[Csnd-dev] cmake problem

Subject[Csnd-dev] cmake problem
hi -

i know something like this has discussed here, but i don't know the result.

i just wanted to build csound like usual, after pulling, and got this error:

-- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "2.9.3")
-- GIT: /usr/bin/git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:611 (string):
   string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.

anything i can do?

thanks -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cmake problem
There is an option to turn git hashing off. I can't recall what it is now, but if you look in
the CMakeFiles.txt you will see it.

Victor Lazzarini

> On 24 Oct 2016, at 21:13, joachim heintz  wrote:
>
> hi -
>
> i know something like this has discussed here, but i don't know the result.
>
> i just wanted to build csound like usual, after pulling, and got this error:
>
> -- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "2.9.3")
> -- GIT: /usr/bin/git
> fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
> Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:611 (string):
>  string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.
>

> anything i can do?
>
> thanks -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cmake problem
Just got on my computer now. The cmake variable is USE_GIT_COMMIT.

cmake -DUSE_GIT_COMMIT=0 ..

regards
========================
Dr Victor Lazzarini
Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 24 Oct 2016, at 21:28, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>
> There is an option to turn git hashing off. I can't recall what it is now, but if you look in
> the CMakeFiles.txt you will see it.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
>> On 24 Oct 2016, at 21:13, joachim heintz  wrote:
>>
>> hi -
>>
>> i know something like this has discussed here, but i don't know the result.
>>
>> i just wanted to build csound like usual, after pulling, and got this error:
>>
>> -- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "2.9.3")
>> -- GIT: /usr/bin/git
>> fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
>> Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:611 (string):
>> string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.
>>

>> anything i can do?
>>
>> thanks -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cmake problem
thanks, victor.  after knowing the command, i could turn it off in
CMakeCache.txt.
best -
	joachim

On 24/10/16 22:32, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Just got on my computer now. The cmake variable is USE_GIT_COMMIT.
>
> cmake -DUSE_GIT_COMMIT=0 ..
>
> regards
> ========================
> Dr Victor Lazzarini
> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>

>> On 24 Oct 2016, at 21:28, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>
>> There is an option to turn git hashing off. I can't recall what it is now, but if you look in
>> the CMakeFiles.txt you will see it.
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 24 Oct 2016, at 21:13, joachim heintz  wrote:
>>>
>>> hi -
>>>
>>> i know something like this has discussed here, but i don't know the result.
>>>
>>> i just wanted to build csound like usual, after pulling, and got this error:
>>>
>>> -- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "2.9.3")
>>> -- GIT: /usr/bin/git
>>> fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
>>> Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
>>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:611 (string):
>>> string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.
>>>

>>> anything i can do?
>>>
>>> thanks -
>>>   joachim

Date2016-10-24 22:04
FromFelipe Sateler
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cmake problem
I have committed 2 related fixes: run git in the source dir and not
build dir, and don't fail if we don't get a hash.

Saludos

--

Saludos,

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cmake problem
Thanks Felipe for those fixes!

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Felipe Sateler  wrote:
> I have committed 2 related fixes: run git in the source dir and not
> build dir, and don't fail if we don't get a hash.
>
> Saludos
>
> On 24 October 2016 at 17:13, joachim heintz  wrote:
>> hi -
>>
>> i know something like this has discussed here, but i don't know the result.
>>
>> i just wanted to build csound like usual, after pulling, and got this error:
>>
>> -- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "2.9.3")
>> -- GIT: /usr/bin/git
>> fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
>> Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:611 (string):
>>   string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.
>>

>> anything i can do?
>>
>> thanks -
>>         joachim
>

> --
>
> Saludos,

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cmake problem
yes, thank goodness there's someone here who can deal with cmake competently...

Victor Lazzarini

> On 24 Oct 2016, at 22:17, Steven Yi  wrote:
>
> Thanks Felipe for those fixes!
>
>> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Felipe Sateler  wrote:
>> I have committed 2 related fixes: run git in the source dir and not
>> build dir, and don't fail if we don't get a hash.
>>
>> Saludos
>>
>>> On 24 October 2016 at 17:13, joachim heintz  wrote:
>>> hi -
>>>
>>> i know something like this has discussed here, but i don't know the result.
>>>
>>> i just wanted to build csound like usual, after pulling, and got this error:
>>>
>>> -- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "2.9.3")
>>> -- GIT: /usr/bin/git
>>> fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
>>> Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
>>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:611 (string):
>>>  string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.
>>>

>>> anything i can do?
>>>
>>> thanks -
>>>        joachim
>>

>> --
>>
>> Saludos,

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] cmake problem
if it depended on me we'd probably have an unbuildable system.

Victor Lazzarini