
include pthread.h has been there since 2011, so it's not new.  Did you
change your compilation setup (reinstalled gcc? msys? mingw? etc.)
recently?

I *only* changed the csound version i'm using (i'm using the last 6.09.1). The last time i compiled it with one of the former versions (i don't remember which) everything was ok.  I used and use the same mingw.

According to your answer, something was changed in the mingw i have installed, and i should installed it again?

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Pablo Frank <frank_pablo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hello all,  when trying to compilate the opcode attached (compilated without
> problems in former csound versions) i get this:
>

> C:\MinGW\bin>gcc -O2 -shared -o csound_poscil.dll csound_poscil.c
> -DUSE_DOUBLE -I "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Csound6\include\csound"
> In file included from c:\mingw\include\csdl.h:111:0,
>                  from csound_poscil.c:1:
> c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or
> directory
>  #include <pthread.h>
>                      ^
> compilation terminated.
>

> Someone knows what's the problem and how to repair this?

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can

> be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with compilation of user defined opcode *not UDO* in the csound 6.09.1
I don't know what my or may not have changed on your system, just asking questions to see if something has or not. Ultimately, you need to get pthread.h on your include path when you compile. I don't think the Csound headers have changed for that pthread inclusion from what I've seen. So my guess is something changed on your system.

Also, I see you running gcc from a terminal with a C:\ prompt.  Have you tried running gcc from
 an msys terminal?

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Pablo Frank <frank_pablo@hotmail.com> wrote:

Did you
change anything about your system?  It looks to me that that line to
include pthread.h has been there since 2011, so it's not new.  Did you
change your compilation setup (reinstalled gcc? msys? mingw? etc.)
recently?

I *only* changed the csound version i'm using (i'm using the last 6.09.1). The last time i compiled it with one of the former versions (i don't remember which) everything was ok.  I used and use the same mingw.

According to your answer, something was changed in the mingw i have installed, and i should installed it again?

Well, the error is what it is telling you:

c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such
file or directory
 #include <pthread.h>

On your system, when compiling, it can not find pthread.h.  Did you
change anything about your system?  It looks to me that that line to
include pthread.h has been there since 2011, so it's not new.  Did you
change your compilation setup (reinstalled gcc? msys? mingw? etc.)
recently?

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Pablo Frank <frank_pablo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hello all,  when trying to compilate the opcode attached (compilated without
> problems in former csound versions) i get this:
>

> C:\MinGW\bin>gcc -O2 -shared -o csound_poscil.dll csound_poscil.c
> -DUSE_DOUBLE -I "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Csound6\include\csound"
> In file included from c:\mingw\include\csdl.h:111:0,
>                  from csound_poscil.c:1:
> c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or
> directory
>  #include <pthread.h>
>                      ^
> compilation terminated.
>

> Someone knows what's the problem and how to repair this?

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
csound - Main repository for Csound ... Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the ...

> be posted here

csound - Main repository for Csound ... Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the ...

FromAlan Fitch
On 2017-11-08 15:43, Steven Yi wrote:
> I don't know what my or may not have changed on your system, just
> asking questions to see if something has or not. Ultimately, you need
> to get pthread.h on your include path when you compile. I don't think
> the Csound headers have changed for that pthread inclusion from what
> I've seen. So my guess is something changed on your system.
>
> Also, I see you running gcc from a terminal with a C:\ prompt.  Have
> you tried running gcc from
>  an msys terminal?

You can also write a very small program like this:

#include
#include
int main (int argc, char ** argv) {
    printf ("hello");
    return 0;
}

save it in main.c, and do

gcc main.c
./a.exe

to see if it works.
I've tried that with Cygwin just now and it worked,

Alan

--
Alan Fitch
(Home)

FromPablo Frank
SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with compilation of user defined opcode *not UDO* in the csound 6.09.1
Attachmentscsound_poscil.c  csound_poscil.csd

I reinstalled mingw, and added to the "include" folder all the files of the "include" folder of the csound-6.09.1 version.

i tried to compile with the next command and all seemed to go ok (didn't receive any message):

gcc -O2 -shared -o csound_poscil.dll csound_poscil.c -DUSE_DOUBLE -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Csound6_x64\include\csound"

Then i tried to run the .csd file containing the opcode (here attached) from csoundQT and got this message:

STARTING FILE

Creating options

Creating orchestra

Creating score

rtaudio: PortAudio module enabled ...

using blocking interface

error: syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT (token "csound_poscil") from file C:\MinGW\bin\csound_poscil.csd (1)

line 15:

>>>asig csound_poscil <<<

Unexpected untyped word asig when expecting a variable

Parsing failed due to invalid input!

Stopping on parser failure

cannot compile orchestra

I tried also to compile from msys directory and it seems i don't know the correct command because i got full of errors trying this command:

msysmnt   -O2 -shared -o csound_poscil.dll csound_poscil.c -DUSE_DOUBLE -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Csound6\include\csound"

I'm fully lost. No idea what happens.

Well, the error is what it is telling you:

c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such
file or directory
 #include <pthread.h>

On your system, when compiling, it can not find pthread.h.  Did you
change anything about your system?  It looks to me that that line to
include pthread.h has been there since 2011, so it's not new.  Did you
change your compilation setup (reinstalled gcc? msys? mingw? etc.)
recently?

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Pablo Frank <frank_pablo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hello all,  when trying to compilate the opcode attached (compilated without
> problems in former csound versions) i get this:
>

> C:\MinGW\bin>gcc -O2 -shared -o csound_poscil.dll csound_poscil.c
> -DUSE_DOUBLE -I "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Csound6\include\csound"
> In file included from c:\mingw\include\csdl.h:111:0,
>                  from csound_poscil.c:1:
> c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or
> directory
>  #include <pthread.h>
>                      ^
> compilation terminated.
>

> Someone knows what's the problem and how to repair this?

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
csound - Main repository for Csound ... Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the ...

> be posted here

csound - Main repository for Csound ... Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the ...

SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with compilation of user defined opcode *not UDO* in the csound 6.09.1
You have to have a OPCODE6DIR64 environment variable that points to the directory containing your plugin file. If you have such variable already, copy the plugin file to the directory indicated.

Regards,

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 3:22 PM, Pablo Frank <frank_pablo@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

>                  from csound_poscil.c:1:
> c:\mingw\include\csoundCore.h:33:21: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or
> directory
>  #include <pthread.h>
>                      ^
> compilation terminated.
>

> Someone knows what's the problem and how to repair this?

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
csound - Main repository for Csound ... Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the ...

> be posted here

csound - Main repository for Csound ... Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the ...

SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with compilation of user defined opcode *not UDO* in the csound 6.09.1
I compiled here with GCC and MinGW and got a DLL. I copied the dll into my OPCODE6DIR64 folder and the CSD worked fine. I tried using:

csound --opcode-lib=csound_poscil.dll csound_poscil.csd

but that did not work.  I did get that  to work in MSYS using:

csound csound_poscil.csd --opcode-lib=$PWD/csound_poscil.dll